FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Reality Shows

ainieas
Anyone here agrees with me there is an oversaturation of reality shows on TV. I didn't have this viewpoint until I saw Tommy Hilfiger on The Cut. I think that was it, for me. I had enough of people meeting their life partners, getting fired, acting stupid (or is that acting natural a la The Simple Life), eating God-knows-what, b!tching, bickering and all that.

The only reality show I like is The Amazing Race, cause it really stood out amongst the others. To some extend Fight School was intresting but it sank into oblivion.

So what do you people think about reality shows.
Whong
The only "reality show " I watch is Dr. Phil and that is a real deal! All others like Amazing Race or any others are really boring in my opinion!

I don't see why people are so interested in reality TV. And now a days the TV is full of lousy programmes(sorry to say, if you like some of the newer series)

Do you watch soapoperas, I don't I just can't stand them(sorry again if I upset someone) I like the old shows like MacGyver, Love and Marriage, All in the Family etc.
nakoth
It is bit overwhelming how many reality shows there are currently. I live in Finland and we have 4 channels (+ cabel ones) and 2 of them are commercial ones.
I think at the moment there are total 8 reality shows on those 2 channels. When the reality shows first appeared, they were something new and i admit watching Survivors and whatnot. But currently i have lost the intrest.

Until there will be something totally different, i think that people will start to loose (if they havent already) their interest on reality shows.
Whong
nakoth wrote:
It is bit overwhelming how many reality shows there are currently. I live in Finland and we have 4 channels (+ cabel ones) and 2 of them are commercial ones.
I think at the moment there are total 8 reality shows on those 2 channels. When the reality shows first appeared, they were something new and i admit watching Survivors and whatnot. But currently i have lost the intrest.

Until there will be something totally different, i think that people will start to loose (if they havent already) their interest on reality shows.

I live in Finland too, and I've never really been watching any reality shows like Amazing Race or Survivors. I don't really get what is so interesting in them. People watch them like crazy.
jeremoi
Whong wrote:

I live in Finland too, and I've never really been watching any reality shows like Amazing Race or Survivors. I don't really get what is so interesting in them. People watch them like crazy.

Are there a lot of Finnish adaptations of foreign reality shows?
Satori
I agree reality TV has taken a turn for the worse. Did you ever catch an episode of the inventor show...it was horrible! The judges were all very stupid and inconsistent in what they liked. More over the products they choose were not all new inventions, some were just modifications. Anyways, I thought it was really stupid. Evil or Very Mad

I do have a favorite reality show Laughing , however, and I am a devoted watcher of the Amazing Race...like ainieas. This is the only show with very little drama...that is the reason i like it. In addition, it seems like the best team always wins! Yay! I have watched many seasons and to my surprise, I was always happy with the teams that won. The Hippies were the best yet! They really enjoyed the trip and didn't fight which was nice. The producers of the show tried to add in some drama in this past season but i guess the teams didn't really play into it b/c towards the end it wasn't there. I'm sooooo glad those two girls got kicked off early b/c their relationship with the frat boys...that was really annoying.

There is another show called the Eco Challenge Smile , it is like the Amazing Race but it doesn't come on primetime TV, I think it comes on the discovery channel or something like that. I watched one full race (I think it took a couple weeks, can't remember) but it is more real than the Amazing Race. The contestants stayed in Australia when I watched it. They raced from one end to the other or something like that. Anyways it was really neat, but not just anyone could do it, you had to be really fit and motivated to even complete the course. The teams consisted of 4 or so people (sorry I can't remember I watched it a long time ago). Anyways, I would love Razz to do that race although I would have to train and get a good team together. It is more for the accomplishment of doing it and less for the prize at the end (which is some amount of money I believe) Wink

Ok back to my soap box..... Confused
My latest pet peeve is the defacing of the contestants that goes on during some shows. I watched the end of the last American Idol and I was appalled (granted I didn't watch the show all season so it might have been the same throughout). The show outright made fun of old contestants. I have no respect for them. I think it is rude when they single out people and blatantly make fun of them, like giving them awards for "worst singer"...blah, blah blah. Mad

I watched the first episode of so you think you can dance and they did the same thing. Well, except for the African American judge, he was never rude to the contestants. Some were bad, no doubt but they didn't need to be so rude to them. I really can't stand these shows that think it is ok to do this. Didn't their mom ever tell them "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all" ? Very Happy

i don't know much about the other shows like the chef one, big brother, survivor, the donald trump one, and i don't care to b/c the previews look horrible enough...yelling, drama...blah, blah, blah. I don't care about that.

What is the longest running reality show (in US only, I know we stole ideas from many countries that had similar shows) Question
fear factor Question survivor Question
Question Question Question
gr3gg3r
I watched the first few reality shows that came here to the US, but then it started to become ridiculous. What survivor are we on?... like number 8? Come on, its getting way out of hand. Almost every station has their own type of reality show.

I can't wait until this reality era is over and we move onto something else. I mean I don't mind a few reality shows every once in a while, but this is just ridiculous.

I don't watch much TV anymore, but when I do I only watch tv series, not the reality shows.
otiscom
A total waste of time!
Modern TV is bad enough without them, but with them ....................... utter rubbish.
Guyon
My favorite shows are Survivor, and American Idol!

Survivor shows you how much skills you have and how well you can relate to other people

American Idol.......................................i don't know....You can sing and someday I want to be on it.....lol It rocks! I like Simon and Paula....Randy STINKS!