FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

thoughts - So you think you can dance

schumway
I could not believe yet another reality show... but one about dancing?

ok...

although they do get 100K and a new car and a year contract dancing...
never would have though...

and some of the folks trying out? Oh my goodness.

the one brit judge is hard to take... he is not only rude but he attacks the person personally... esp if they are overweight... down right mean.
rip8fan1
I watched part of one show. They 'dancers' are very good, but it is more acrobatics than dancing to me.

The female judge was very annoying with her 'laugh'. I could not stand her.

I won't be watching anymore!
oversizedsunglasses
I love this show but some of the auditioners were just plain wierd... and sometimes I have to look away like when that guy slammed his head on the groud, that look so bad..

But Nigel, the british one, seems nice but a bit feels better than the others cause he is the producer and feels he can be mean to them, but he is also trying to portray more of a simon through the success of him in american idol... so yeah, thats what I think..

Some of the dancers are very very good though--- its fun to watch them. Exclamation
sunrise
yeah, all these talent show type judges try to make themselves unique by displaying a Simon Cowell-like personality, but this guy is just plain stupid. I caught one show in its entirety and he kept saying that he was the 'executive producer' and would overrule everybody. The show itself is put in a very raggedy way, it's not organized (the format is consistent) like the other singing show on fox.
Skouris
This show, like American Idol for me is only interesting during the audition stage, especially when someone is really bad and then are upset and surprised when they don't get to got through.
schumway
rip8

I agree, that one female judge is hard to take LOL

the brit guy is a bit of a pompus ____ and is very critical about appearances (ie weight and flesh colour). he is the one thing that really makes me want to shut the show off.
sonnyboy
I don't care too much for the female judge either. Her laugh and comments are annoying. Actually, I think all the judges generally suck. The dancers are fine though, and the choreographers as well. Some of the routines are fairly entertaining, and it even gave me a greater appreciation for the other styles, like contemporary and lyrical.
schumway
wow hard to believe they sold out 35 shows before they even started the tour.

major money made off this thing... even the 17million phone calls... thats a ton of cash right there... never mind the royalties, the agent contracts, the shows....

just crazy.

nice to see that "joe blow' has a chance thought... vs the old days where you had to know someone to get anywhere... now if you can get to the location and you really can perform (danse or sing) you have a chance... that is really neat to see someone off the street have a chance
zanzou
Oh, I am so reviving a dead thread. Whoo~

Anyway. I'm absolutely in love with Wade Robson this year, and am really looking forward to seeing more from him. :D

I love Hok, and love that he got through... though his partner still seems super annoying to me. :/ The show seems to be going a lot like it did last year on the 'people' front, except with no Benji, who I knew could win in the auditions.

Speaking of Benji-- anyone with thoughts on his win? I think it's awesome, though if Travis had won he probably would have taken the "New Day" contract.
jwellsy
I hate those dancing shows.
I can not stand techno, hip hop, breaking, rap or krumping.
Glorifying a ghetto lifestyle as somehow noble and normal
is all part of the dumbing down of a civilization,
it feeds the herd mentality and makes them much more predictable.
zanzou
jwellsy wrote:
I hate those dancing shows.
I can not stand techno, hip hop, breaking, rap or krumping.
Glorifying a ghetto lifestyle as somehow noble and normal
is all part of the dumbing down of a civilization,
it feeds the herd mentality and makes them much more predictable.

Krumping isn't a musical style.

And dancing in an urban style doesn't glorify a "ghetto" lifestyle... unless you're saying the music does that.

Dancing in any genre takes a lot of skill-- dancing in many genres takes even more. I think it's great that dancers, who so rarely get any mainstream attention, get to put their talents out there. :)