FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Help Me Out With A Strange Page Phenomenon!

Yazz
I have absolutely no clue as to why my page does this.

http://yazzeh.frih.net/aboutsite.html

This page, and another (more time to load, there's 81 150px by 200px pictures on it)

http://yazzeh.frih.net/aboutfriends.html

The problem is that when the page loads, the text at the top either kind of flickers and then dissapears, or doesnt show up at all. Like, it's there, but you have to select it to see it, or scroll down and scroll back up to kind of 'wipe' it into view. So far, I'm only aware of this happening in Internet Explorer.

Please help!

Oh, and by the by, I will be changing the About Friends page so there isn't 81 pictures on it. And the fact that there's so much content on the page doesn't have anything to do with the text acting weird (as far as I know).
Stubru Freak
AFAIK this can only be an IE bug. You should report it to Microsoft.
AftershockVibe
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>
function Go(){return}
</script>

Try removing this. It looks very odd and never seems to be used.
Yazz
AftershockVibe wrote:
Code:
function Go(){return}
</script>

That's for the menu script. I'm not too clear on what it does either, but its on every single page, so it can't be the problem, as all my other pages are fine.

I'll try removing it anyways.

btw Stubru Freak, in binary, 11 means 3. The first 1 on the right represents a one, and the second 1 represents a 2.

Just thought I'd mention that <.<
Stubru Freak
Yazz wrote:
AftershockVibe wrote:
Code:
function Go(){return}
</script>

That's for the menu script. I'm not too clear on what it does either, but its on every single page, so it can't be the problem, as all my other pages are fine.

I'll try removing it anyways.

btw Stubru Freak, in binary, 11 means 3. The first 1 on the right represents a one, and the second 1 represents a 2.

Just thought I'd mention that <.<

Read the small letters, 11 is actually right.
Yazz
Haha, I get it now.

Yeah... >.> But my problem?

Anyways. Removing the javascript tidbit did nothing. Any other ideas besides it being a microsoft screwup?
Rhysige
Well my conclusion is non code based since I never got to the code.. either you got a hacker or a sick mind.. seriously that text is whacked...
Yazz
Lawl @ Hacker.

We can just blame everything on hackers now, can't we >.>
Stubru Freak
If you want to find out, probably the best thing you could do is delete as much as possible from the page while the problem stays there. The moment you can't remove anything else or it'll be fixed, you should have a good idea of what's going on.
Yazz
I thought of that too, but then I forgot it... I pretty much deleted everything that would make the page's coding any different than my other pages, but it didn't work. I'll try again...
rohan2kool
any specfic browsers this happens with??
Yazz
Yazz wrote:
So far, I'm only aware of this happening in Internet Explorer.

Yeah. I don't use many browsers. Just Firefox, Internet Explorer and occasionally Netscape just to be sure.
Yazz
Fixed it. Thanks for the help.

The problem was the link anchor. Don't know why, but it was unneccisary anyways.