FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Question about server 1 and server 2

NjRocket
Hey guys, i recently got accepted to frihost hosting and i guess i was put onto server two because server 1 is full as expected, makes sense to me. Heres the question i have though. I heard that on server 1, which i guess uses cpanelx, gets to choose between 3 different stats, the one im referring to mainly is awstats which is really good. I'm just wondering why server 1 has cpanel while server 2 has directadmin. Not complaining, just curious. Was it cheaper or something to go with directadmin? Just curious, let me know.
Blaster
I dont' know the whole reason why. But i do know that DirectAdmin is more then cPanel. And if you really want stats just get your own. www.statcounter.com is a good one. They are the one i use. And yes you are on Server 2 Very Happy
n0obie4life
Directadmin is more stable.
Less bugs.
Cheaper.
Simplier.
Less System Intensive

Fantastico is very easy to use but it has a lot of disadvantages. People are installing all available software, just for trying it out. They then forget to remove them. So then it occupies a lot of disk space and generates a lot of cpu-usage, certainly when someone makes a backup of 200MB Laughing.
Blaster
I actually thought DA was more then cPanel. I was looking at prices one time and i could have swore DA was more. Oh well i was wrong. And yes I have used both DA and cPanel. DA looks so much nicer.

cPanel demo
http://demo.cpanel.net:2082/frontend/x2/index.html

DA demo
http://www.directadmin.com:2222/
Username demo_user
password demo

So i think DA looks even nicer and is easier to opperate.
Bondings
The stats will be working on server 2, it's just a matter of time (finding a way to fix them). On server 1 only 1 type of stats are enabled, awstats.
Blaster
So are there other stats on server 2? If there are can you enable them or something. This may solve the problems maybe or at least give people an alteritive.

But if you are worried about wanting stats just go to www.statcounter.com like i said in my earlier posts. It has things others don't like where people came from.
James007
Moved to "Web Hosting Support".