FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Boogiepop Phantom appreciation

Octaeder
Ok, I can't see any Boogiepop Phantom threads so here goes...

Anyone else love this series. I now must have seen it 3 or 4 times and can learn something new about the plot every single time.

The charactirisation is spot on and despite how confusing it can be it's worth the effort of trying to figure it out.

Saw "Boogiepop and Others" the live action movie a while back, that helps unlock parts of the story... even if the special effects are god awful.
eku53ru
I wouldn't exactly say that I love Boogiepop, but I can definitely say that I'm a fan of it. =P I first found out about it after watching Lain, and heard it that the series was in the same realm of weirdness. The first volume I bought of the anime had been volume three, and it wasn't until later that I was able to acquire the Ultimate Edition boxset.

To this day, I'm sad to say that I've only watched the series an accumulated total of two times; I haven't seen the live-action (I want to, though), but I have read the first novel. The anime didn't do a good job explaining the backstory (and, well, I definitely was confused and am still trying to figure out everything that's going on), and to be honest I didn't realize that Boogiepop was actually malelike in description until I read the book. I knew there was some sort of a split personality going on, but I didn't know it involved something like that. XD