FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

database problem

SilverDogg
im having a bit of problem with mysql. i had another host up until now (they are closing down) and i made a backup of everything on that page (from cpanel) and even did a backup of the database. now i have uploaded it but it doesnt seem to work. i have changed some info in config.php so that it will work properly, but it still doesnt. does anyone know how i can fix this without having to do a new database?
mathiaus
whats the problem exactly? The backup isnt making your database, the tables are messed up, your unable to connect to the database or something else? Rolling Eyes
SilverDogg
well when i try going into my page its supposed to open up the blog (its a blog) but only the design appears, and the text "Error while trying to connect to the database!". im guessing that its something i have to change, but where?
mirzapirza
I guess you should start by getting your blog to show you a somewhat more detailed error message. Maybe it logs errors somewhere? Maybe you can find the code where it connects and override the friendly error msg?
SilverDogg
we fixed it finally =). we just had to change some names here and there and tada, its up and running again ^_^.

this thread can now be locked and thrown into the darkest part of the closet.