FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

SOFTWARE OR MANUAL

Do you use software (wizard) for Scripting or you do it manually.
I use software, dreamweaver.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
I use software, Golive
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I use software, frontpage
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
I use software, Other
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
I do it manually. (editing text)
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

hellrahul
Do you use software like dreamweaver, golive, inetrdev for scripting or you do it manually.
mathiaus
manually in dreamweaver. Using the wysiwyg, it adds far to mutch rubbish for my liking. When I go to change things later as well, it helps if i know how it was coded which i why I like to do it. Laughing
simplyw00x
Quote:
Using the wysiwyg, it adds far to mutch rubbish for my liking.

Using any WYSIWYG adds too much rubbish, in any language. It's PHPdesigner all the way for me (syntax highlighting and such). Basically, if you can't see the code, forget it.
Highwayman
Yeah, I can't stand the crap WYSIWYG editors add to a simple script. And after tey've created it it takes so long to decipher it so you can modify it that you might as well have written the script from scratch.

So unless a WYSIWYG editor can do exactly what I need and I'm pushed for time I don't use them.
leeleez
i use both notepad and frontpage
notepad is when i need to update it quickly
frontpage to change layouts...
Alienz
I using software for scripting.
I did used notepad for simpe editing.
snowboardalliance
I use programs to manually code

like notepad++, htmlkit, and php designer 2005

They give you the control you need plus come with short cuts to do things faster. And the syntax highlighting is excellent.
frozenhead
Uhm.. I use Dreamweaver for both manual and designing..

casted my vote: dreamweaver / manual...

EditPlus is a very nice editor with syntax highlighting and integrated FTP for remote editing. Limited regex support (probably use editpad instead).
Grimboy
I prototype my site visually in dreamweaver then start a fresh document and code away in dreamweaver. I can't live without the features sutch as ftp intergration, hgihlighting, code suggestion, etc... The one part of it that annoys me about it is it doesn't prioritise it's code right. If you add some php tags inside a javascript then it doesn't highlight event though it will obviously get parsed by the server before the javascript happens on the client machine. Apart from that I love it like I love all Macromedia products (I am corparate scum Razz)(Well apart from Coldfusion. I don't suppose Fireworks was particularly great but the adobe merger may see some sort of change there.).