FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Joey - How is he doin'?

colilon
I really want to see the rest of Joey's second season, but I heard it won't air in the US only in norway...

Is it true?
Am I going to be left hung up like that?
How sad... Let just hope the DVD will include the missing eps.
dray101
That sucks (if its true)

I quite like the show and some of my friends are obsessed! (that and Friends, the show Wink )

I live in NZ and the shows quite popular.
jeremoi
I found the show stupid, but I think its funny that it is only airing in Norway. I couldn't find anything on it but I found out that a DVD of season 2 will be out sometime this year.
oversizedsunglasses
Joey is a good show, but it is definatly not as good as friends-- and I think I heard that too, but I definatly prefer friends over Joey...... Shocked
sunrise
I heard it was going to be pulled by NBC due to a lack of ratings. It was never that big of a hit and perhaps even a dud compared to Friends.
Insanity
Friends is definately better in my opinion. I think they're just trying to milk the Friends thing for all the money its worth with these stupid spin offs. Joey was one of my favorite characters on the show, though.
Mr. McCoy
I love Joey Very Happy But he was best in the "Friends" series
shinnoyami
I knew this was going to happen a few shows into the first season, got bored with it.. i kept thinking that they were just trying to be like Friends. but they didn't pull it off, so now it's getting cancelled.
kiranaghor
Oops i did not even know there is any such show called Joey. I luv Joey from Friends.
jmudreamscape
Hard for spinoffs to do well, especially because Friends was such a mega part of the TV landscape for so long. I never bothered to watch Joey because what made him good was his surrounding cast while he was on Friends.
cheh
they broadcasted season 1 of Joey last yea here too (Slovenia). i must say i was pretty dissapointed with the show, most jokes were really predictable and not even that funny Sad

on a different note; i dled all 10 seasons of Friends last month (took me forever), and i'm watching some old episodes now, enjoying the classics Very Happy
shinnoyami
jmudreamscape wrote:
Hard for spinoffs to do well, especially because Friends was such a mega part of the TV landscape for so long. I never bothered to watch Joey because what made him good was his surrounding cast while he was on Friends.

some spinnoffs have lasted pretty long though like frasier; a spinoff of cheers.
jmudreamscape
shinnoyami wrote:
jmudreamscape wrote:

some spinnoffs have lasted pretty long though like frasier; a spinoff of cheers.

True, but as always, there is an exception to prove the rule. See "That 80's Show."
MirekB
colilon wrote:
I really want to see the rest of Joey's second season, but I heard it won't air in the US only in norway...

Is it true?
Am I going to be left hung up like that?
How sad... Let just hope the DVD will include the missing eps.

I've heard that second season would be the last. Is that true?
Nigeria
The show really didn't stand up to the success of "Friends" that's way they arent showing it anymore.I believe they could have picked a better person for a spin-off anyway.
disidro
I so wanted to like "Joey", but the first episodes I saw were really disappointing, as cheh said. Matt Le Blanc is a great comedy actor, as he's proved so in "Friends", so he deserves a better show!!! Sorry it's been cancelled, though.
OldmanJ
Funny... one of the first random thoughts I had this morning was wondering what ol Tribiani was up to... I guess that half arsed spin-off didn't cut it eh? Yeah, it was obviously absolute trash. I doubt we'll ever see another great sitcom again... and I'm actually relieved.

Stick to shows like:
Weeds
Trailer Park Boys
Curb your Enthusiasm
MirekB
disidro wrote:
I so wanted to like "Joey", but the first episodes I saw were really disappointing, as cheh said. Matt Le Blanc is a great comedy actor, as he's proved so in "Friends", so he deserves a better show!!! Sorry it's been cancelled, though.

In my opinion the first episode was quite good. But next was based on the same scheme - nothing new never happened.
Great advantage of "Friends" was that there was 6 great character. In Joey there is only one.
Jayfarer
It's really...not a good show. In fact, a lot of sitcoms just seem to be falling flat. I think the age of the sitcom is dead, and we're moving on to more hour long, laugh-track less comedies like Scrubs and Arrested Development.