FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Getting rid of extension (.htm, .html, .shtml, etc.)

dwcnps
I want to be able to get rid of HTML extensions so I can do someting like "www.dwcnps.frih.net/articles/meet_the_doctor.htm" Instead of "www.dwcnps.frih.net/meet_the_doctor.htm" or "www.dwcnps.frih.net/artgallery/" Instead of "www.dwcnps.frih.net/artgallery.htm".

Help Please!!!

Thankyou...
Blaster
I dont' think you need that. Like if you go to www.blaster.frih.net/crashed_comp it should work. The actuall page is www.blaster.frih.net/crashed_comp.htm both should work. So i dont' know why that is happening if it is.
TeenZine
Blaster wrote:
I dont' think you need that. Like if you go to www.blaster.frih.net/crashed_comp it should work. The actuall page is www.blaster.frih.net/crashed_comp.htm both should work. So i dont' know why that is happening if it is.
I think it has to be .htm if you want it to be like google.com/tkeeafd instead of .html
Bondings
It depends on what exactly you want. Technically almost anything is possible. You can do it with mod_rewrite or just rename the files.
Daniel15
Quote:
"www.dwcnps.frih.net/artgallery/" Instead of "www.dwcnps.frih.net/artgallery.htm".

Then just make a folder called 'artgallery', and put the HTML file in there. Name the file 'index.htm'... Problem solved Smile. This also makes it easy to organise your files, just put all the 'Art Gallery'-related files into the artgallery folder Wink

Quote:
www.blaster.frih.net/crashed_comp

Neutral