FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

my guestbook

bnbrown
Hey folks! Have you seen such that Firefox sends and shows the entries but IE!!!??? http://lookingdoor.zsoltar.hu/en/guestbook.php
aningbo
works fine with me and sorry i haven't got IE installed and i couldn't check on your site using IE.
bnbrown
Yeah works fine with firefox. You can evem look into the source code here: http://lookingdoor.zsoltar.hu/en/blog.phps
aningbo
thats cool though some files are missing anyway why dont you put up some extra features like bbcodes and smileys. just a suggestion.

i'm really in the mood to update my website but haven't got much time. lolz
bnbrown
Thanks for suggestion aningbo, I'll think about that. Folks still looking for solution for IE problem!
bnbrown
I found where the problem lays. If I change this:
Code:
type="image" src="send.jpg"
to
Code:
type="submit"
in the last input then it also sends the entered data in IE. The problem is that I still want to use my awesome image to send : ) - could any one help on this issue? Laughing
Ducksteina
bnbrown wrote:
I found where the problem lays. If I change this:
Code:
type="image" src="send.jpg"
to
Code:
type="submit"
in the last input then it also sends the entered data in IE. The problem is that I still want to use my awesome image to send : ) - could any one help on this issue? Laughing

I have an idea:
Use an invisible table. Into it, you put the send button, but also a background image for the table, so it looks like if you were clicking on the image, but you are actually clicking at the send button!
bnbrown
It is very close to the answer I got from another site. In addition I have to use
Code:
<input type="hidden" name="send" value="submit">

That's that. Quite simple and it works fine.

Thanks though!
bnbrown
rajhank
hey brown, i am also searching for a guestbook, can i use urs will you install it for me.I need the guestbook for my website

www.msdhoni.in

Plz PM me with details.
bnbrown
rajhank wrote:
hey brown, i am also searching for a guestbook, can i use urs will you install it for me.I need the guestbook for my website

www.msdhoni.in

Plz PM me with details.

Supposing you do php this is the source: http://lookingdoor.net/en/guestbook.phps

Save it because I will delete it from the server!

Let me know if you need further assistance.
rajhank
hey i wasn't there for three-four days, so i didn't download the file, can u give me it again, i will download it.Or send me an attachment.
bnbrown
it's still there.

You have to set your opendb.inc file according to your server.
harry4265
Works absoloutely great!
bnbrown
: )