FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

- CONTEST ENDED BECAUSE OF CHEATERS -

LukeakaDanish
CONTEST CLOSED BECAUSE OF CHEATERS
Blaster
I am in. But at random times it goes back to the login screen. Can you maybe fix this first?
LukeakaDanish
Blaster wrote:
I am in. But at random times it goes back to the login screen. Can you maybe fix this first?

Oops...thats when you loose...i forgot to add the delay...sry...will fix in the next 2 minutes
LukeakaDanish
I think i have fixed it now. if anyone experiences this problem please tell me
billybob
I think that problem with it returning to the login is still accuring but still good game and im top Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
billybob wrote:
I think that problem with it returning to the login is still accuring but still good game and im top Very Happy

Its meant to return to login screen when you get a highscore - otherwise it wouldnt know what the highscore was.

If you like it (and people like this contest in general) im gonna do a similar TETRIS contest...

Thanks for playing!
Blaster
I would love to play tetris. There is more of a skill in that. This is more luck then anything. Its still fun though. My problem was now fixed. Thanks again.

And also who is winning so far? what is the high score?
billybob
Blaster wrote:
I would love to play tetris. There is more of a skill in that. This is more luck then anything. Its still fun though. My problem was now fixed. Thanks again.

And also who is winning so far? what is the high score?

you can check the hi scores in the at the top corner of the shout box and I am back to no1 Very Happy
Blaster
Thanks billybob. That worked. Wow you are winning. Good job. Wish i could. That is so hard to beat the computer. Still addicting though. Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
Blaster wrote:
I would love to play tetris.

Ok...i am working on the script, but of course its about 100 times more complicated than rock-scissors-paper, so i might be a couple of weeks before i have a bug-free version for you people to play.

*nods approvingly at billybob for being awsome at Rock-Scissors-Paper*

Very Happy
billybob
LukeakaDanish wrote:

*nods approvingly at billybob for being awsome at Rock-Scissors-Paper*

Very Happy

well you know! I have trained verry hard over they years Razz
Assiez
wow that's pretty nice, all javascript?
LukeakaDanish
Assiez wrote:
wow that's pretty nice, all javascript?

Thanks...Yea...and php of couse...

graphics work done in the GIMP btw.
Loghete
This is hard.. I don't get any higher than 7..
LukeakaDanish
Loghete wrote:
This is hard.. I don't get any higher than 7..

I think Billybob must've played it for many hours yesterday Very Happy

Anyway - keep trying...if you play 500 times you should theoretically have a god chance of getting 10
billybob
LukeakaDanish wrote:

I think Billybob must've played it for many hours yesterday Very Happy

erm Embarassed I was abit bored Razz
Blaster
I played for maybe a good hour yesterday. I didn't get nowhere. 5 was my max. I suck at it. Sad
billybob
I might just be a bad looser but this carnt be right can it?

Quote:
Assiez - 20

20 cannot be possible Shocked
Assiez
billybob wrote:

Quote:
Assiez - 20

20 cannot be possible Shocked

I'm just super special Very Happy

LukeakaDanish check your pms. I'm sorry for its length, but meh.
TeenZine
It keeps the same pattern which is godo if i play more then one game i would always win. Make a random script
Assiez
TeenZine wrote:
It keeps the same pattern which is godo if i play more then one game i would always win. Make a random script

Teenzine, you don't know what you're talking about. Luke uses the following code for the cpu to choose

Code:

function cpuChoose() {
   symbolNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 3);
   symbol = symbols[symbolNum];
   return symbol;   
}

Which basically means that he has the random script that you just told him to use.
LukeakaDanish
@TeenZine - STFU...that comment is SO typical of the way you behave on these forums - you REALLY have to learn that you arent THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND TALENTED PERSON ON FRIHOST. thankyou.

@everyone else:

Ok...azziez foind an exploit. When i made the game i was pretty certain that there would be LOADS...however i was relying on people behaving like "gentlemen" and not trying to cheat. Azziez has made me aware of the exploit he has found and i will try to fix it.

I will remove his scores from the highscore list, and i ask SINCERELY that nobody else tries to force their way past the game. - just the same way that i dont go around bruteforcing passwords to other peoples profiles "just for a laugh"...I KNOW CHEATING IS POSSIBLE, and possibly also very easy to do.

Billybob is number one again

Sincerely

Luke
Assiez
yep, when I saw it I had to test it. Frankly I didn't think that such a simple thing would work, well apparently it did. However, your last post seems to imply that my discovery of the exploit was horribly unethical etc. Now I would like to remind you that I brought this bug to your attention, instead of explaining the error and helping you fix it, it would have actually been easier for me to just click 11 times and wait for 100$. Instead I did the right thing. The 20 clicks was a test that it would work, the other score ( 8 ) I got from just playing the game.

Quote:
Azziez has made me aware of the exploit he has found and i will try to fix it.

hopefully we'll get something working soon.

and yes, Luke's correct in saying that it's a very simple thing to do. Guess this is what happens when I get bored for like 10 minutes and there's frih$ at stake.

EDIT: Just looked at the problem again and I think I have something that would work in preventing it in the future. Check your pm Luke.

EDIT2: Also, I just realized that your game depends on javascript. I would recommend the following line at the very top just to warn people that the game wouldn't work if javascript isn't enabled.

Code:
<noscript>Warning: This site needs javascript to function correctly</noscript>
LukeakaDanish
Ok...the exploit has been fixed and i learnt some more useful php - thanks assiez (50frih$ donated)

EDIT: No worries - there are still 100frih$ for the leader on the third july

I also added the noscript - dunno why i didnt add that tag when i wrote the game - mustve slipped my mind

Sincerely

Luke
Animal
You've broken the game!

I've tried another few times, getting scores of about 7 (I think) but when I lose, I get a pop-up that says
Your site wrote:
Access Denied

I would have been on the high-score board again... but I'm not! Crying or Very sad
LukeakaDanish
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

SRY!!!...i should have done testing!!!

I will fix it now and add your score, animal.

Luke

EDIT: I think i have fixed it

@assiez: i changed the "||" to "&&" inyour conditional...because we want the referer to be neither of the two versions of the address...not just "not one of them"
TeenZine
LukeakaDanish wrote:
@TeenZine - STFU...that comment is SO typical of the way you behave on these forums - you REALLY have to learn that you arent THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND TALENTED PERSON ON FRIHOST. thankyou.

Obivease more intelligent then you if I can progam it to be random.
Animal
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I will fix it now and add your score, animal.

Don't worry about it! I don't actually know what I got anyway - I wasn't paying enough attention.

LukeakaDanish wrote:
EDIT: I think i have fixed it

I'm still getting "Access Denied"

---------------------------------------

TeenZine wrote:
Obivease more intelligent then you if I can progam it to be random.

LukeakaDanish wrote:
@TeenZine - STFU...that comment is SO typical of the way you behave on these forums

Could I interest either of you in an official warning? Please stop spamming / flaming / degrading / insulting on the public boards. Go and read the rules, and if you have something to say to each other, why not send PMs so we all don't have to listen to you fighting???

Sorry to hijack this bit of the thread, but please stop it now.
LukeakaDanish
Sorry about the half-flame to TeenZine and to the rest of you - sorry i didnt follow the rules...Sad...I just wish people like TeenZine would be more respectful towards other members...Sad

I dunno why the submit thing isnt working - im gonna try to fix it again Sad

EDIT: I have removed the fix for the exploit for now...so the game is working...im gonna try to find the solution to the exploit in an other enviroment Sad

EDIT 2: I think i have solved it now - further testing will reveal this however im thinking it will work now Very Happy

@TeenZine...IT IS RANDOM! (and always was)
dwcnps
Hey, I'm in, easy way (or not) to win frih$.

[Pretend this is a new post]

That was not that easy but I managed to get past animal Mr. Green .
Scorpio
Ummm...Luke

If it is OK with you I would like to throw in 25 Frih$ into the pot

So whoever wins gets 125frih$ or perhaps you can have 2 prizes and stuff

You decide

If you are willing to accept this, then tell me when the contest is over and I will donate 25 Frih$ to the winner.

No conditions, I too have quite some frih$ and want to spend it

I thought this would be useful since I have no creativity to start new contests
Vocael
Omfg, i suck at it lol. I can't get any further then 6 >Sad
billybob
Just checked back and I see I'm still number 1 Cool
But what would happen if someone got the same score as me but did'nt actually beat it, would we be joint winners or would I win as I got the score first and still be first on the score board? not like im botherd or anything Twisted Evil
LukeakaDanish
billybob wrote:
Just checked back and I see I'm still number 1 Cool
But what would happen if someone got the same score as me but did'nt actually beat it, would we be joint winners or would I win as I got the score first and still be first on the score board? not like im botherd or anything Twisted Evil

The first person to get a score is the person who will hold the record
Scorpio
Since my request has not been acceded to, I will withdraw it as of now
LukeakaDanish
scorpio wrote:
Since my request has not been acceded to, I will withdraw it as of now

I overlooked your post - i think its a good idea - this also encourages me to make more games for the frihost comunity! - i have a couple on the way ATM...
Scorpio
I ve offered 50Frih$ to dwcnps for the best frihoster contest

If he accepts then I cant give any here
alkady
I think there is a problem with your game, On one game for 8 round the computer would play the same thing as me, But other than that, Alkady has cemented his place on the Top 10 for some time as No. 6.
squirrelmaster
this game is hard, took me a while but after 45 minutes, i got 8 in-a-row!! YEAH ^^

yeah alkady it seems that 2/3 of the time the round was a draw
it's like the computer has ESP or something Rolling Eyes

but really it's random, if you can get 10 wins in a row
you could also get 10 draws or losses in a row, don't ya think?? Think
LukeakaDanish
I designed and wrote the entire code for this game myself and I CAN ASSURE YOU that its COMPLETELY random!
billybob
LukeakaDanish wrote:
I designed and wrote the entire code for this game myself and I CAN ASSURE YOU that its COMPLETELY random!

Yeah I played that game for ages one night and Im SURE that is is compleatly random!

BTW your ads dont show correcly at the bottom they ask me to enter what ads i would like to se, is this meant to be like that?
squirrelmaster
Yeah I agree,
i figured out the only thing that isn't random was the human choices!!

BTW- I always say rock-paper-scissors, not rock-scissors-paper;guess i'm the weird guy again
LukeakaDanish
billybob wrote:

BTW your ads dont show correcly at the bottom they ask me to enter what ads i would like to se, is this meant to be like that?

I know - i dunno why they arent working propperly...i think i might look into it pretty soon...

Thanks for notifying me btw - i wasnt sure whether everybody else saw them correctly...Very Happy
Bengt
nice game mate Smile
mistuh griddlez
What's weird is on my first try i got 10 and now i'm #1. Just wondering are there prizes for everyone on the highscore list? (i'm asking this because i know billybob will beat me and then i won't be first anymore)
LukeakaDanish
No, there's only a prize for the no. 1 - the rest of the list is only there to make the game more interesting and to give people who arent in pos. no. 1 a feeling that they are achieving something Very Happy

@ mistuh griddlez: OMG you are imposibly lucky Very Happy - 10 times in a row should take approx. 1024 attempts to get Shocked
nhuabo
LukeakaDanish wrote:
Hello fellow frihosters!

Because i have way more frih$ than i could ever possibly use, i hereby invite you to win 100 of them!

I have made a "rock-scissors-paper" game for frihosters, and in one month (3rd of July) i will donate 100frih$ to the person who holds the highscore.

Its absolutely free to play, and one game doesnt take more than ten seconds.

PLAY IT HERE

If you have any comments or questions, feel free to ask them in this forum.

Sincerely

LukeakaDanish

EDIT: This game is still in "BETA" meaning im not sure whether it will work in every browser, and im not sure whether there are any problems in the game which make it useless / buggy. Please post here if you find anything confusing! - it might be a mistake...

It is a great game,I will play it in future!
billybob
mistuh griddlez wrote:
What's weird is on my first try i got 10 and now i'm #1. Just wondering are there prizes for everyone on the highscore list? (i'm asking this because i know billybob will beat me and then i won't be first anymore)

Shocked
oversizedsunglasses
Wow this game is really fun Very Happy
LukeakaDanish
oversizedsunglasses wrote:
Wow this game is really fun Very Happy

Thanks. I've had so much posetive feedback that i am working on more simple, quick, frihost games. - i am doing my exams this week but look out for new games in the contest forum in a couple of weeks... Very Happy
ninjakannon
I typed in the following into the shoutbox on your game:
Quote:
I've almost taken everyone's places, dwcnps. Mwuhahahaha! I will win... hehe

It came out as:
Quote:
I\'ve almost taken everyone\'s places, dwcnps. Mwuhahahaha! I will win... hehe

PHP adds a backslash before certain characters (', ", \ and maybe more, I don't know). You need to make sure it doesnt show this in the shout box.

I suggest searching the string you have used to store the message for '/, "/ and \\ and then replacing these with the original character. This would work, but don't use it in any case where people are likely to type those character combinations ('/, "/ and \\). In this case people are not.

Great game though!

I'm gonna win that 100 frih$ Wink
ninjakannon
LukeakaDanish wrote:
No, there's only a prize for the no. 1 - the rest of the list is only there to make the game more interesting and to give people who arent in pos. no. 1 a feeling that they are achieving something Very Happy

@ mistuh griddlez: OMG you are imposibly lucky Very Happy - 10 times in a row should take approx. 1024 attempts to get Shocked

What about 16, LukeakaDanish? Heh heh I think I must have hit the roof on sadness ratting Confused But I wanna win Wink

How'd you work that out anyway?
LukeakaDanish
One in 65536!!!!!!!

thats two to the power of 16

basically there is always 33%chance for a win, 33% chance for a draw and 33% chance for a loose.

a draw means another round with the same statistics, so they have no significance

50%win 50% draw --> one in two

two * two * two...(16 times) = 65536

Now either you are EXTREMELY lucky or you have found an exploit / cheat.

If you have found a cheat/exploit, i will pay you 200 frih$ if you tell me what you did to cheat and/or how to fix it.

If you didnt cheat --> OMG you should be a pro gambler...Very Happy

Did you bot the game?

Luke
mathiaus
I found an exploit or two Smile
Of course my recorded scores were created that way so I dont claim any prize money, awards etc (apart from my $200 for finding them).

PM'd what I did to you and although I can't really help with how to resolve it, I made a suggestion which would solve it Confused

Hope someone can help to colse these exlploits to make the game more fun Smile
LukeakaDanish
OK...apparently it seams that it is impossible to make games in javascript because its imposible to make a game which cant be exploited by litterally anyone.

The contest has been closed - i will be donating 100frih$ to billybob as im sure he didnt cheat.

Maybe, one day, i will bother learning javascript, but until then there wil be no games...Sad

hf

Luke
billybob
thanks for the 100fri, Its a great game its ashame people had to spoil it by cheating. I dont think you should stop making games just next time dont bother with the highscore then there will be no point in cheating! just an idea
thanks
ryan
ninjakannon
Hi,

I played for a while and managed to get two 12s. Then I got bored Confused

I decided to try and cheat, but couldn't. I duno how mathiaus did it as I could edit the code in frontPage but this would have no effect on the actual highscores as I could not run the php file to add to the highscores without it saying "Access Denied".

So I decided to have another go and yes, I was "EXTREMELY lucky". I got 16 almost imediatly Very Happy hehe. Then 14 very soon after. After the 14 I carried on for about half an hour and then got bored again Wink

Regards,

(ps. How did you do cheat, mathiaus? I'd like to know)
mathiaus
Luke's asked this topic be closed as he's no longer running the contest
-close-

P.S. I wont be sharing the exploits or how to find them with anyone either publicly or privately for what are hopefully, obvious reasons Wink