FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

New Security Measure - PIN Number

alkady
A while ago, A frihost member got his Frih$ all stolen and that made me wonder recently, Perhaps this can happen to many of us. So I was thinking maybe a PIN number can be added as extra security measure when someone is about to donate FRIH$. The owner would be the only one aware of this and even if the password is changed by an intruder, The money will still be safe unless he is willing to dial 9999 possibilities, Proving he has no life at all if he is going to steal a virtual currency.
heady233
alkady wrote:
A while ago, A frihost member got his Frih$ all stolen and that made me wonder recently, Perhaps this can happen to many of us. So I was thinking maybe a PIN number can be added as extra security measure when someone is about to donate FRIH$. The owner would be the only one aware of this and even if the password is changed by an intruder, The money will still be safe unless he is willing to dial 9999 possibilities, Proving he has no life at all if he is going to steal a virtual currency.
That's a good idea, but i don't know how they could do that. They almost always say no to mods.
Animal
alkady wrote:
A while ago, A frihost member got his Frih$ all stolen and that made me wonder recently, Perhaps this can happen to many of us.

The user in question did not have his FRIH$ stolen - records show that the transaction was normal. However, your suggestion is an interesting one. Currently, your FRIH$ transactions are secured by your password - without knowing your password, nobody can steal your FRIH$. If there is a problem, mods and admins can look into transactions and fix them for you, so this shouldn't really be a concern.

However, if you are worried about your FRIH$, why not make your password stronger? You could even use your existing one and put a 4-digit (PIN) number directly after it. This would increase security.

Adding a PIN system would increase the complexity of the forum and would probably not add a significant degree of security - try the tips above. However, if someone can find your password, they're also going to be able to find your PIN. Additionally, it is another thing that users have to remember. It's another thing that users will forget. And it's another thing that the mods and admin will have to fix for them all! Wink

I'm going to -close- this topic for now to prevent certain users starting a fight over the stolen FRIH$ issue. However, other mods or admins may post their own comments about your suggestion. It's my opinion that it won't be implemented, but it's still a good suggestion though! Very Happy