FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

hey i want to sell a domain name

rajhank
hey i want to sell a domain name.Any one interested, if yes plz PM me otherwise tell me where can i sell my domain names.
Scorpio
If this is not against the rules, just post the name of the domain and the registrar here and ask the interested people to PM you ..
Traveller
The usual place for selling domains is http://www.sedo.com, and you should be able to get some good, additional exposure there.

Just be sure (no matter where you advertise a domain for sale) that you not only own the domain already, but that it has actually been used for a real site, or that it is not just parked somewhere to keep someone else from getting it, with the purpose of trying to get big money out of the deal. Otherwise, you would be in violation of the "anti-cybersquatting" laws which clamped down on such predatory practices several years ago when people were trying to extort huge sums from companies with well-known names by registering the companies' names as domain names before the companies did.

Sedo also has a way (not free, of course) to have your domain appraised, where they examine factors such as:
  • Length of the name
  • Relevance to important, major markets
  • Current traffic for the domain

Good luck!
Scorpio
Traveller wrote:
The usual place for selling domains is http://www.sedo.com, and you should be able to get some good, additional exposure there.

Just be sure (no matter where you advertise a domain for sale) that you not only own the domain already, but that it has actually been used for a real site, or that it is not just parked somewhere to keep someone else from getting it, with the purpose of trying to get big money out of the deal. Otherwise, you would be in violation of the "anti-cybersquatting" laws which clamped down on such predatory practices several years ago when people were trying to extort huge sums from companies with well-known names by registering the companies' names as domain names before the companies did.

Sedo also has a way (not free, of course) to have your domain appraised, where they examine factors such as:
  • Length of the name
  • Relevance to important, major markets
  • Current traffic for the domain

Good luck!

I had no idea about the laws as you mentioned above.

Thank you for that

I really was wondering why people are not doing it now a days

But anyway if you register a domain (of some company) and for the purpose of using it, you create a blog there and use it for a month then is the use considered valid?
SoftStag
This link may be of interest to you:

http://www.keytlaw.com/urls/acpa.htm