FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Frontpage Photo Gallery

lurch003
Hi

Been nearly a week now and the website's coming on. (www.charliemoss.co.uk).

I tried adding a Photogallery through Frontpage but it keeps coming up with "403 Forbidden
Forbidden You don't have permission to access /_vti_bin/_vti_aut/author.exe on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

I have absolutely no idea what that means!! I added one the other day and it was fine apart from one thumbnail wouldn't open into a bigger picture.

Any ideas or a better way of doing it?? I have no idea about writing code!!

Thanks
charredii
does it have to be Frontpage? I think there are other php photogallery's you could use, sorry I can't help you with the Frontpage gallery though.
Scorpio
I dont think it is possible to execute .exe files on the server as they are potentially dangerous and may cause exploit security vulnerabilities

If permissions are the only problem try chmoding the file to 777

Otherwise just forget the frontpage gallery, go to www.hotscripts.com and find yourself a good php photogallery

Or else try www.dhtmlgoodies.com
lurch003
I don't have a clue about writing HTML and am getting by with WYSIWYG on Frontpage. The layout's a bit iffy but I'm really pleased with it!!!

So anyhoo, back to the photogallery. It all seems to be working ok with Frontpage now - I reloaded all the pics the long way and had to retype the descriptions twice (I now know NOT to change file names on my pc different to the ones on the server!) and no errors... yet!!

I can hear y'all laughing already, but could someone give me a hinter as to what PHP, CGI, and all these other strange lookings codes mean?!!!

Thanks
Scorpio
Dont worry lurch, there is nothing wrong in not knowing

You can learn more about PHP at www.php.net