FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Online Gaming Clan Site

CivilizeD
Here's a Clan site I made for a clan of Age Of Empires 3.

LINK : http://rushclan.ageclan.net

It uses php nuke platinum, which was a little hassle installing since I only have 50 mb of webspace. So all the phpbb flash arcade games weren't uploaded.

Also the theme you see is one made by me. I used Adobe Photoshop for the graphics and Dreamweaver for the code. Now this is a html auto theme.

HTML auto theme is a module for php nuke that allows u to use a theme scripted in html rather than php.

Took me 1 day to install phpnuke platinum, install html autotheme mod, create and install the actual html autotheme, install premade blocks, (like aoe3 scrolling clan rated block) and make all the forums with permissions.

Let me know what you'll think. Give me tips if you have any.
LukeakaDanish
It looks ok...however:

Points of suggested improvement:

1:
Get rid of all the scrolling text - make it either static or scrollable by the user. The user shouldnt have to sit and wait for the info he/she wants

2:
Make the page load quicker or improve the way it loads.

doctorHTML wrote:
The total number of bytes in images found on your web page is 467.6 KB. The total number of bytes transferred while loading the page is 520.6 KB. This will take approximately 144.6 seconds to load over a 28.8 kbps network connection.

In firefox especially it looks very confusing while it loads and 500kb is ten times more than i would suggest - it takes some time to load. The way it loads might be improved by setting WIDTH and HEIGHT for all your images. Also remember to set ALT tags for your images (you have 212 images without the ALT tag!)

3:
Make the links at the top more easy to read - they look quite unclear ATM

4:

There are errors in your tables and document structure:

Use DRHTML to find and eliminate them. DRHTML also finds a lot of other errors in your code which you should improve - read them yourself!
CivilizeD
Thanx for the info, as you can tell I suck at coding but am nice in photoshop.

So coding is a big area i need to improve so thanx for the tips.
sprinqles
I like the design but the loading took a while. I would have to agree with LukeakaDanish that you have to lessen the scrolling texts. We also have the same problem, I kinda suck at coding too so I just continue to study coding and keep on dropping by at Lissa Explains HTML to see if I missed out on something. Smile
Evolution
when i tried the link it didn't work. Maybe you took it down or something, maybe it'll work later.