You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who do you think will the Stanley Cup Finals?

Who do you think will win the Cup?
Carolina Hurricanes
 14%  [ 1 ]
Edmonton Oilers
 85%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 7

Who do you want to win the Carolina Hurricanes or the Edmonton Oilers? Why?
This may be a little biased because I am a Canadian but Edmonton baby!

My first reason is that all playoffs I have been doubting them. I thought they may win one if that against detroit and they took them out, I then thought Anaheim may be better and they took them out quite easily.

Second reason is leadership and experience. Pronger is by far showing his old mvp and norris form and that goes a long way. Ryan Smith and Peca are playing their hearts out. Roloson is also playing very well. Cam Ward is a rookie and I think eventually experince will take over.

Third reason is physical play. Carolina has played mainly, small fast teams (Montreal, Buffalo and somewhat Ottawa) and have not really been pushed around. Edmonton is a big strong team and if they play physical I think Carolina will be thrown off their game.

Of course Carolina has a great shot and a great team but if Edmonton plays they way they have been they will win. I think Carolina has to adjust their game a bit to win where Edmonton does not. Also, hockey to Edmonton means way more then it does to Carolina, I do not mean the players, I mean the fans and they always have a bit of an influence on the outcomes.

Go Edmonton go!
I hope that Oilers will win the Stanley Cup, because they have D. Roloson - goalie !! His form in Mighty Ducks challenge was incredible and he can help him win the cup, so GO CANADA, and GO OILERS!
fallco wrote:
I hope that Oilers will win the Stanley Cup, because they have D. Roloson - goalie !!

Well Now that Roloson is out Edmonton is done in my opinion. You can not win with a back up who has played no games. Plus the way Carolina came back last night is going to be a big mental advantage
Well, the series is now 3-1 Carolina, and they're heading to Raleigh tonight for the game 5 where the 'Canes can take it.

As much as I would love to have the Oilers win the cup, it's just not going to happen. With the absense of Roloson, I don't think they stand much of a chance. Although, Markkanen was AMAZING in net last game. He has such a lethal glove. That game 4 was one of the best games I have seen all season.

Now, the game 1 where Roloson was injured... If they would have won that game, they would have stood a chance. Since Conklin is still wet behind the ears, I guess, that game went to the 'Canes, and it was all downhill from there.

I will say that the Oilers have been playing some great dumpm and chase hockey. They've been throwing the puck down, chasing it, and getting there first, setting up some nice formations. They have to get on the powerplay more, because they had so many opportunities last game, but they just didn't capitalize on it.

all in all, if the Oilers can win tonight, it should be interesting. Wink
well The oilers did it! going back home I hope they can push it to game seven. It would be anyone's game.

I have counted out the oilers every round and they have suprised me over and over so I am behind them all they way. I think they can do it!
I'm a Canadaian too. Pulling for the Oilers obviously but I think Carolina has a stronger team plus Edmonton's power play was pretty much non existant up until game 5. The injury to Roloson was a hit too. Jussi Markennen seems to be finding a groove though.

Heart is with Edmonton, mind is with Carolina.

Hope heart wins out over mind.

Game 6 Saturday!!!
I'm not a sports fan, but I'm Canadian and love Edmonton, so I'm kind of hoping for the Oilers to win.

This is actually the first time I've even paid attention to them since Gretzky retired, though, so I'm not sure what the odds are.
I like Carolina for their Minnesota players connection, but I like Edmonton because of Rolie the Goalie. It's a tragedy he couldn't finish it off due to the injury, but Edmonton was smart to pluck him off the Wild's roster in a late trade.

This just shows you how good Fernandez of the Wild is as he was able to supplant Roloson as the #1 goalie and was masterful in doing so.

Go Oilers, but most of all, thank you NHL owners and players for passing the new NHL. This hockey is so much better than before and I loved it before.

I feel like I'm stealing something when i watch a game and think, "Am I supposed to enjoy watching this so much?" The new NHL is absolutely awesome!
I think it was nice what the Stanley Cup did for 9/11
Kovalchuk17 wrote:
Who do you want to win the Carolina Hurricanes or the Edmonton Oilers? Why?

Stanley Cup Finals? WHO????
i'm not intersted