FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


HELP on PHP MYSQL : everything MESSED UP





hellrahul
Hi! Very Happy
I am Rahul
Currently I am learning Php and MySql.
Code:
I have a windows XP service pack 2 system. 128 Mb Ram. 500 MHz Processor.


I installed Php5.1 on IIS 5.1.
then I Installed XamppLite.
And then I installed MySql 5. Embarassed

I copied Phpbb2 on the IIS directory ie WWWROOT and when i tried to installed it.It gave an error message that Php in the server is not configured to the choosed database(MySql 4.x,5.x). Mad

I Can't understand What is happening.And HGow to cure it. Crying or Very sad
Help me to solve the problem Plz.plz.plz.
Shocked
mathiaus
A few problems, XAMPP contains Apache, PHP & Mysql already so installing that along with a different server (IIS) and PHP and PHP is going to cause problems.
Also I dont think phpbb works on PHP5 which is one of the reasons that FRIHost hasn't upgraded Wink

I suggest you just use the XAMPP package and remove your seperate PHP IIS & MySQL
hellrahul
Ok I will try that.
But I can't understand The mesage it shows "Php is not configured to MySql DataBase".

If Phpbb2 don't work with php5 then what should i install to run it.
Scorpio
Quote:
If Phpbb2 don't work with php5 then what should i install to run it.


Umm..
Why dont you install PHP4
Simulator
Or you coud just use EasyPHP, its much easier and like all others its free, shouldn't be a hastle
wumingsden
mathiaus wrote:
A few problems, XAMPP contains Apache, PHP & Mysql already so installing that along with a different server (IIS) and PHP and PHP is going to cause problems.
Also I dont think phpbb works on PHP5 which is one of the reasons that FRIHost hasn't upgraded Wink

I suggest you just use the XAMPP package and remove your seperate PHP IIS & MySQL


It does work with php5, or at least it has done for me before, but phpBB doesn't support it.
hellrahul
Simulator wrote:
Or you coud just use EasyPHP, its much easier and like all others its free, shouldn't be a hastle



Thanx I'm Going to try it Now.

Very Happy
Related topics
PHP, MySQL...
ASP +PHP+MySQL Tutorials
what is your php mysql apache installer package
Need some php/mysql dlls
The Basics (php, mysql etc)
What is useful way in this php+mysql problem?
PHP/Mysql - beginner!
A very good PHP MySQL Tutorial
Setup php,mysql and others...
php, mysql and iis5
help,php books
Link PHP/Mysql with Outlook Express
php-mysql source code
portable php+mysql
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Scripting -> Php and MySQL

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.