FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

GRE vs GMAT

Bookface
(I assume that) the GMAT is more difficult, but by how much? has anyone here taken both? can they even be compared?

Is the GMAT just for business administration types?

Has either of these scores ever helped you when applying for a postion (i.e. did you either list them on your resume or drop a mention in an interview)?

Thanks for your feedback!
varun_dodla
it is definitely difficult to find a person who has done both i guess..... Question Exclamation

These tests are purpose specific. I mean a person with intentions towards Master's in a technical field would opt for GRE and one inclined towards business administration would go for GMAT.

I have given my GRE and the only thing they were useful for was applying for MS to US universities.

And as to what I have heard GMAT is tougher compared to GRE....and also doing MS in US is cheaper compared to MBA I guess....(if thats ur goal).
ganesh
gRE: Can be taken in the final year of your undergrad so that you can apply for your MS and enter grad school right after getting done with your undergrad

GMAT: Almost no point in taking it immediately after undergrad since you require some work experience in addition to the GMAT score in order to enter into any good MBA program.