FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Age OF Empires 3

CivilizeD
Does anyone else here play aoe3?

I do and love it so far. It's a multiplayer game for pc. It combines economic and miltary strategies.

It also makes good micromanaging of units a great importance.

And best of all the graphics are great! You can zoom in and out and rotate the camerea.

Has great battle graphics based on early day American maps, units, and weapons.

You control a civilization using settlers to gather resources then spending these resources on units and upgrades.

Attaking you enemies economy, while keeping yours superior, is key.

There are a total of 5 ages, each allowing more improved units and upgrades.

Anyways this game rox Cool
pokethamage
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-34652.html
Search before you post...duh?
raman
I played AOE2: Conquerers online and really enjoyed it but have never got AOE:3 yet. I have heard that it is a pretty good game but has some flaws. I think they have a demo so maybe I should give it a try.
amusic
i can't play this game due to graphic card problem. Crying or Very sad I'm gonna get a new graphic card. Really love this game. Very Happy
coozy
I played age of 2 conquerers last year . i playing age of 3 now.
I think age of 3 better than age of 2. Laughing
CivilizeD
Lol can't believe I missed this topic. I looked for aoe3 in here just shoulda used search page. Owell hope they can merge this in with the other one, thanx but no need for the duh Very Happy
Whong
I haven't played it, but I believe it is good, I have the Age of Empires 2 the age of Kings. I think it is a really good game!

I'm pretty sure that Age of Empires 3 is a good game too! It would be cool to try it!

Age of Empires is the only strategy game I like, well I haven't tried much of any others.

What's new in Age of Empires 3 compared to Age of Empires 2 Question Idea
cghq
sorry guys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but i liked aoe2 more 2 b honest, yeh aoe3 looks a whole lot better and all but i foun aoe2 a whole lot funner Embarassed
Whong
cghq wrote:
sorry guys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but i liked aoe2 more 2 b honest, yeh aoe3 looks a whole lot better and all but i foun aoe2 a whole lot funner Embarassed

You might be right, I don't know because I haven't ever played Age of Empires 3. How much of power does the PC need to run Age of Empires 3?

Just curious, thats all. Laughing I think Age of Empires 1 was fun too, I remember playing it quite a bit when I was small! Laughing Wink

Have a nice day! Wink Idea
Laos
Yeah, its a pretty good game, but it gets annoying in singleplayer when the computers make evil comments at you Laughing
cghq
hehe just a copy n paste from the microsoft site, but it shows what sort of power you need, aoe3 requires much more power than any other aoe game

The following are the minimum requirements for a computer to run Age of Empire III:
Microsoft Windows XP
A computer that has a 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) processor
256 megabytes (MB) of system RAM
A hard disk that has at least 2 gigabytes (GB) of available space
A 32x speed CD drive
A 64 MB video card that supports Hardware Transform and Lighting
An audio card and speakers or headphones
A Microsoft mouse or a compatible pointing device
A 56.6 kilobytes per second (KBps) or faster Internet connection for online play
DirectX 9.0c
Whong
cghq wrote:
hehe just a copy n paste from the microsoft site, but it shows what sort of power you need, aoe3 requires much more power than any other aoe game

The following are the minimum requirements for a computer to run Age of Empire III:
Microsoft Windows XP
A 32x speed CD drive
A 56.6 kilobytes per second (KBps) or faster Internet connection for online play
DirectX 9.0c

Technology is going so fast forwards that if you buy a computer today it will be a better one for less money in a month! Confused Crying or Very sad

It really bugs me that you can't ever seem to find the right computer or the right digital video camera for the right price! Technology is so fast and we just barely keep with it! Idea
l2terminetor
CivilizeD wrote:
Does anyone else here play aoe3?

I do and love it so far. It's a multiplayer game for pc. It combines economic and miltary strategies.

And best of all the graphics are great! You can zoom in and out and rotate the camerea.

You control a civilization using settlers to gather resources then spending these resources on units and upgrades.

There are a total of 5 ages, each allowing more improved units and upgrades.

Anyways this game rox Cool

aoe3 is the best game
maly15

Is the best game in the world
gmman
Age of Empires 3 is my favorite sratergy game and probably my favorite game. But the game play of Age of Empires 2 is probably as good (or better) i just love Age of Empires 3's graphics on my new computer. The Water reflictions are great
nikogiant
AOE2 Was good so I think AOE 3 is also good. it's graphicas are at least much better than 2
cghq
Whong wrote:
cghq wrote:

Microsoft Windows XP
A 32x speed CD drive
DirectX 9.0c

Technology is going so fast forwards that if you buy a computer today it will be a better one for less money in a month! Confused Crying or Very sad

It really bugs me that you can't ever seem to find the right computer or the right digital video camera for the right price! Technology is so fast and we just barely keep with it! Idea

months??? technology is getting better so quickly that its nearly a dayly thing..... like if you bought a new computer today, the software/hardware/drivers etc. will have updates or be out of date in the next day or so!
bogger
Just a moan about AoE 3, I have a m8 who got banned from playing online because he sweared, which meant 60 euro down the drain, they wouldn't re in state him, that's what really irritates me about that game, it's good, but too much of a nanny game
7Pound7
Well I used to play AOE 1. After that, the sequels couldn't really hold my attention. Too many things added to the game, that decreased the speed of playing too much.
Combine the graphics of AOE3 with the game basic of AOE1 and you would have a real nice game.
Loved it.

7Pound7