FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Eureka Seven

diddle
This show is pretty tight. Its one of those MECH type animes, but its really well drawn and the storyline is pretty cool. Its now on Adult Swim on saturdays and so far nothing really has happened. The Main Character is some kid (i forgot his name already hahaha.) Well lets see if i can go get a brakedown:

Main Charactera:
Renton Thurston
(Hes in love with Eureka.)
Eureka

Anyway its pretty tight. Anyone else know bout it?
driftingfe3s
I've been watching Eureka 7 before it came out on Adult Swim and I think its pretty good. The the group subbing it is kind of slow right now and the most recent subbed episode is 38. I'm not that big of mecha anime but this one is pretty good. The music is pretty cool too in my opinion.
Scaramanga
driftingfe3s wrote:
I've been watching Eureka 7 before it came out on Adult Swim and I think its pretty good. The the group subbing it is kind of slow right now and the most recent subbed episode is 38.

I'm surprised they haven't been slapped with a Cease & Desist, considering it's been licensed for a while now. In fact Bandai did a fantastic job with the box, which included the OST, a manga and a T-shirt, and you can still find online for about $35-40.

Anyway, yeah a fairly good show (although I'll admit at first I found the idea of air-surfing mecha pretty silly.)
TeK
It's a pretty cool mecha(I can't believe I just said that because I usually hate mecha anime). I thought the whole mecha surfing thing was pretty cool and the characters are interesting.
rightclickscott
Like alot of other people, I'm not a Mecha fan, but this show has made laugh more times than any other anime, and it shows well the idea of a teenager trying to grow up in an adult's world. It follows two storylines, which, in other animes, can be disorienting, but they blend well, seeing as how the main story, Renton just trying to get with Eureka, is simple and easy to follow and provides alot of comic support, which is unseen in alot of anime, yet still has plenty of good points to it. The other story follows what is going on with the world, and since Renton is too young to follow the story of the wars between the different factions and how the group Renten is in is a group of mercenaries taking whatever job they can get if the money is good enough, Holland makes a great character to center this around, because he's already grown up and understands the world at large, and all he is trying to do is make money. It's got alot of different levels of depth, and it blends and seperates stories at the right times. I'm definetly going to keep watching this.
carlokes
I'm a fan of the majority of the animes that exist, except those romance ones with school themes where everything is about love bla bla bla...I like mecha animes (except Gundam maybe) and i must say that this one is one of the best mecha animes i've ever seen (the best one is probably Blue Gender). It has an interesting story, the character look great and dispite the two main character being kids it is still a very appealling anime Razz

If you have the possibility to watch the anime or part of it, go for it !!
diddle
yeah most of the time mecha anime are extremly stupid and kinda boring cuz they always do the same thing. Gundum was alright, but there were too dam many of them and they started to make me think if they were actually Gundum shows. But yeah This show is awsome and im currently watching it on adult swim.
Rsam
Anyone know if it'll be fansubbed to 50? I would like to watch this anime, but I won't risk it being cut-off so I can't finish it.
rightclickscott
Whoa, where did that Holland avatar come from?

I'm not sure, Rsam, but I remember seeing somewhere that some dvds are already out, so you can probably get a bootleg copy or pir@te it off of Limewire or you could find yourself a nice torrent! It's your choice, really.
Scaramanga
rightclickscott wrote:

I'm not sure, Rsam, but I remember seeing somewhere that some dvds are already out, so you can probably get a bootleg copy or pir@te it off of Limewire or you could find yourself a nice torrent! It's your choice, really.

Or you could, I dunno, BUY the DVDs instead of being an leech and supporting anime piracy. Like I said, go out and buy the box, I guarantee you WON'T be disappointed.
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

Or you could, I dunno, BUY the DVDs instead of being an leech and supporting anime piracy. Like I said, go out and buy the box, I guarantee you WON'T be disappointed.

You could do that, but that would require money, something I don't have. I don't know, maybe I'll pick up a bootleg copy, that would be spending money. Happy, Scaramanga?
driftingfe3s
I'm pretty sure they will finish the series. Nanashi is working on episode 41 right now.
fangfox
I missed a few episodes and when I saw yesterdays episode it blew my mind ><
Scaramanga
rightclickscott wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

You could do that, but that would require money, something I don't have. I don't know, maybe I'll pick up a bootleg copy, that would be spending money. Happy, Scaramanga?

Uhh NO, considering you would just be paying money to bootleggers, NOT the original creators of the work. Bootlegs are worse than fansubs IMO. If you don't have money no anime for you, it's a PRODUCT, not a free service.

You know as someone who is a creative type yourself, I find it kind of ironic you'd be willing to screw OTHER creators by stealing their hard work.
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
Scaramanga wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:

Uhh NO, considering you would just be paying money to bootleggers, NOT the original creators of the work. Bootlegs are worse than fansubs IMO. If you don't have money no anime for you, it's a PRODUCT, not a free service.

You know as someone who is a creative type yourself, I find it kind of ironic you'd be willing to screw OTHER creators by stealing their hard work.

You see it as though it's a product. I see it as a form of entertainment, and you misunderstand. You seem to think I go out of my way to screw people over, but that's not what I'm about. I'd say the people at Gainax are screwing other people over for making them buy 3 dvds just for a series that has 6 episodes. If I could, I would shake the hands of Nobuhiro Watsuki, Eiichiro Oda, and maybe even Takuya Tashiro, despite his perverted ways, but when it comes down to it, I'm a very poor person, and if I want to do activities that could get me arrested for a form of entertainment, then I'll take the risk. I mean, It's not like I spend all of my time, in front of my computer, downloading shows I've never even heard of. And if I want to watch FLCL with my girlfriend, don't you think it would be alittle more convenient for me to have all the episodes on one dvd? I'm not trying to convince you to become a pirate, by all means, no. I'm just saying, I want some things that'll entertain me, and I'll take some risks so get it, but I definetly do not go over the top with it, and believe me, I know people who do, and if I can't get them to do it for me, then it's basically just me wanting to watch something without the means to, besides maybe a guy who just happens to have afew episodes on Limewire.
Taitu
I love Eureka Seven. It is currently my favourite anime. This is probably also the only anime I have ever watched for the love story.. Usually love stories are very stupid and cliched, but they were able to pull this one off very well.

By the way, I'm on scott's side with this one. I think it is first of all stupid, that we should have to pay for something, that would technically be on television in the first place, making it free anyway.

When you buy an anime DVD, it is paying the people who are subbing it, so why am I buying a DVD to pay for people who do mediocre subtitles and rarely care about the anime they are subbing, when I can get free subs from people who care highly about the anime they are subbing, and do subtitling well?
Scaramanga
Taitu wrote:
By the way, I'm on scott's side with this one. I think it is first of all stupid, that we should have to pay for something, that would technically be on television in the first place, making it free anyway.

Do you live in Japan? Do you speak and understand Japanese fluently? My guess is no. So while this show may be aired in Japan for free, that doesn't mean that you should get it for free. I'm guessing that means you think you should be able to have all the DVDs of other TV shows for free too huh? So all the old episodes of Star Trek and the like, they should be free too?

Things that air on TV aren't FREE! They are paid for with advertising dollars or your cable bill

Taitu wrote:
When you buy an anime DVD, it is paying the people who are subbing it, so why am I buying a DVD to pay for people who do mediocre subtitles and rarely care about the anime they are subbing, when I can get free subs from people who care highly about the anime they are subbing, and do subtitling well?

Ahahahahahaaaa!!! This is the most hilarious, and blantantly incorrect thing I've read by a fansub "thief" on these boards. Sinse WHEN are fansubs MORE correct than a legitimate release? I've seen more errors in grammar and spelling in ONE 20-minute episode of fansubbed anime than I have in a ten-year old's book report. As for legitimate licensors not caring about the work they're making, consider this... if they do a piss poor job no one buys their product, and they lose money. If no downloads a fansub, no one's lost anything other than the fansubbers who've lost some time. Also, as I have pointed out numerous times in this and other threads, it's more than just the dub and subs that cost a licensors money to produce an anime DVD.

I think some of you need to STOP making excuses for your theft, and go get a real job and BUY the products. Nothing in life is free. If you like something, have the balls to PAY for it, instead of stealing money from the creators (yes, even if they live in Japan.)
rightclickscott
Scaramanga, I'm just doing what I want, and even though you may stand tall as this pillar of virtue and morality among these frihosters, you need to understand that people are stubborn, and whatever you say can't change it. I don't steal shit or get bootlegs all the time, just when I can't get what I need. When you go around talking about how everyone should pay the creators, they should, because it's their work. But I really don't care. I'm doing what I want, when I want, how I want, and I could care less about what people think. Do I want people doing the same thing? Of course not. Why? Because I can make mistakes. If I get caught, fine, I'll deal with it, and you should really just mind your own business. Not only that, but whenever I use the word "could," I mean it very loosely. I don't disagree with you, but you should really just butt out and mind your own business.
DeviousRiders
this show could use some work but all in all it is better then gundam in my eyes i like they story and i think it will make more episodes then gundam ever did last episode i saw was 29 tho i missed alot of them cuzz of work and stuff.
Scaramanga
OK, I'm going to backtrack a bit...

rightclickscott wrote:
I don't disagree with you, but you should really just butt out and mind your own business.

So if a dude was going around bragging about robbing banks I should just "butt out" as you so eloquently put it? The reason I CARE about this issue is because I CARE about anime. And it irks me every time I see someone going on about how they get their anime for FREE. It hurts the industry and since it's an industry I happen to LIKE that in turn hurts me. And I'm certainly not going to keep quiet about it.

Also, I'd like to point out that Bondings has a rule against posting warez/mp3s/reprinted material on these forums. I don't see why linking to ILLEGAL fansubs is any different.

rightclickscott wrote:
Scaramanga, I'm just doing what I want, and even though you may stand tall as this pillar of virtue and morality among these frihosters, you need to understand that people are stubborn, and whatever you say can't change it.

First off, let me say my point has NOTHING to do with morality. Second I've explained my position on why fansubs of licensed anime hurts the industry. Maybe I can't change your position, but hey, who knows, maybe one or two of you will grow up enough finally to realize that you SHOULD pay for the stuff.

rightclickscott wrote:
I don't steal **** or get bootlegs all the time, just when I can't get what I need. When you go around talking about how everyone should pay the creators, they should, because it's their work. But I really don't care. I'm doing what I want, when I want, how I want, and I could care less about what people think. Do I want people doing the same thing? Of course not. Why? Because I can make mistakes. If I get caught, fine, I'll deal with it, and you should really just mind your own business.

So wait, I'm kinda confused, you say YOU should be able to do whatever you want, but you don't want other people doing the same thing? Can you spell hypocrit? And you don't "steal" all the time, just when you need it? Man you sound like a drug addict right there. Anime is a privledge, NOT a right, despite what you seem to think you're entitled to. By your logic, when you're REALLY hungry you should just be able to walk into the grocery store and STEAL all the food you "need".

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'll stop this now, since it no longer has anything to do with the awesome show that is Eureka Seven.
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
So wait, I'm kinda confused, you say YOU should be able to do whatever you want, but you don't want other people doing the same thing? Can you spell hypocrit? And you don't "steal" all the time, just when you need it? Man you sound like a drug addict right there. Anime is a privledge, NOT a right, despite what you seem to think you're entitled to. By your logic, when you're REALLY hungry you should just be able to walk into the grocery store and STEAL all the food you "need".

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'll stop this now, since it no longer has anything to do with the awesome show that is Eureka Seven.

Yes, I am a hypocrit, sure. And I used to be a drug addict, for the record. Anything I don't have the ability to buy from a store, I look for it online. I'll stop my hypocritical posting, too, because I like this show.
Sphaerenkern
Taitu wrote:
I love Eureka Seven. It is currently my favourite anime. This is probably also the only anime I have ever watched for the love story..

Same here. First I wanted to watch it for the laugh because I thought it was kinda trashy like I think Outlaw Star is. I considered all the Mecha-stuff kinda goofy and the first episodes are childish/trashy in the ways of relationship between Renton and Eureka:

Spoiler, if you are picky:
at the start he shouts "I really like you" out loud (or, in german dub, even "I love you") but then it's totally hard for him to repeat that later.
/Spoiler

Then, I watched further because I wanted to see how
spoiler (srsly now)
Renton leaves the Gekko
/spoiler
and then the love story really got me. The story and the main characters really evolved (though some characters don't seem so strong like they seemed at the start) and the love-story does, too. Some may consider it whiny and boring, but I watched Eureka Seven for the cute love story Very Happy Even turned on the subtitles so I could just read them and watch the parts without the love-stuff faster.
I wouldn't say that it's a great anime overall, but it's quite good. I just don't like the mecha-stuff and the whole story is to "epic" for me. I prefer more usual, credible stories.
And what annoyed me a bit at the end, was: I though they were all Reffers (Sky Surfers, wikipedia said that "reffing" is not the official term in all translations)... but they didn't surf that much. Just messing around with these stupid mechs. Confused
Though some surfing/reffing scenes are deeply important for Eureka and Renton, but hey, not just another spoiler.

Edit:
And yes, it's well drawn and the story is quite good (a few fillers are annoying) but I'm used to that 'cause I don't watch much anime, just nearly everything a friend recommends me.

Edit2:
I think it's funny that though they all have pockets, Renton and Holland wear these bum bags and Eureka wears this.. dunno, little bag attached to her leg. Renton looks a bit like a tourist with that and Holland looks like some sleazy mechanic Very Happy