FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

FTP problems frihost's fault or no?

ocalhoun
First of all, here's what happens:
Supposing I want to up/download a large amount of data from my webspace (say, 50mb)
Some time through the operation, I'll get an error to the tune of: Connection actively refused by host.

I'm wondering if this is because of frihost's ftp settings or if it is just a mysterious glitch I shouldn't worry about.
This isn't a big problem, I can still do what I need to by downloading large amounts of data in small pieces, but this makes things like making a backup of my entire webspace very inconvienient.

To cut to the chase, if this is because of a setting on frihost's servers could it be changed please?
Bondings
I thought that most ftp programs make it possible to download files by pieces, so if you lose your connection you can continue later.

Whether this is a fault of the server? Maybe but I doubt it as I never received that error myself.
dz9c
Yea it keeps happening to me, its rediculous I cant upload these files I want to without it coming up with this crap in the middle of uploading...Wtf.... Evil or Very Mad
sketteksalfa
Are these problems happening when even using high connections? or only on dial ups. I would like to know also if i can change my ftp password from time to time. Thanks
ocalhoun
sketteksalfa wrote:
Are these problems happening when even using high connections? or only on dial ups.

It's happening to me on a high speed connection.