FRIHOST ē FORUMS ē SEARCH ē FAQ ē TOS ē BLOGS ē COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

An uploading issue regarding "trailer videos"?

frozenhead
Good day!

Here's the scenario:

I have this site that Iím working for a month now, its primarily a blogsite that soon will be for me and a few friends of mine once it'll be uploaded here in frihost, hopefully. Well, I didn't request for a web hosting yet because I want to make sure all things will work fine so Iím still stuck on testing and revising it offline.

Hereís my problem, Iím nearly done with the site but thereís only one thing Iím not sure of to include to the blogsite. I thought of creating a portion in the site where visitors can view the videos my friend and I both personally made. The videos are sorts of personal videos of us (such as Friendís Birthday, Community Events, Parties, Special Events and the like) that we captured for keeping and we really want to share these with our other friends that are currently in different countries, Well.. I once dreamed to be a (frustrated) film director you know!?.. Lol..

Anyways, going back.. Obviously, streaming the full edited videos will eat a lot of bandwidth and slow down the traffic once uploaded or to be viewed on the web, it would really be a bad idea. So I think, instead of the full videos, is it possible for me to upload just only the trailers? You know Iíll just edit the full videos and make a 460px X 363px trailer for each for at least 5-8 mins. short, I think that is 4-8 MB in file size, that really depends.. Iíll try to compress it as I can and to be uploaded and once to be deleted when it will become old for viewing to give way for other new trailers that will be made soon.

I already read the TOS, but In this case, itís for me just to make sure before proceeding into what Iím planning to do. I really need your reactions, suggestions or anything about this post guys. Iím just careful not to mess up to avoid any major revisions with what Iím working now. Iíll post my web hosting request once Iím done and get some feedbacks here.

Iím looking forward for a reply. Iíll try to be more active in the forum!..

May the FORCE be with us all here in our FriHost Community! Wink

Bondings
I certainly don't have problems with 4-8mb video files. Wink As long as you created the movies (and you did) it is completely legal.
Assuming you have 100 downloads of a 10Mb file, then you only reach 1GB a month, so that shouldn't be a problem.

And for the bigger files, you might try out https://upload.video.google.com/ . It's still in beta phase, but you can upload very big files with them. They only have to accept them.(2-3days) For more information, you might want to pm Granard (in French) as he used it already for his own video.
frozenhead
Okay.. thanks a lot for the info!.. Wink .. I'll try to check on the google video option.. Very Happy