FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Multi submission and Spam

Lilystock
Hi !

From what I understand, we can be classified as spammer if we submit too many time... and if we submit through several Search Engine Submission Links, will we be considered a spammer ?

Do I have to check on all search engine to see if I'm already registered ?

Thanks
manumiglani
Quote:
From what I understand, we can be classified as spammer if we submit too many time.

Not Exactly, I do not think submitting multiple times to search engines have any type of effect on the search engine's search results. But, why do you need to submit more than once. There is no need of submitting more than once. You only need to submit your site once. Dats it.

Quote:
Do I have to check on all search engine to see if I'm already registered ?
Its not that difficult as you think. Only check your site in 4 search engines msn, google, yahoo and ask.com
Check once in a week if you have a busy schedule.
Lilystock
manumiglani wrote:

Not Exactly, I do not think submitting multiple times to search engines have any type of effect on the search engine's search results.

Well, I know that when you submit to say Yahoo. They write that if you submit too many times, they will consider you a spammer...
[edit]Just found this on SubmitExpress : "Please do not submit your URL more than once a month. Multiple submissions of the same URL to some search engines could be considered spamming and therefore may ban you from being listed. "[/edit]

manumiglani wrote:
But, why do you need to submit more than once.
There is no need of submitting more than once. You only need to submit your site once. Dats it.

I'm not planning on submit everyday to Yahoo (for exemple). But if I want to try a Multi search Engine submission like http://www.submitexpress.com for example. I know that it may also submit to Yahoo. But well, there is also other search engines or directory I would like to submit to...

manumiglani wrote:
Its not that difficult as you think. Only check your site in 4 search engines msn, google, yahoo and ask.com
Check once in a week if you have a busy schedule.

Well, I was thinking of those multi search engines, where you can uncheck some Search Engine/directory... but well, if yo have to check all before, you don't really gain time, do you ?
manumiglani
Quote:
Please do not submit your URL more than once a month. Multiple submissions of the same URL to some search engines could be considered spamming and therefore may ban you from being listed.

Well, rightly bulk submissions should not be done that often. They take system resource like bandwidth etc. of the search engines and the company who is providing free url submissions.

Quote:

Well, I know that when you submit to say Yahoo. They write that if you submit too many times, they will consider you a spammer...

Is that about Directory submission or search submission ? I think its about directory submission. Anyways, do not submit more than once if it says so.

Also, you can use these tools to check how well your site is doing in major search engines.
http://www.mikes-marketing-tools.com/ranking-reports/
http://www.manvish.com/eservices/seo/displayRanking.php
http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/keywords/
Lilystock
Thanks manumiglani, but maybe I should be more specific about why I'm asking this question.

Let's say that there is 2 bulks submissions engine :

BS1 and BS2.

BS1 submit to SEa and SEb.
BS2 submit to SEa and SEc.

(to simply matter, we'll talk as if it is only one seach engine when in fact, it is a GROUP of search engines) .

I would like my site to be on SEa, SEb AND SEc.

I could submit on BS1 and the submit manually and individually to SEc, but well, it would be much faster to submit to BS1 and BS2, wouldn't it ? Especially as we know that SEc is in fact a whole bunch of SE...

But if I submit to BS1 AND BS2, then that mean that I would submit twice on SEa ? Would SEa consider that I'm spamming or does it know somehow that the submission is done by a BS ?

Hope that I'm undertandable, but well, it isn't easy when I can not draw a picture to explain Confused

Quote:
Is that about Directory submission or search submission ?

From what I have seen, most BS submit to both : search engine and directories... difficult to keep track on everything then...
manumiglani
Hello Lilystock,

I do not think you have to worry much about this. Search Engines does not pay much attention to bulk submissions.
Lilystock
Thank you manumiglani Very Happy