FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

anything@urDomain.com For FREE From Google(For Site Owners)

niranvv
Hi all,
Do you have a personal domain Name for your website?
Are you paying extra amount for your personalized email Addresses! Rolling Eyes

Good News for all those peoples!! Laughing
Google started Free Personalized Email For Your Domain!
That is, You can create you@yourdomain.com with Google! < Google Hosted >

And full pop mail support for those mail IDs.
And Free Chat, Calender, and Control Panel.
And the users can create upto 30 Free Usernames and Nicknames under a single Domain.( 2GB free space for each and every User )
( Edited: I got 30 Accounts! It may vary per account )

All you need to get one Invitation from Google!
Goto: http://www.google.com/hosted/
and enter the details for your Domain!

I just got the Invitation from Google And thus created Personalized Email Addresses For the domain: www.niranvv.com
Please have a look at my mai login page!!:
http://mail.google.com/hosted/niranvv.com/
There you can notice the personalized Logos and all!!

FAQ: https://www.google.com/hosted/FAQ

Love,

Niran
Cool

[Changed Thread Title from: you@yourDoman.com For FREE From Google ( For Site Owners)
To: anything@yourDomain.com For FREE From Google(For Site Owners)
On 7th June ]
tidruG
THat seems cool.
I've never quite been a big OUtlook or Outlook Express fan, so to be able to use GMail for my domain would be pretty good.

Currently, it's in beta (as just about everything else by Google)... do you think it'll be a free service once they open it to the public? (if they ever open it to the public, that is)
niranvv
tidruG wrote:
THat seems cool.
I've never quite been a big OUtlook or Outlook Express fan, so to be able to use GMail for my domain would be pretty good.

Currently, it's in beta (as just about everything else by Google)... do you think it'll be a free service once they open it to the public? (if they ever open it to the public, that is)

Pls checkout this:
https://www.google.com/hosted/FAQ
Google wrote:
How much does this beta cost?
Not a thing. We're focused on fine-tuning our service, and learning more about how domains use hosted email services. We appreciate our testers' help during this beta period.

They are mentioning only about Beta Cost!!
Not mentioning about Final Product!!
Just wait and See!!

Rolling Eyes
tidruG
niranvv wrote:
tidruG wrote:
THat seems cool.

Pls checkout this:
https://www.google.com/hosted/FAQ
Google wrote:
How much does this beta cost?
Not a thing. We're focused on fine-tuning our service, and learning more about how domains use hosted email services. We appreciate our testers' help during this beta period.

They are mentioning only about Beta Cost!!
Not mentioning about Final Product!!
Just wait and See!!

Rolling Eyes

Note the important part there...
"How much does this beta cost?"
There's no saying for sure that the final release which opens to the public will also be free.
alkady
Sweet, Google will never stop amazing me. The only down part is its always invitation based. *sigh
Scorpio
And niran, how many accounts did you ask them for?
niranvv
scorpio wrote:
And niran, how many accounts did you ask them for?

I didnt entered anything regarding that while applying for account!
but I can notice that, They are mentioning that, Up to 30 Users, its free!
niranvv
I'm putting some screenshots for that hosted email accounts here!!
Laughing
please have a look at that!! Cool

Arrow Main Dash Board ( have A look at account plan )

Arrow User Details

Arrow Nick names for users! ( Alternate Email IDs )

Arrow Personalized Logo and SignIn page!

Enjooooooooy!!

Love,
Niran
Wink
Scorpio
Why I asked is that when you are registering, they ask , how many accounts do you want?

how much did you enter
niranvv
I forgot it man!! Sad really sorry about that!
I got that Google Hosted Page while searching for some other stuffs
and applied for that invitation around 1 month back!
And got the invitation from google before 2 days only!
I was not serious while applying for that invitation!
So forgot about that!!
Sad
bnbrown
Hi that's great! Google always astonish me. I sent them a request for 10 account. It would be really cool to use my own domain at the end of my email address rather than something else that does not specify me. Now my domain is hosted by yahoo and they decided that the email address I may create under my domain can only be used by yahoo mail. And that is very bad. Hope google will help me.

Thanks again
bnbrown
colilon
WOW, that is cool...
I was planing on buying a domain, and this is the best thing for a domain...

Your domain gmaild page, very nice...

Ill send a request see if they get back.
niranvv
Arrow Here is the screenshot of the mail box!
You can notice my customized logo in the place of Gmail Logo!

Love,

Niran

Wink
blackheart
tidruG wrote:
THat seems cool.

lol.
You can get an @gmail.com by default, by just registering google mail. I already have an account, have had it for a t least a year, and have at my disposal over 100 invitations. If anyone would like an @gmail.com account, jus PM me. Very Happy
babumuchhala
well i do have a hosted account for a domain that does not exisit Razz

I am really eager to try that, just trying to get someones credit card to buy myself a domain Very Happy
Scorpio
I applied for 250 accounts and was accepted in 24 hours(actually less)

I am yet to setup the domain however
tidruG
blackheart wrote:
tidruG wrote:
THat seems cool.

lol.
You can get an @gmail.com by default, by just registering google mail. I already have an account, have had it for a t least a year, and have at my disposal over 100 invitations. If anyone would like an @gmail.com account, jus PM me. Very Happy

Oh, I have about 3 GMail accounts, and over 300 invitations Wink
But I wanted to use GMail for my domain-based e-mail accounts.
TeenZine
tidruG wrote:
THat seems cool.

You can apply ( i herd most every one gets accepted) as long as they dont say something stupid like my site is made to sell drugs. I know heady has this servise.I also herd it was veary weary veary veary slow.
bluefossil
alkady wrote:
Sweet, Google will never stop amazing me. The only down part is its always invitation based. *sigh

invitation based is what makes google mail so awesome. You will never have a bot registering hundreds of spam email accounts. You know any emails with extension gmail.com is never a spam email. Google is smart.
tidruG
I got my invitation yesterday.
I think it took about 1-2 days.
I've not yet set it up and not yet started using it, but I will in a few days and then let y'all know if it's fast or not.
babumuchhala
tidruG wrote:
I got my invitation yesterday.
I think it took about 1-2 days.
I've not yet set it up and not yet started using it, but I will in a few days and then let y'all know if it's fast or not.
Luck bitch (Its your bery own language Wink )

I got my invitation in abt a months time. But in fact i had applied it when they had just launced the service. So that was acceptable.

Man some one give me a credit card Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
niranvv
You need to have complete access to Domain MX records/DNS records to get Gmail for your domain!
That is you need to change that to google's settings!

https://www.google.com/support/hosted/bin/answer.py?answer=33915&ctx=sibling
Quote:
Configuring Your Mail Exchange (MX) DNS Records: Other ISPs

The steps to configure MX records depend on who your domain is currently registered with, but you can use the following information as a general guide:

1. Log in to your account, and go to the MX record maintenance page.
Since MX records are special Domain Name Service (DNS) records, they may be in sections such as DNS Management, Mail Server Configuration, or Name Server Management. It's possible that you will have to enable advanced settings to edit your MX records.
2. Delete all existing MX entries.
By default, pre-existing MX records may already be present in the system; before entering new MX records to point to Google's email servers, you should first delete all existing MX entries.
3. Use the information in the following table when you enter each MX record.
If your service requires you to enter server information directly into the DNS tables, the entries below need to have a type MX associated with them. You may not be able to enter the priority value exactly as it appears in the table below -- if you can't, make sure each record follows the indicated order (that is, an entry with priority "5" should be lower in value than entry "10"). And if you aren't able to assign priorities, you should only enter aspmx.l.google.com.. Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.

Priority

Mail Server
1 (* This is the top priority mail server. Do not assign this priority to any other servers. Learn more.) ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
5 ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

5 ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.

10 ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

10 ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

10 ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

10 ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM.

MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (.) at the end of any full-qualified domain names (for example, server.example.com.).

Congratulations! Your MX records are now configured to point to Gmail for your domain. Keep in mind that changes to MX records may take up to 48 hours to propagate throughout the Internet.

https://www.google.com/support/hosted/bin/answer.py?answer=33352
Quote:

Configuring Your Mail Exchange (MX) DNS Records

Mail eXchange (MX) records are entries within the Domain Name System (DNS). These records identify servers that handle email for your domain name. To use Gmail for your domain as your email service, you'll need to modify your MX records to point to Google's mail servers. (These records often are set to use your ISP's email servers.)

If you are currently using distinct email addresses at your domain (rather than a single catch-all email address), you should create user accounts in Gmail for your domain for each address before changing your MX records. Otherwise, email sent to those addresses may bounce. Each ISP has slightly different ways to change these MX records. Check out our instructions for changing MX records using some common ISPs.

Love,
Niran
The_Gamer294
niranvv
The_Gamer294 wrote:
cool, but what does this have to do with world news?

Shocked
FRIHOST Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News wrote:
Discuss World News
Here you can discuss all recent news items, whether they are internet-related or not.

then, where else to post about this latest news from Google?? Think

Love,
Niran
Scorpio
The_Gamer294 wrote:
cool, but what does this have to do with world news?

Well, Gmail belongs to Google

Google is in this world

So news about gmail = news about google = world news
zakireza
scorpio wrote:
I applied for 250 accounts and was accepted in 24 hours(actually less)

I am yet to setup the domain however

How many free accounts did you get?
ogwilson
I just submitted my application for one. I think they should allow already existing gmail users to automatically get at least 1 username without a review process. I really went through hell getting a gmail invite, and i'd hate going through that hell again.
STGwebsite
thanx very much for the tip
I am definetely going to take a look at it. Although I do wonder: will the final version remain free? Anyway, it is worth a try, I guess.
bangala
This is definitely worth trying, but remember guys this is just beta. I don't think this service will remain free later specially that it's targeting organizations and companies; i.e. commercial users.
Maxtoid
Google has gone far beyond the expectations of millions of users over the last few years. You never know when they might pull another fast on on us. Surprise us yet again. I personally think it would be amazing, but not too unexpected if they provided this service for free. But then again, they can't give everything away.
Lord Klorel
I have a problem in changing the MX records because i can't find the right hosting company.

How can i get out this mess?

Can somebody help me in this matter?
niranvv
Lord Klorel wrote:
I have a problem in changing the MX records because i can't find the right hosting company.

How can i get out this mess?

Can somebody help me in this matter?

where its hosted friend??
If its hosted in some free servers, then u can't alter the MX records!
Atleast a personal domain name u need to have!!

If you had purchased a domain name, then tell me, where it is hosted!!
then only w people can help you friend!! Rolling Eyes

Niran
www.Just4TimePass.Tk
niranvv
I had purchase domain name: www.niranvv.com Laughing
and URL redirection from www.WebstarIndia.com
and its redirected to: www.niran.frih.net
and I had changed the MX/Name Server Details for
the mail settings at www.WebstarIndia.com
so that all mails coming to my domain name will be routed to the google server!

Niran

www.Just4TimePass.Tk

Dancing
jipmerite
Actually this service has been available in MSN Hotmail for quite some time how. But as in everything else in MSN, it is not FREE.

But you have to keep in mind that Google and Gmail are very new to the business. Everything they have is still in Beta. Once they are fully established, it won't be surprising if they start charging for some services.

That is how the business works.
Indyan
babumuchhala wrote:

I am really eager to try that, just trying to get someones credit card to buy myself a domain Very Happy

You need to own the domain name so that you can edit the mx record.
I am currently using gmail for my domain pallab.net .
Lord Klorel
I have created a account at awardspaces. a free domain.

I hope that someone can help me now out of this mess.
babumuchhala
Indyan wrote:
babumuchhala wrote:

You need to own the domain name so that you can edit the mx record.
I am currently using gmail for my domain pallab.net .
Thats what I said mate.

I have a GMail Hosted Account for the domain that is still not registered. And thats why I cant change the MX Records and thats why I cant use it Razz
dickyzin
I've just got an invite from google and I would like what I should do next. I'm trying to set up the MX Record as instructed by google but I can't seem to find where I can do it. I have my domain registered at GoDaddy and it's hosted with FriHost. I can't find anywhere to change the the MX Record in GoDaddy or FriHost. How can I do it? Please help.
dickyzin
I've used ZoneEdit for DNS service since GoDaddy nor FriHost are offering any. Now I would like to know if users can only access their email through the link google has provided. Is there a way to allow users to access their account through my domain?
niranvv
dickyzin wrote:
I've used ZoneEdit for DNS service since GoDaddy nor FriHost are offering any. Now I would like to know if users can only access their email through the link google has provided. Is there a way to allow users to access their account through my domain?

You can put framesets.
posting one sample code here

Code:

<html>
  <head>
    <title>Mail@dickyzin.com</title>
  </head>
  <frameset rows="*,1" framespacing="0" border="0" frameborder="NO">
    <frame src="http://mail.google.com/hosted/dickyzin.com" name="Main_Frame" scrolling="auto" noresize>
  </frameset>
</html>

In the frame named: Main_Frame give src as: http://mail.google.com/hosted/yourdoman
And save the html file say: index.html in one folder names mail in your domain.
so that, by entering: www.yourdomain.com/mail will open this page and will display the google hosted mail in that page itself.
The address bar will look like: www.yourdomain.com/mail
Wink
dickyzin
Thanks for your suggestion niranvv. Unfortuneately, mail.google.com has been blocked at my work. Thus, using frames still won't let me access it through my work's proxy.
niranvv
dickyzin wrote:
Thanks for your suggestion niranvv. Unfortuneately, mail.google.com has been blocked at my work. Thus, using frames still won't let me access it through my work's proxy.

Check whether you can able to access www.live.com or not!
Microsoft also introduces the same service and you can find the details here:
https://domains.live.com

Quote:
Windows Live Custom Domains
Do you own an Internet domain name? Custom Domains provides free hosted e-mail for your domain.

* E-mail accounts for everyone. Create an unlimited number of accounts in your domain.
* New e-mail features. Everyone at your domain will get an MSN Hotmail account. These accounts can upgrade for free to the new Windows Live Mail beta, which offers 2GB of storage and enhanced security features.
* Use it for Windows Live Messenger and more. E-mail addresses at your domain can also be used for instant messaging and other services on the MSN and Windows Live network.
* No hassle or fuss. Your e-mail is hosted by Microsoft, so there is no need to buy or manage e-mail servers.
* Flexibility. The optional software development kit lets you choose how Custom Domains works with your website or application.

Wink
dickyzin
niranvv wrote:

Check whether you can able to access www.live.com or not!
Microsoft also introduces the same service and you can find the details here:
https://domains.live.com

Yes, I can access www.live.com. It's mentioned the users will get free MSN accounts right? So to check these emails, do you go through live.com or hotmail.com? I'm asking this because hotmail is blocked at work too. Will live.com redirect to hotmail.com or msn.com after user signs in?
niranvv
Quote:
Where do I check my e-mail? Sign in at www.hotmail.com with your new e-mail address, e.g. info@wingtiptoys.com.

Its mentioning as: signIn at hotmail.com
So I think, you can't access the mail dude!
If you need to forward one copy of mails coming to your personalized email address,
then configure Google hosted mails for your Domain and select Settings at mail box!
There you can find one option to forward mails!
So, that a copy of all the mails coming to your personalized mail adress will be forwarded to your company ID or some other ID!
Try that!!

Wink

Niran
dickyzin
I normally use gmail lite or g-lite to access my normal gmail account from work. But g-lite only works for @gmail.com extensions so far. Have anyone come up with a way to make g-lite accept @yourdomain.com as well? Might have to play around with the code behind it I think.
niranvv
Google Hosted is now renamed to:
Google Apps for Your Domain

and the link also changed to:
www.google.com/a

So, if you need to use Google Apps services ( includes: Gmail, Google Talk, Google Calender, Google Page Creator ) for you domain,
just setup at: www.google.com/a/ and the address for that will be:
www.google.com/a/<yourDomain>

NiraN
Laughing
FunDa
Hi. (Problem is solved. Read next post for the solution)

I bought a domain name www.fundazone.com and registered with google apps and got an account.

But I can't figure out where to change the MX records.

I've bought the domain from india internets,
and now I'm using zoneedit.com 's nameserver,
and funda.frih.net for hosting the site ...

Where and how can I change the MX records ? Question

Thanks in advance
FunDa
Finally. I got the Google apps hosted thingie running !!!!

I edited the MX servers at zonedit.com

Previously, it was not accepting the addresses i gave because I had put the (.) trailing dot after the address as Google had helpfully suggested. Thank you google for the emails, calendars, wiki, chat ... WOW !!!!

ANybody with lots of ideas and interested in puzzles - rubik's cube, soma cubes, tangrams, crosswords, brainteasers, tower of hanoi, and the like and wanting 2Gb Gmail space, chat, calendar, .... join http://www.fundazone.com

Google apps hosted is just too good. Very Happy