FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Think you know xhtml ?

TeenZine
Do you think you know everything about html and xhtml
THINk AGAIN Take this quiz and you will see how much you realy know: http://webdesign.about.com/od/certifiedxhtmldevelopers/l/bl_getcertified.htm
I read every one of her classes and got a terrable score. 17.5% for most of the categorys.
Miniwood
That is quite a useful tool for seeing where you are at. I consider myself to be of intermediate skill at XHTML and I was pleased to score around 66% in just about every category. I will take the test again when I've studied more.
TeenZine
Dang you did way better then me.
Miniwood
TeenZine wrote:

There are others who would do way better than me. It's a matter of studying and applying yourself. Read the lessons on the site and take the test again. You will not wake up tomorrow knowing more than you knew today unless you make an effort to learn. No-one is born knowing XHTML, you have to learn it. Use it as motivation and make sure you get a higher score next time you take the test.
TeenZine
Miniwood wrote:
TeenZine wrote:

There are others who would do way better than me. It's a matter of studying and applying yourself. Read the lessons on the site and take the test again. You will not wake up tomorrow knowing more than you knew today unless you make an effort to learn. No-one is born knowing XHTML, you have to learn it. Use it as motivation and make sure you get a higher score next time you take the test.
Your are so right. I did apply my selve in reading it even rereading it. I hope you all enjoyed the link.
Marston
The test is pretty pedantic.
TeenZine
Marston wrote:
The test is pretty pedantic.
Can you pleased define pedantic. i dont know what it means.
Marston
Quote:
Pedantic - Characterized by a narrow, often ostentatious concern for book learning and formal rules: a pedantic attention to details.
Blaster
oh yea 10%. Never even looked at XHTML really. First i have ever seen it. Very Happy Yea for me. So i would really have to look at it before i started editing it.
Jamatu
38.3% - Woa I knew alot less than I thought I did O.O
cavey
I got 58.3 % (100% on "Basics of XHTML")
When I got the results, I saw that there were some lessons we were supposed to study before taking the exam... Guess I'll read those and try again...

Lesson 1 starts her: http://webdesign.about.com/od/html101classes/a/bl_xclass1_1a.htm
TeenZine
Yes it is a class ( suposevialy by email but we cheeted a bit) and posted the link for all of you since it was a chalange.
Mamsaac
I got 56%.

I still don't think it's neccesary to learn all that stuff... it's not as if I REALLY had to learn it. It's.. pedantic, as the other person said.
Rhysige
Base Score: 36.7 %

Section Score
Basics of XHTML 16.7 %
Paragraphs, Line Breaks, and Headings 66.7 %
Quotes and Lines 33.3 %
Fonts, Text, and Color 33.3 %
Lists 33.3 %
Images 16.7 %
Links and Image Maps 33.3 %
Tables 66.7 %
Frames 16.7 %
Forms 50.0 %

Its a stupid test also because it allows you to select every single option... I would be interested to see how it marks it if you had to get it 100% right to get marks...
Stubru Freak
The test focuses too much on the personal opinion on the author of what's important, and the lessons you are supposed to follow. Great exam maybe, but not a real xhtml knowledge test.
E.g., he focuses a lot on image maps, which aren't even used on quite a lot of sites. Also he asks a lot of questions like "Which attribute ...? Which element ...?" that you can easily look up, so there's no point in remembering.
Also sometimes he asks for the "correct way" which can mean anything from "it will work in IE6" to "it is the way recommended by the W3C".
I think he should focus more on things like, what's the difference between text/html and application/xhtml+xml, when are you allowed to use text/html for xhtml and when not, where should you mark the language of your document and the main differences between html and xhtml.
b4r4t
40% ... but as Stubru Freak says "much on the personal opinion on the author" ... questions like "whitch color it will be..." esh ...
BTW , when I'm writing a site i always check it in validator and repair mistakes Smile
zjosie729
I read all of her classes too. I use about.com for most of my information, and ever since I found that site, it had helped me tremendously.

I took that test about 5 times, and never got beyong 60%.
The first time I received a 23%, or something like that.

Just so you know, some of those questions are not necessarily XHTML, you don't need to know those as part of XHTML. Smile
otaku
33.3 %

I feel really bad, I thought I knew most of the answers on there. But they didn't use correct forms. They should've used radios insted of check boxes.

I'll just have to study a littler harder.
(But I don't depend on the XHTML standerd, as Dustin Diaz put it, "It's a guide and you shouldn't worry if it breaks because of a user comment").
bladesage
I've taken it 3 times now, the latest was about ten minutes ago. The best I've gotten was just now, 45%. Pretty sad -.-

DO NOT let it get you down, they put in AT LEAST 1 totally unrelated question, as if we know, care about, AND remember someone with a screwy name's opinion on frames.

I know as a fact, that at least 90% of us here are better than that thing makes us out to be. I've been learning XHTML for quite some time now, and I could not care less about whether or not some images need plugins, or what browsers there are. Those types of things will not lower the quality of my sites, not in the slightest.

Besides, I got bored with standard XHTML, and moved on to javascript, PHP, DHTML, and other advanced scripting languages. XHTML was only my gateway to the vast world of the internet, and it got me far enough to learn how limited it really is by iteslf.