FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

What is the best keyword density ?

nappa
If the percentage of keyword density is too high the search engine will consider it as keyword stuffing, but if the density is too low the site is not ranking well. So any idea about it ?
kcarring
As a general rule, lower key word density, with a high frequency, works nice. What this equates to is a lot of words on the page. For example, have a look at this page I authored.. where the density of "recording equipment" and "pro audio" is low, but the frequency is high. As well there are many other subphrases of importance - with the two most important ones being "trident audio" and "oram pro audio".

http://www.rockshopproaudio.com

A relatively low denisty (1.7-3%), with a high frequency (10 occurrences or more) is obtained by having a large word count (2500+). This is achieved mainly through choice of layout, also with SEO in mind (XHTML strict 3 column).

see it's results at Google for:

ORAM PRO AUDIO
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=oram+pro+audio&meta=

TRIDENT PRO AUDIO
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=trident+pro+audio&meta=
nappa
Thanks for the advise. It does help.

However I've checked your site. For keywords "oram pro audio" the keyword density is 3% and 1 time keyword occurence. I saw that you use very long meta tag. I thought google never care about it. So I'm getting confuse here. What do you mean by frequency ? It seems that you don't put much keyword on the first page. And you rank the third for that keywords, great job.
fritz06
5 - 7 % can be considered as the optimum value
vignesh_natraj
7% for Google and 10-15% for MSN and Yahoo
Jarvis
Hey...
As far as i know the accepted standard for a keyword density is between 3% and 5%...
so you should maintain your keyword density between 3 to 5....
joelmurdoch
keyword density is the analogical of times you use your keyword within a post. Percentage is significant because it’s how Google and other search engines read your content.
Bluedoll
Am I understanding this correctly? This is interesting with google and other search engines. If I google and I certainly do use it and if I understand this correctly for a google search engine that might possibly scan this thread that if the proper % is maintained, a search with google with the word google in it might possibly bring this page up in rank?

But if I do this... This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. This is interesting with Google and other search engines. then what happens?

What happens now... google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google, google,.. this is bad right? and the page will now drop if re-read by a searchbot?

I am getting this?
servercolocationindia
Jarvis wrote:
Hey...
As far as i know the accepted standard for a keyword density is between 3% and 5%...
so you should maintain your keyword density between 3 to 5....

Yes, I am agree with you.
dennismedina
If you a keyword body for a specific keyword byword amid the 2-3% ambit you will be ok. It is bigger to accept added instances of the keyword on the page up to a point. You demand to accept added exact matches but in adjustment to accumulate the body low you accept to access the aggregate of argument on the page.
the-guide
I think no one know exactly what is the best percentage of keyword density for each web page.
Ask Matt Cutts, maybe he knows!!! Laughing

Normally, I just write it naturally for human reading not for search engine bot and the keywords always
dominate automatically by my topic. Really don't know is it good or bad. Rolling Eyes

deanhills
IntegratedS wrote:
Keyword density is the percentage of how many times a keyword or keyword phrase is on the page content including all the other content. For example, if we have a web page with exactly 100 words on it including all headlines, captions, alt text, and advertising, and we have a keyword phrase that is on the page 3 times, your keyword density is 3%.
What density are you using?
Smile
chatrack
What is the most suited ratio of Keywords used in a site to other general world in a web page
for a good SEO?
servercolocationindia
upto 5% is consider as the optimum keyword density.

There are some who says that, there should be not more than 3% keyword density, while some say upto 10% Keyword density.
savable
what I know about keyword density is that, it should be no more than 5 to 6% and its for Google.
ankurthakur
Oh... Thanks for this useful post.

Actually I have programmed my website in such a way that it converts the Forum posts(top 5) into strings with commas and sends it to meta tag.

Sometimes, I post a huge Code into post and then the keyword meta tag contains 100s of keywords containing codes too... and lots of repeated words.

So I think I should remove duplicate words ? also codes ? Hmm ?
toursplanet
I am confirm that 3 to 5 % density is good and if it is more than it would not be beneficial..
here one thing i would like to tell you other that to know about the keyword density you can analyse the competitor who is on top at the same keyword..... and then follow the keyword density which is used by him.
isha123
It is the percentage of times a keyword or a word appear in the webpage to the total number of words in that webpage. It should be 5-6% in an content.
simplyelectricals
2% to 4% of keyword density best for a web page.
Robert_Redbeard
I have the SEO Friend Module in my Drupal install that helps diagnose page optimization.

One of my articles has a density of 0.8 with a promimence of 84. And it is good. The Module checks the page and tells you if you have a problem.

It will also tell me if I should make the Article a little longer. Or shorten the description. And many other things.

I have not gotten it all down pat yet. But I am working on being able to write an article and have it come out just right the first time in the analyzer.

This module was made by developers that consistently make pages that rank highly for their keyword niche. So I trust what it says about my content.

Not sure if you can get this type of thing for use outside Drupal. I do have some software called SENuke that I have been looking into. It does things like send out press releases and help you post your articles to directories without having to do everything manually.
campuspk
There are many factors that go into your Search Engine Optimization (SEO), but one of the most important is keyword density for SEO.

When writing an article, website content or blog post, one of the most important considerations is how to get your page to that coveted number one spot in the Google page rankings. There are many factors that go into your Search Engine Optimization (SEO), but one of the most important is keyword density for SEO. Before we can discuss keyword density for search engine optimization, also known as inbound marketing, we’re going to have to define what a keyword is.
anoopsh00
The best percentage of keyword density should be 4 to 5%.
psychorollercoaster
would agree with most of the ppl......anything above 5% would raise the flags and put u under radar....
sameerseo
Best keyword density is 2 or 3%
nguyenvulong
write articles of value to your target market. Distribute that content for other webmasters to use on their sites as long as they keep the link back to you in a "resource box" at the end of each article. Distribute your articles through article directories, ezines, and distribution services. The key to make this work is valuable content.

If selling a product, offer a commission to affiliates to sell for you. Each affiliate's link to your sales letter conversion page will bring you traffic and a better search engine rank too. The key to making this work is to make it financially attractive to your affiliates and give them everything they need to promote your product or service. Make it brain dead easy for them to do.

Find web sites that already rank high on your keywords and verify their traffic with the site owner and independent tools. Make sure you get ownership of the domain - you can let them still use their content elsewhere. Check deleteddomains.com to see what domains you can register for a few dollars that their owners have let expire. The key to making this work: Check Google page rank, Alexa rank and the number of back links for any site before you buy a web site.

One marketer I know challenged some SEO experts to see who could get ranked highest on a given term in 24 hours. He won, the techies did a lot of slick things, but the marketer just bought the site that was already # 1.
Joe McVoy
abhnav
Keyword Density Should be 4 to 5% in a webpage content.
ankitdatashn
Close to 3% and it works great!