FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Fireworks ( MAcromedia )

sinusweb
TThis programme is very heldpful if you want to design a website. Its easy to understnd how it works...and there are many tutorials in the world wide web!

What do you think about this programme???
Th3St1ck
I like macromedia products alot!
For web designing i like Macromedia Dreamweaver.
I also like Fireworks for image editing, but i like Adobe Photoshop CS 2 more.
photographerguy
I learned Photoshop first. I don't really like Fireworks. I can use Photoshop and Illustrator to do anything Fireworks can. I just don't see the point in using it when I have Adobe PS and IL. I really like Dreamweaver and Flash Pro.

I use Fireworks sometimes when doing web graphics, it seems to optimize better, especially for .png
faker_phil
photographerguy wrote:
I learned Photoshop first.

I did it just the other way. At school, we had a course where you were introduced / trained in all the macromedia products. (Flash, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, FreeHand). I like them alot, and I like Fireworks even better than Photoshop. I love the way the macromedia products all work together, they pass files right through to each other.
Josso
photographerguy wrote:
I learned Photoshop first. I don't really like Fireworks. I can use Photoshop and Illustrator to do anything Fireworks can. I just don't see the point in using it when I have Adobe PS and IL. I really like Dreamweaver and Flash Pro.

I use Fireworks sometimes when doing web graphics, it seems to optimize better, especially for .png

Yeah exactly the same for me. I use it occasionly just for optimizations sake. I have the full MX studio and I found this not very useful and I don't think I actually installed it this time. I use Dreamweaver and MX flash a lot though from the package.
healyrj
I agree with faker_phil. The great strength of the Macromedia (now Adobe) group of products is that they work so well with each other. If you are designing a website, the graphics can be designed with Fireworks, Freehand. The HTML can be done with Dreamweaver. Any fancy effects can be done with Flash.
{name here}
I found fireworks to be the best image editor for me. Pixel, PSP, GIMP, and others I have tried, but none gave me the interface the fireworks gave me to become competent with graphics.
budazz
i prefer Adobe Photoshop cs2 than fireworkx though it is a good program also... i love dreamweaver also
internetjobs
macromedia firework is good when we design website with dreamweaver and flash..
PseudoKnight
If my image was for the web, I'd always use Fireworks. Otherwise I'd use Photoshop. But now that I'm using Image Ready I've found less and less use for Fireworks. It's definetly superior in getting things done quick and easy for the web, though. I highly recommend the program.
Georgeboy
All my "drawings", read gif-files, I make with Fireworks. It's very easy in use and it makes nice graphics for the www. If I have to make a photocompilation or something else with a jpg extension, I prefer Photoshop.

Greetz
engehab
thanx alot ya man
CyanEyed
i learned photoshop first as well because i had on my laptop and school will be teaching me how to use the macromedia set nezxt year. i already use Dreamweaver 8 and ive got flash and fireworks 8 as well. the other day i playin around with fireworks and i quite enjoyed messing with the filters (especially splat) but i couldnt make anything else although i can see its potential.

and to pick on a point by healyrj, Macromedia is now Adobe so photoshop and fireworks are probably gonna merge and provide almost exactly the same thing soon.
Xcelerate
I like Fireworks quite well. For one thing, it is more simplistic than Photoshop, which means it seems easier to do small jobs in. (Of course, it's not as powerful, but sometimes you don't need that much.)
japasco
The FW soft is a great way to optimize web images, its easy to learn and have great support from Adobe website. Other option is the Photopaint from Corel Suite.

Regards,
htmlrules
I think all the new macromedia products are grea, they are so easy to understand and can make any website from god to great