FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Nintendo DS





phinguyen
i have been a psp fan since day one, i feel i'm loyal to sony and those who own a ps2 and or psp probebly feel the same way, we love our games with instense graphix, awesome gameplay, twisted storylines and we all wanna experience it on a huge screen, thus the psp would be our choice of handheld. i admit i was very stubborn about the NDS until i actually sat down and played it and i've have to say that it is a great system, the games have an extremely good replay value and the gameplay is great. the graphix are not, but the gaming itself is fantastic, and i thinq fer all the gamers out there that lived through the age when atari and 64comadore would agree that gameplay comes first and graphix come second. i do own a PSP with 1.5 firmware so yes i am aware of homebrew and love it, but i also own a NDS and plan on soon getting a ninjads to take advantage of NDS homebrew as well. but i'd have to say that i find myself playing with my gurlfriends DS more than my PSP. anyone else out there feeling the same? or anyone out there completely against what i'm saying? just curious.
linkman2004
I completely agree on the DS. Smile I don't own a PSP, nor have I ever really played one, though. Razz
rightclickscott
Well, I own a DS and I've played on the PSP, and I have to say that the DS is more fun. Why? Because this is not opinion, this is a proven fact* that the DS has so many more better games than the PSP.

(*May actually be opinion, but the opinion of millions of gamers, no doubt.)
TeenZine
I herd a nintendo dc sucks to the ^10 of infinenty. It is week compaired to the psp.
diddle
its true that the psp is a better system with more than one use. Its made well and can handle and play pretty good graphics. It can play movies, music, and go online. DS cant really do most of this stuff, but for some reason. PSP has no games that are even worth buying, its best usued to download porn. DS has games that will keep you entertained for a long time.
PSP:
Cons:
Costs Way too Much
Games are mostly boring. (only game I find entertaining is Socom and.......)
If you drop it, you will cry.
Pros:
----------------
Really Nice Graphics for a Portable
Can Go online
Can play Music
Can play Movies
-----------------
DS:
Cons:
--------------
Gameboy Adv. Graphics (for most games, but the 3d is pretty bad)
--------------
Pros:
--------------
Lose wait in your hands and arms just by playing!
Pretty Good Price
Fun Entertaining Games
New WiFi Capabilities.
New Lyte Version makes the DS "Portable"
--------------

I'd Say both of them are really good systems, but at the moment the DS is the best buy.
driftingfe3s
I totally understand. My friend has both and he hardly touches his PSP. He brings his DS around with him all the time. If I were to choose between the two I'd get the DS. There are simply more fun games to play on it.
Whong
TeenZine wrote:
I herd a nintendo dc sucks to the ^10 of infinenty. It is week compaired to the psp.


People say thing, but the truth is that though you can listen to music and watch DVDs on the PSP, it still lacks the fun of the DS! You can use the stylus on your DS, it has a microphone and it can be connected wirelessly to the Wii.

DS has a whole bunch of great games and there are coming a whole bunch more!

I own a DS and can say that it really is a treat, it is very much fun to play on it and I wouldn't change it for the PSP for any reason Exclamation Wink Idea
rightclickscott
Guys, everything that you guys are saying now has already been said on this forum, let's not start another DS vs. PSP war. People who own PSP's say the DS sucks while people who own DS's say that the PSP sucks. I've played both of them, and they are both great, but I prefer the DS over the PSP, and that's my opinion. There are already tons of DS vs. PSP threads on this board where I fear to tread, well, not fear, more like "I don't want to get caught up in a stupid arguement about two things which are equally fun." People, there is no point to this. If you haven't played a DS, then play a DS. If you haven't played a PSP, then play a PSP. You can't say that one sucks over the other if you haven't even played it yet. Just stop this thread before it turns into another WHY PSP SUCKS or DS BLOWS ****** thread.
Whong
rightclickscott wrote:
Guys, everything that you guys are saying now has already been said on this forum, let's not start another DS vs. PSP war. People who own PSP's say the DS sucks while people who own DS's say that the PSP sucks. I've played both of them, and they are both great, but I prefer the DS over the PSP, and that's my opinion. There are already tons of DS vs. PSP threads on this board where I fear to tread, well, not fear, more like "I don't want to get caught up in a stupid arguement about two things which are equally fun." People, there is no point to this. If you haven't played a DS, then play a DS. If you haven't played a PSP, then play a PSP. You can't say that one sucks over the other if you haven't even played it yet. Just stop this thread before it turns into another WHY PSP SUCKS or DS BLOWS **** thread.


Yeah, that is true Exclamation Opinions are one's own and can't really be argued about! I haven't ever played the PSP so I won't comment anything on that. I own a DS and can say that it is really great! Wink

The thing is that people sometimes make a big thing out of nothing! But so do I sometimes! Embarassed
rightclickscott
Whong wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
Guys, everything that you guys are saying now has already been said on this forum, let's not start another DS vs. PSP war. People who own PSP's say the DS sucks while people who own DS's say that the PSP sucks. I've played both of them, and they are both great, but I prefer the DS over the PSP, and that's my opinion. There are already tons of DS vs. PSP threads on this board where I fear to tread, well, not fear, more like "I don't want to get caught up in a stupid arguement about two things which are equally fun." People, there is no point to this. If you haven't played a DS, then play a DS. If you haven't played a PSP, then play a PSP. You can't say that one sucks over the other if you haven't even played it yet. Just stop this thread before it turns into another WHY PSP SUCKS or DS BLOWS **** thread.


Yeah, that is true Exclamation Opinions are one's own and can't really be argued about! I haven't ever played the PSP so I won't comment anything on that. I own a DS and can say that it is really great! Wink

The thing is that people sometimes make a big thing out of nothing! But so do I sometimes! Embarassed


Exactly. I would probably want to spend hours on debating religion with you, but it wouldn't accomplish anything. I mean, I may think "maybe I can get him to see my side of the spectrum if even for a second," but that doesn't mean my ideas are right and yours are wrong, or vice versa. Please, if you don't have anything worth posting about commenting on one side of the arguement without any experience with the other side, then don't even bother posting. In the eyes of people better educated about both sides, you shouldn't even be playing games.

TeenZine wrote:
I herd a nintendo dc sucks to the ^10 of infinenty. It is week compaired to the psp.


This is exactly what I'm talking about, your making a comment about the DS about it being weak when you haven't even grasped it's power with your own hands. They are both equally good systems, and I've said it before, the DS is my pick, but I'm not going to try to jam my opinions down your throat. You should learn about the other side and play a DS before you say is sucks, because what you have is sheer ignorance. No wonder why so many don't like you, Teenzine...
ansysic
The concept of the Nintendo DS is focused on gameplay. And thats what i like. Playing mario kart for example is much more fun than need for speed on a psp.
Need for Speed: You hope to win a race
Mario Kart: You hope to finish a race
Very Happy
Whong
ansysic wrote:
The concept of the Nintendo DS is focused on gameplay. And thats what i like. Playing mario kart for example is much more fun than need for speed on a psp.
Need for Speed: You hope to win a race
Mario Kart: You hope to finish a race
Very Happy


I've played Mario Kart DS just once. Is it a good game, is it like Mario Kart Double Dash?

Mario Karts have always been good games!
phinguyen
yeah, i started this thread to see if there were any other gamers out there like me that do own both systems and see who prefers which when owning both. hope that wasnt too hard to follow. but yeah, i do own both and since i got my DS Lite (yes i was one of the few that broke US street date by more than 10 days) i seem to keep commin baq to my DS and my psp just sits there waiting on sum1 to figure out how to play 2.6 games on a 1.5. i used to say that the psp was jus too damn sexy to not have and that the DS looked prehistoric but now that i got my hands on a DS Lite, they both are lookin very refined.

sorry guys i didnt wanna try and start a PSP vs DS, i jus wanned to see how many people here owned both and which one they prefer. Very Happy
clownkiller
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad
Whong
clownkiller wrote:
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad


Well of course it is your choice, but are graphics really so important to you? Well, do as you wish! I would say that DS has good graphics, of course not as good as the PSP, but better than N64! Idea
linkman2004
clownkiller wrote:
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad

I don't buy games simply for the graphics, I buy them because their fun. That's not saying that I'll buy a game with really pathetic graphics either, though. For me, there's a balance between the two. I want good gameplay, but I also want good graphics. But In the end it all comes down to graphics. That's why all those old NES games are so fun. Wink

Besides, I wouldn't say that the DS's graphics were bad, 'not as good' is a better term for it. Metroid Prime Hunters is an excellent example of graphics on the DS. Mario Kart is also really, really good looking.
rightclickscott
clownkiller wrote:
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad


What the hell kind of logic is that!? Are you some kind of moron? Graphics are not everything about a game, it's all about gameplay. Are the classic mario games bad because they have bad graphics? Does pacman suck because it doesn't might your graphical requirements!? Graphics can be pretty important, especially if you work at Square Enix or Valve, but when it comes to handheld systems, graphics have always been the last thing that I think about, and the fact that you think the DS is worth selling for a PSP just because of graphics makes you a complete nub. Follow your own signature's advice and may Satan f*ck you, may he f*ck you right up the *ss. I can't stand idiots like you.
driftingfe3s
clownkiller wrote:
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad


What games did you have for the DS and what games are you going to play on the PSP?

I really can't beleive anyone who's actually played with both a PSP and a DS would trade thier DS in for a PSP. Sure the graphics are better but the DS has a better library of games.
Whong
driftingfe3s wrote:
clownkiller wrote:
i am saving 4 a used psp i selled my ds cause the graphics are way to bad


What games did you have for the DS and what games are you going to play on the PSP?

I really can't beleive anyone who's actually played with both a PSP and a DS would trade thier DS in for a PSP. Sure the graphics are better but the DS has a better library of games.


I must agree with you there driftingfe3s! Idea I haven't played the PSP but what I've seen the PSP is just more like a phone, I mean you can surf the net listen to music and watch videos etc. Playing with the DS is great because it has the touch screen and microphone. It is something that makes it so innovative and really fun to play! Wink Idea

I'm not telling that PSP sucks, I'm just telling that DS has those things that make it the better one of them! Idea
phinguyen
ok, so now i consider my PSP as an open source console that i can put in my pocket since i will never upgrade it (keeping all homebrew available) and the apps for the PSP ryte now the apps are just not cutting it (especially when i'm not a fan of GTA) and on top of that the only game that stays in my PSP is a launch title (lumines of course) but i still love the system, its sleek, sexy, powerful, and for earlier owners like me its a multi-tasker, people who own/owned a PSP and dont kno about the homebrew scene shouldnt judge from the hardware, but to be fair, the psp has some sorry titles and its been over a year since launch. to me, homebrew is all that is keeping faith to loyal PSP gamers like myself. gotta love that screen and watchin moviez on it (although UMD format is die'n)

i still find myself comming baq to my DS lite, and playing mid-grade grafix with really innovative gameplay games. except for animal crossing, that game is sooo booring and dull, but for some reason i find my self playin it everyday lolz. but mario kart DS, new super mario, tetris, metroid prime hunters, animal crossing, and brain age are some titles you should check out before trading in your DS. i reccomend having both the DS and PSP because they as different as BLACK AND WHITE (lolz get it? DS lite - PSP, nevermind =P ) but only if you get into the homebrew scene.
Whong
phinguyen wrote:
ok, so now i consider my PSP as an open source console that i can put in my pocket since i will never upgrade it (keeping all homebrew available) and the apps for the PSP ryte now the apps are just not cutting it (especially when i'm not a fan of GTA) and on top of that the only game that stays in my PSP is a launch title (lumines of course) but i still love the system, its sleek, sexy, powerful, and for earlier owners like me its a multi-tasker, people who own/owned a PSP and dont kno about the homebrew scene shouldnt judge from the hardware, but to be fair, the psp has some sorry titles and its been over a year since launch. to me, homebrew is all that is keeping faith to loyal PSP gamers like myself. gotta love that screen and watchin moviez on it (although UMD format is die'n)

i still find myself comming baq to my DS lite, and playing mid-grade grafix with really innovative gameplay games. except for animal crossing, that game is sooo booring and dull, but for some reason i find my self playin it everyday lolz. but mario kart DS, new super mario, tetris, metroid prime hunters, animal crossing, and brain age are some titles you should check out before trading in your DS. i reccomend having both the DS and PSP because they as different as BLACK AND WHITE (lolz get it? DS lite - PSP, nevermind =P ) but only if you get into the homebrew scene.


Yeah, thats right! They are very different. And I think that it is good that they are different! Wink Idea
time_ar
well, i don't find handheld systems that attractive. it's easy to get tired and get uncomfortable after a short while for me.
Whong
time_ar wrote:
well, i don't find handheld systems that attractive. it's easy to get tired and get uncomfortable after a short while for me.


Well, for me its my eyes that get tired Exclamation

That is really annoying! It is because of the small screens of the console and also because you have to be so close to it! Idea
raph76
i don't know
rightclickscott
raph76 wrote:
i don't know


Dude, that's spamming. If you don't have anything better to say about this topic, then don't say anything at all. Spamming is so annoying.
Cthulhuman
Yea I own both a PSP and a DS and I've got one thing to say: Game developers need to make thier systems more durable. Those of you who saw the pics of my psp, know how screwed up that one got. It's not Sony's fault that my little brother stepped on my psp but my ds just crapped out for no reason and all they could do is sell me another one for half price. The left shoulder button just stopped working on it for no apparent reason. idk I guess I just have bad luck with game systems. My disk drive in both of the ps2's that I've had have also gone out and are picky about the games that they read. I just think that big corporations like sony and nintendo should have better quality systems.
Whong
Cthulhuman wrote:
Yea I own both a PSP and a DS and I've got one thing to say: Game developers need to make thier systems more durable. Those of you who saw the pics of my psp, know how screwed up that one got. It's not Sony's fault that my little brother stepped on my psp but my ds just crapped out for no reason and all they could do is sell me another one for half price. The left shoulder button just stopped working on it for no apparent reason. idk I guess I just have bad luck with game systems. My disk drive in both of the ps2's that I've had have also gone out and are picky about the games that they read. I just think that big corporations like sony and nintendo should have better quality systems.


Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.
linexpert
I just bought a ds lite. The only reason (my opinion) that i was planning to get a psp was because of the wi-fi capabilities. Now that the ds is getting opera i really have no need for a psp. I don't really need a system to watch my movies, music , or pictures.
The reason i like ds is because of the games and the touch pad. Nintendo always thinks outside the box. I know some of you may call mario childish but that's what games are supposed to be. You're supposed to have fun with games not go arround shooting at cops(no offece to gta fans).
RoughitforGreen247
I own a DS and so I might be a little biased, but from what I have seen, and the people I have talked to, the PSP gets old really fast. Of the people I know who have PSPs, the only thing I ever see them doing with them is listening to music. The internet on either machine is not going to be that useful, because you have to be near a wireless router in either case. If it were truly portable, and this may happen someday soon, it would be a very good feature, but as it is, it's just for brag. The internet gameplay is different. I have played it with friends and on random play and apart from the friend code system I have not had a thing to complain about.

The only person I know who is actually happy with is PSP is someone who downloaded hundreds of roms, and has yet to buy a game for it.

Also, the graphics are not that bad, I've played both and the 3d engines between well-designed DS games like Hunters, and PSP games really isn't that large.
Whong
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
I own a DS and so I might be a little biased, but from what I have seen, and the people I have talked to, the PSP gets old really fast. Of the people I know who have PSPs, the only thing I ever see them doing with them is listening to music. The internet on either machine is not going to be that useful, because you have to be near a wireless router in either case. If it were truly portable, and this may happen someday soon, it would be a very good feature, but as it is, it's just for brag. The internet gameplay is different. I have played it with friends and on random play and apart from the friend code system I have not had a thing to complain about.

The only person I know who is actually happy with is PSP is someone who downloaded hundreds of roms, and has yet to buy a game for it.

Also, the graphics are not that bad, I've played both and the 3d engines between well-designed DS games like Hunters, and PSP games really isn't that large.


Yeah! Thats right and the graphics of the DS are way better than N64, and I myself wouldn't call the graphics of the N64 bad either! Of course now a days since the graphics are so much better most people would go and say that N64 has bad graphics, but I still like them!
Marco
whong, you seem to be really pro-nintendo and really anti-playstation Very Happy
RoughitforGreen247
This is just a question on the subject, but do you guys think that it is worth trading in a DS for a DS lite? I am really hesitant to do so because the only real hardware changes are battery life (which really isn't an issue on the basic DS, being over 10 hours) and brighter backlight which I've definitely never had any trouble with despite playing frequently in near pitch darkness. The main thing for me would be the weight. Some people who've played it says its incredibly different, but do you guys think its different enought to be worth the price? I doubt ill get it, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.
Whong
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
This is just a question on the subject, but do you guys think that it is worth trading in a DS for a DS lite? I am really hesitant to do so because the only real hardware changes are battery life (which really isn't an issue on the basic DS, being over 10 hours) and brighter backlight which I've definitely never had any trouble with despite playing frequently in near pitch darkness. The main thing for me would be the weight. Some people who've played it says its incredibly different, but do you guys think its different enought to be worth the price? I doubt ill get it, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.


In my opinion you would be just trowing money away by doing so. DS lite is smaller and a bit better I guess but I would not. I have DS and am not planning to trade it for a lite version. But do as you see best, but you can't really get much money out of a DS! Idea
rightclickscott
Whong wrote:
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
This is just a question on the subject, but do you guys think that it is worth trading in a DS for a DS lite? I am really hesitant to do so because the only real hardware changes are battery life (which really isn't an issue on the basic DS, being over 10 hours) and brighter backlight which I've definitely never had any trouble with despite playing frequently in near pitch darkness. The main thing for me would be the weight. Some people who've played it says its incredibly different, but do you guys think its different enought to be worth the price? I doubt ill get it, but I'm curious to see what you guys think.


In my opinion you would be just trowing money away by doing so. DS lite is smaller and a bit better I guess but I would not. I have DS and am not planning to trade it for a lite version. But do as you see best, but you can't really get much money out of a DS! Idea


That is true, but the DS Lite does cost just as much as the DS did when it came out, and maybe still does. I would trade it in if I wasn't so goddamn lazy.
phinguyen
i managed to get my DSlite (DSL) 2 weex early thanks to target, and my gurfriend was able to return her DS (full refund, dont ask me how) and got her DSL on the 11th. i found that her hold DS was bulky, heavy, and the screens were a little harder to see, since the DSL is brighter its more visable during the day, and since its slim and sexy my gurl seems to be carrying it around everywhere, and i find my self jus throwin in in my pocket, when we only had the original DS we were both hesitant to take it anywhere since it was so bulky. i personally like the DSL way better, and it got me buy one partially because of the redesign.

as for my PSP, yes, it does sit there and collect dust, and the only thing i have planned for it is watch some umds on an upcomming roadtrip. and me and my gurls DSLs we're playing them hours a day, mario kart, animal x-ing, brain academy, etc, great apps.
Whong
Marco wrote:
whong, you seem to be really pro-nintendo and really anti-playstation Very Happy


Well, you could say that! Laughing Idea I've never really liked Playstation, I do play at some of friends' place, but am not planing on buying one. Sega was the only other console that I seemed right at home with. I never had a Sega though, I've always sticked with Nintendo and believe that I always will! Laughing Very Happy Wink Idea
Scaramanga
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the PSP in a thread ABOUT the DS. You want to talk about how great you think the PSP, go talk about it in the PSP thread, not here.

That being said, I'm going to pick up a DS Lite just before AX so I'll have something to do when I'm waiting in line. Very Happy
rightclickscott
Scaramanga wrote:
I don't understand why people keep bringing up the PSP in a thread ABOUT the DS. You want to talk about how great you think the PSP, go talk about it in the PSP thread, not here.

That being said, I'm going to pick up a DS Lite just before AX so I'll have something to do when I'm waiting in line. Very Happy


It's because the PSP is the DS's major competitor, and no matter how many times you ask the people no to, some dick is going to come in and start talking about the PSP in a DS thread. Besides, the PSP was half of the first thread.
linkman2004
You have to talk about the PSP at some point, considering, as rightclickscott said, it is the DS's major competitor. They just shouldn't come in here with their "PSP is t3h pwn, DS is t3h sux0rz" adittude.
jarcelao
Hey guys! I need an advice here!

I want to buy a DS for my 3 year old toddler son. Can you recommend a game which he could enjoy playing? Wink

Thanks! Smile
Whong
jarcelao wrote:
Hey guys! I need an advice here!

I want to buy a DS for my 3 year old toddler son. Can you recommend a game which he could enjoy playing? Wink

Thanks! Smile


I would recomend Super Mario 64 DS, or New Super Mario Bros. Those are games that I think your 3 year old could pretty well play. 3 year old in my opinion is a bit too young still to play, but if you want to buy him one I'm not here to stop you.

Please take the following as friendly advice and not as a command or something negative. I would wait untill he is about 6-7 years old, let him enjoy his childhood by playing around in the sandbox or running around the field or what ever he likes to do. Once he grows bigger and goes to school, plays and games that kids play will soon perish and he might not be that interested in sports or outside hobbies. Now that he is small and full with energy, let him play and use his energy. He will have a lot of time to play when he is older! Wink Idea

NOTE! This is just my opinion, but do as you see best! Wink Idea
matttai
I normally would not have considered getting a DS but then a few things triggered my interest. Firstly i had a gameboy micro in black which i love and still play Smile I am an avid "black" fan and have all my computers, consoles and peripherals in black.

What stopped me from getting the DS was because of its size and colour, so i went with the GB Micro. But now i found that Europe has got the DS Lite Black! Which is perfectly what i want, as it is now basically an upgraded GB Micro for me.

To make things even better, i have seen an E3 report on one of my favourite games of all time : Snk vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash being made for the DS.
This game was out for the NeoGeo Pocket Colour and i love it to death.

So now i have gone from not wanting a DS to wanting one very badly Smile

There is nothing on the PSP at the moment that makes me want to buy one (although i may consider because i have heard a Gran Turismo for PSP is in development) but what puts me off is the short battery on it :/ I love the big screen but then it doesnt fit in my pocket either so its really personal preference.
Fire Boar
Whong wrote:
Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.


Here's a quality test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWFpZ7DksI

And this is great just for a laugh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4150622241712103115

Enjoy some quality viewing!
rightclickscott
jarcelao wrote:
Hey guys! I need an advice here!

I want to buy a DS for my 3 year old toddler son. Can you recommend a game which he could enjoy playing? Wink

Thanks! Smile


If you want to give him anything, I would say Nintendogs, but it still seems like it's abit too advanced for him. You should look for some games online with the Early Childhood ESRB rating, but you won't find anything that's made for kids that are 3 years old. If you want something to keep up with the slow pace of a child, I would say the new Resident Evil port, and that, of course, is a joke, don't buy this game, by all means. If you are getting a DS, be sure to find games you can both enjoy, because it's really not made for toddlers. You should play Meteos with him instead of giving it to him on a car ride. Besides, he would probably swallow the stylis if you aren't paying enough attention to him. I don't know, I may be underestimating his thinking ability, but it's better to be safe than sorry. Buy the DS for yourself now and give it to him when he's older. Oh, and no matter how cute it is, Animal Crossing: Wild World may be way too deep for him, unless he's a clever kid, it's not the best thing you want to get him. After all, I bet you are still occupied with buying property, so why put your kid in the same boat? I don't know, just go with Nintendogs, it's cute and kid friendly.
Whong
Fire Boar wrote:
Whong wrote:
Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.


Here's a quality test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWFpZ7DksI

And this is great just for a laugh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4150622241712103115

Enjoy some quality viewing!


Thanks man! That was a very nice of you to search it! Thanks!
Marco
Fire Boar wrote:
Whong wrote:
Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.


Here's a quality test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWFpZ7DksI

And this is great just for a laugh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4150622241712103115

Enjoy some quality viewing!


... oke, a console was meant to play games... not to withstand extreme conditions Very Happy .

anyway, 3 days ago I bought my nintendo DS lite black... still have to wait for good games though Confused
Whong
Marco wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:
Whong wrote:
Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.


Here's a quality test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWFpZ7DksI

And this is great just for a laugh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4150622241712103115

Enjoy some quality viewing!


... oke, a console was meant to play games... not to withstand extreme conditions Very Happy .

anyway, 3 days ago I bought my nintendo DS lite black... still have to wait for good games though Confused


Why don't you buy Super Mario 64 DS or Metroid Prime Hunters.
They are good games!

I'd recomend!
Fire Boar
Whong wrote:
Marco wrote:
Fire Boar wrote:
Whong wrote:
Nintendo's quality has always been top! It has been tested with GameCube, PS2 and XBox. Xbox broke right away, then PS2 and Nintendo didn't break at all. The test was first they droped the consoles down, then they droped a ten kg weight on them something else too, I can't remember.


Here's a quality test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUWFpZ7DksI

And this is great just for a laugh:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4150622241712103115

Enjoy some quality viewing!


... oke, a console was meant to play games... not to withstand extreme conditions Very Happy .

anyway, 3 days ago I bought my nintendo DS lite black... still have to wait for good games though Confused


Why don't you buy Super Mario 64 DS or Metroid Prime Hunters.
They are good games!

I'd recomend!

SM64 is great IMO, but it doesn't float everyone's boat and is a bit pointless if you've already got it on N64. MP:H is one of the best DS games out there. Wario Ware: Touched is absolutely fantastic; you have to play it to believe it. It needs amazing reactions and there's HUGE incentive to play it again, it's just a shame about the lack of multiplayer.

What else is there? Animal Crossing: Wild World is great from what I've heard, although I've never played it and so can't give you a personal opinion. Meteos is bordering on the original magic of Tetris: a must-have if you like puzzle games. Proper RPGs on the DS are a bit scarce at the moment, although Zelda: Phantom Hourglass is coming soon and though that isn't a proper RPG, it will definitely be worth snapping up unless for some reason you have a pet dislike of Zelda.

Plenty of great DS games out there. And if you still want more choice, play some GBA games using the cartridge slot. Fire Emblem, Metroid Fusion, Zelda: Minish Cap and hundreds more quality games.

Have fun!
linexpert
What do you guys think of Opera for ds?
http://blog.experts.frih.net/?p=6
Whong
linexpert wrote:
What do you guys think of Opera for ds?
http://blog.experts.frih.net/?p=6


I think it is good, but the thing is that there will be people programming viruses for DS and Wii as there have been for the PC and now even for the Mobile Phones. That is really stupid of people to do it! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Mad Idea
RoughitforGreen247
To be honest I think that the opera for the DS is going to be pointless. Definitely not worth the money if it does cost money. I mean, if you are that desperate for mobile web, than get a cell phone with it. The limitations (need to be near a hotspot) just make it completely unviable. If you stop and think when you'd acutally use it and wouldn't have the opportunity to use a nearby computer, it really comes down to never. Now the DS television thing they are coming out with looks pretty crazy, might get that if it isn't a lot of money.
Whong
RoughitforGreen247 wrote:
To be honest I think that the opera for the DS is going to be pointless. Definitely not worth the money if it does cost money. I mean, if you are that desperate for mobile web, than get a cell phone with it. The limitations (need to be near a hotspot) just make it completely unviable. If you stop and think when you'd acutally use it and wouldn't have the opportunity to use a nearby computer, it really comes down to never. Now the DS television thing they are coming out with looks pretty crazy, might get that if it isn't a lot of money.


Yeah, I think the Opera will be way better for Wii than for DS!

Well, we'll just have to wait and see how the Opera will work out with Wii and DS!
matttai
how is web browsing supposed to work for the DS anyway? there isnt exactly a keyboard...
i'm expecting it will be extremely unwieldy
m_furquan36
Yup the DS is a lot of fun...has cool games and stuff..its more of a fun system while the psp is like not so cool on games but videos and stuff...depends on the persons veiw towards a console machine... Smile
izimngcubes15
I own both PSP and Nintendo DS. However, I find myself playing with my DS more than I do with my PSP. I spend time on my DS rather than listening to music on PSP, it just proves that innovation just doesn't bore you.
Hammerfall288
I too own a DS and I have to say its been more than enough to satisfy my gaming needs. also, it was cheap. the games are cheap. I dont have a very high paying job and I dont really get great hours, so im shooting for cheap. The (best) games I have right now are castlevania:AoS and Mario Kart. Mario kart really takes advantage of the Wi-Fi system that the DS has to offer, and I would suggest it to anyone. maybe if I find a job that pays higher than minimum wage ill get a PSP.. but as of now im saving for a new computer :\
willywonka
I think spending over 300$ for something you can hold in your hand is pointless. I mean a computer is something that almost everybody needs, but you don't need to sit almost every hour of the day playing a stupid game.. i mean i play baseball but atleast that is something with people and you get somethign out of it that will help you in life, i mean games dont' do anythign for you.
Kelcey
willywonka wrote:
I think spending over 300$ for something you can hold in your hand is pointless. I mean a computer is something that almost everybody needs, but you don't need to sit almost every hour of the day playing a stupid game.. i mean i play baseball but atleast that is something with people and you get somethign out of it that will help you in life, i mean games dont' do anythign for you.


Are you arguing about consoles in general or just portables? (Not being sarcastic or arguing whatsoever... just curious Smile)
The Czar
Those People Who Choose Either Sony Or Nintendo Are Arrogantish. Sorry.

People Should Do What I Do ...

Buy Both And Say That Both Are Nice. That Way People Don't Offend The Arrogantish Fans ...

Most People Have Already Done This I Think ...
phinguyen
i dont think many people out there are wealthy enough to own both, but i do own both and i agree that they are both great systems, the only thing that they have in common is that they are handhelds but everything else is way too different to be fair to compare. like comparing different class cars or cars with trucks. i do admit that my ds gets more attention these dayz just because of the firmware updates for psp.
Whong
phinguyen wrote:
i dont think many people out there are wealthy enough to own both, but i do own both and i agree that they are both great systems, the only thing that they have in common is that they are handhelds but everything else is way too different to be fair to compare. like comparing different class cars or cars with trucks. i do admit that my ds gets more attention these dayz just because of the firmware updates for psp.


Well yes, I agree with you that they can't really be compared to each other much, but still thinks like games, graphics and fun of playing can still be so they are still comparable!

DS Rulez! Wink Idea
ddukki
Why did they come out with a DS lite? I think it's pretty much the same size as the DS Regular ... Maybe a little lighter, but I think the SP for the Advanced was a smarter deal than this.
driftingfe3s
ddukki wrote:
Why did they come out with a DS lite? I think it's pretty much the same size as the DS Regular ... Maybe a little lighter, but I think the SP for the Advanced was a smarter deal than this.


I think it looks much sleeker. The everything about it's new style is much better then the original DS in my opinion.
Whong
driftingfe3s wrote:
ddukki wrote:
Why did they come out with a DS lite? I think it's pretty much the same size as the DS Regular ... Maybe a little lighter, but I think the SP for the Advanced was a smarter deal than this.


I think it looks much sleeker. The everything about it's new style is much better then the original DS in my opinion.


I've never seen the DS Lite at close, but I think that it is much smaller and makes it easier to take along with you. The PSP is too long, in width!

Wink
The Czar
The DS lite looks cool and I did regret buying the DS early because if I had waited, I would havegotten the lite.
matttai
hahaha i never buy anything when it comes out new anymore. You can be garunteed that a smaller better version will always come out sooner or later.

GBA > micro
DS > DS lite
Ipod > Nano
Ibook > Macbook

whose banking a PSP "lite" will be out soon? Rolling Eyes
Whong
matttai wrote:
hahaha i never buy anything when it comes out new anymore. You can be garunteed that a smaller better version will always come out sooner or later.

GBA > micro
DS > DS lite
Ipod > Nano
Ibook > Macbook

whose banking a PSP "lite" will be out soon? Rolling Eyes


You forgot to mention GBA SP! Wink Idea

But then again for consoles like GameCube there comes Bundle Packs every now and then! Idea
Shadow03
Yet another system that nintendo screwed up on. Yes, the games are fun especially New Super Mario Bros., but I do NOT consider DS a 3D system. Why? Because they keep making rediculous 2d games. I mean Brain Age Academy, Pokemon Trozei, tetris, Come on! There should be a pokemon colliseum for DS rather than a stupid pokemon puzzle game. Tetris is actually fine since it is for every system, but it shouldn't be a main game. I'm not even going to mention Brain Age so let's get to nintendogs. I played a demo for a few seconds, and it looked pretty good, but the best game in my opinion is Metroid. It is like playing quake 3 for ds. Great game, but in all DS is crap.
Hanpusu-kun
Shadow03 wrote:
Yet another system that nintendo screwed up on. Yes, the games are fun especially New Super Mario Bros., but I do NOT consider DS a 3D system. Why? Because they keep making rediculous 2d games. I mean Brain Age Academy, Pokemon Trozei, tetris, Come on! There should be a pokemon colliseum for DS rather than a stupid pokemon puzzle game. Tetris is actually fine since it is for every system, but it shouldn't be a main game. I'm not even going to mention Brain Age so let's get to nintendogs. I played a demo for a few seconds, and it looked pretty good, but the best game in my opinion is Metroid. It is like playing quake 3 for ds. Great game, but in all DS is crap.



We have splitted thoughts about that.
Yes, sure the DS have a lot of 2D games, but there are also games in 3D.
The exact same with the PSP.
BUT, just because it has a lot of 2D games it doesnt make the console crappy?

It people like you who are called "graphic-******", who doesnt care aoput the gameplay, but just the graphics.

God I dont like people like you -____-
driftingfe3s
Shadow03 wrote:
Yet another system that nintendo screwed up on. Yes, the games are fun especially New Super Mario Bros., but I do NOT consider DS a 3D system. Why? Because they keep making rediculous 2d games. I mean Brain Age Academy, Pokemon Trozei, tetris, Come on! There should be a pokemon colliseum for DS rather than a stupid pokemon puzzle game. Tetris is actually fine since it is for every system, but it shouldn't be a main game. I'm not even going to mention Brain Age so let's get to nintendogs. I played a demo for a few seconds, and it looked pretty good, but the best game in my opinion is Metroid. It is like playing quake 3 for ds. Great game, but in all DS is crap.


If Nintendo screwed up why are DS Lites selling like crazy? I had to go to 3 stores to get mine cuase they were sold out, my brother had to go to 4. Take a look at the top selling items on Ebay and Amazon, what is it? NINTENDO DS LITES and NINTENDO DS LITE GAMES!

If you like the PSP better than the DS, fine, your entitled to your opinion. But if you want to make a ridiculious claim at least back it up with something that makes sense.
Whong
driftingfe3s wrote:
Shadow03 wrote:
Yet another system that nintendo screwed up on. Yes, the games are fun especially New Super Mario Bros., but I do NOT consider DS a 3D system. Why? Because they keep making rediculous 2d games. I mean Brain Age Academy, Pokemon Trozei, tetris, Come on! There should be a pokemon colliseum for DS rather than a stupid pokemon puzzle game. Tetris is actually fine since it is for every system, but it shouldn't be a main game. I'm not even going to mention Brain Age so let's get to nintendogs. I played a demo for a few seconds, and it looked pretty good, but the best game in my opinion is Metroid. It is like playing quake 3 for ds. Great game, but in all DS is crap.


If Nintendo screwed up why are DS Lites selling like crazy? I had to go to 3 stores to get mine cuase they were sold out, my brother had to go to 4. Take a look at the top selling items on Ebay and Amazon, what is it? NINTENDO DS LITES and NINTENDO DS LITE GAMES!

If you like the PSP better than the DS, fine, your entitled to your opinion. But if you want to make a ridiculious claim at least back it up with something that makes sense.


That's right! People with PSPs are slowly forgetting them to the shelves because they are too busy playing DS! Let's face the facts, PSP is more powerful, but people are not looking for only power, but for fun, innovation and good gameplay! DS rules the markets and PSP isn't selling well at all!
SilverDogg
since when was 2d a bad thing? i dread the day when all games will be 3d (but wait, ps3 will produce 4d!!! DUN DUN DUN!! eehh.. back to you tom!). sure 3d is great, but 2d is wonderful. it can survive longer, and in all, it looks a lot sweeter. sure, its my opinion, but i rule so! Wink
Whong
SilverDogg wrote:
since when was 2d a bad thing? i dread the day when all games will be 3d (but wait, ps3 will produce 4d!!! DUN DUN DUN!! eehh.. back to you tom!). sure 3d is great, but 2d is wonderful. it can survive longer, and in all, it looks a lot sweeter. sure, its my opinion, but i rule so! Wink


I defenitely agree with you SilverDogg! I myself love the good old 2D Super Mario Bros games and Donkey Kong games! But 3D is a nice twist for it, but I'm glad that Nintendo hasn't completely forgotten the old 2D. New Super Mario Bros is great example of how 2D and 3D can be meshed together.

2D is still a great thing and will always be! Wink Idea
adamh1989
i like animal crossing ds
Whong
What do you guys think about Pokemon Diamond & Pearl? Are you planing on buying them?

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Here is a link to a site that I found, there is a lot of info on the upcomming games! It looks really good! Wink Idea
bassgs_17
I'm a hardcore DS fan; due to the great titles available and the innovatice touch screen. DS rocks, man!

-Aquastrike
Whong
bassgs_17 wrote:
I'm a hardcore DS fan; due to the great titles available and the innovatice touch screen. DS rocks, man!

-Aquastrike


So am I, what titles are you waiting for, just curious. Very Happy
vonboy
Whong wrote:
What do you guys think about Pokemon Diamond & Pearl? Are you planing on buying them?

of course. i love the other rpg pokemon games for the gameboys.

i know i'mm going to get flamed for liking pokemon, but i don't care.

ok, the tv shows and all those spinoff games (exept MAYBY pokemon snap) are crap. the gameboy rpgs are the only pokemon stuff that's good anymore.
Whong
vonboy wrote:

i know i'mm going to get flamed for liking pokemon, but i don't care.


I'm glad that I have 3 friends that like Pokemon games! Very few whom I know likes them anymore. They are really good stuff. Have you seen some pictures of Diamond or Pearl?

Here are some new ones! http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
vonboy
Whong wrote:

Have you seen some pictures of Diamond or Pearl?

ya, i've seen all that stuff already. have you seen that 12 video clip?(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V785FfR7CmA )it isn't much, but you can see the builings and stuff are in 3d (well, it looks like it to me)
Whong
vonboy wrote:
Whong wrote:

Have you seen some pictures of Diamond or Pearl?

ya, i've seen all that stuff already. have you seen that 12 video clip?(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V785FfR7CmA )it isn't much, but you can see the builings and stuff are in 3d (well, it looks like it to me)


Cool! I haden't seen that one before!! Wink Idea Thanks!
driftingfe3s
I played the original pokemon when it first came out and I liked it back then. I'm not so sure yet about the pokemon diamond/pearl yet becuase I haven't really read up on it. Hopefully they have made alot of good changes becuase after the the red and blue versions it was pretty much the same freaking game with just more pokemon.

I read something on Pokemon Dugeon and so far the previews look good. Hopefully diamond and pearl will be the same and have some good things about it as well.
Hanpusu-kun
Diamond and pearl is probably the first pokemon game im gonna buy since the Silver version. It looks terryfying good.

And Starfox Command must do the thing Assault didnt do.

Oh, and Final Fantasy III, its wonderful But SQUENIX still hasnt done anything about the many-year-old fighting system

Dont forget Mario Hoops 3-on-3 which looks amazing, give it me baby!

Oh, for the tech-nerds, Opera DS <3
Whong
Hanpusu-kun wrote:
Diamond and pearl is probably the first pokemon game im gonna buy since the Silver version. It looks terryfying good.

And Starfox Command must do the thing Assault didnt do.

Oh, and Final Fantasy III, its wonderful But SQUENIX still hasnt done anything about the many-year-old fighting system

Dont forget Mario Hoops 3-on-3 which looks amazing, give it me baby!

Oh, for the tech-nerds, Opera DS <3


Yeah, those are all fine games and Opera on DS, well it sound kind of interesting!
Reiji
linexpert wrote:
I just bought a ds lite. The only reason (my opinion) that i was planning to get a psp was because of the wi-fi capabilities. Now that the ds is getting opera i really have no need for a psp. I don't really need a system to watch my movies, music , or pictures.
The reason i like ds is because of the games and the touch pad. Nintendo always thinks outside the box. I know some of you may call mario childish but that's what games are supposed to be. You're supposed to have fun with games not go arround shooting at cops(no offece to gta fans).


Completely agree with you.

It is true that the PSP can do a lot of things, but remember something, we bought a videogame system, so its first priority must be videogames!
linexpert
I love the DS but was a bit worried when i found a crack on my ds hinge. I called nintendo and they were willing to fix it for free and am still a pretty big nintendo fan. Very Happy
Whong
Reiji wrote:
linexpert wrote:
I just bought a ds lite. The only reason (my opinion) that i was planning to get a psp was because of the wi-fi capabilities. Now that the ds is getting opera i really have no need for a psp. I don't really need a system to watch my movies, music , or pictures.
The reason i like ds is because of the games and the touch pad. Nintendo always thinks outside the box. I know some of you may call mario childish but that's what games are supposed to be. You're supposed to have fun with games not go arround shooting at cops(no offece to gta fans).


Completely agree with you.

It is true that the PSP can do a lot of things, but remember something, we bought a videogame system, so its first priority must be videogames!



That is exactly right! We buy consoles to play not to do all other things!
Hanpusu-kun
Whong wrote:
Reiji wrote:
linexpert wrote:
I just bought a ds lite. The only reason (my opinion) that i was planning to get a psp was because of the wi-fi capabilities. Now that the ds is getting opera i really have no need for a psp. I don't really need a system to watch my movies, music , or pictures.
The reason i like ds is because of the games and the touch pad. Nintendo always thinks outside the box. I know some of you may call mario childish but that's what games are supposed to be. You're supposed to have fun with games not go arround shooting at cops(no offece to gta fans).


Completely agree with you.

It is true that the PSP can do a lot of things, but remember something, we bought a videogame system, so its first priority must be videogames!



That is exactly right! We buy consoles to play not to do all other things!


But if a person wants to do everything on a DS you can always flash it and get a M3 or you can buy nintendos own little multimediaplayer for the NDS which name I have forgotten ^_^;
QrafTee
I just got a DS Lite recently and I do like it... I'm still waiting to get my hand on some games... I can thank MLK Day for holding up the mail... -_-
Shiine
I really wanna have the Animal Crossing for DS.
I love the GameCube Game, and this looks better, but i think im gonna w8 for the Wii version =D
marrs
I have looked into both consoles the sony psp and the nintendo ds.
The DS with the Touch screen,Wireless Communication also an embedded microphone for voice recognition was my choice for my family.
Graphically is the sony psp stronger with a powerfull spec with a high-quality TFT LCD that displays full color (16.77 million colors) on a 480 x 272 pixel high-resolution screen VS the nintendo ds dual touch screen.
I think that the psp is just too sensitive with the mini discs and the ds with its cartage's are a safer bet for me and my children.
I always wanted a psp and now i have a DS I am VERY happy,you can play ALL day without a recharge and with no known problems with dead pixels,I love it!

BUY ONE NOW
hiquality
I played both PSP and DS and I now own a psp (former GameBoy owner).
I must say that the only game that's addictive on DS and you can't find a similar one on PSP is Brain Training...
I'll stick to my PSP for the moment and maybe go for a WII later when the prices will drop
Guyon
Well the graphics on the Sony PSP are killer with no compilation in sight. But the touch control of the Nintendo DS is just so nice it is hard to beat. the games are not just pushing buttons but the totally interactivity in worth the decreased visual.

Hats off to Nintendo for coming up with such a great system!


*note* though Palm actually had it before Nintendo DS, they laced the incite to real gaming to pull it off. They pushed the business end too much and missed the boat on high end gaming. I do have games on my Palm, and some that can not be plaed anywhere else. Plus I can program my palmand make my own games. that is a feature that Nintendo DS really needs! A simple programming language and a card slot to get them in to it.
Related topics
Which is better, DS or PSP?
Playstation Protable(PSP)
Nintendo DS
Would you recommend the Nintendo DS?
The Gamespot Game of the year resulsts are out!
Dragon ball budokai 2 N-DS
Nintendo DS Friend Codes
Redesigned Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite EARLY RELEASE
Good Games for the Nintendo DS
[var]La Wii, ιxito total
[Nintendo DS]Does anyone know a pdf reader
A cool new way to use your Nintendo DS
Calling - my homebrew Nintendo DS game
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Sports and Entertainment -> Games

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.