FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Moore Sued for Misleading Interview in 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

S3nd K3ys
Iraq Vet Sues Michael Moore for Misleading Interview in 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Quote:

Quote:
In the 2003 interview, which he did at Walter Reed Army Hospital for NBC News, he discussed only a new painkiller the military was using on wounded vets.

Quote:
Damon seems to "voice complaint about the war effort" in the movie, according to the lawsuit.

Quote:
"I was complaining about the pain I would've been having [if it weren't for the painkiller]," he said.

Not only that...

Michael Moore's Bodyguard Arrested on Airport Gun Charge

Quote:

Quote:
Filmmaker Michael Moore's (search) bodyguard was arrested for carrying an unlicensed weapon in New York's JFK airport Wednesday night.

Quote:
Moore's 2003 Oscar-winning film "Bowling for Columbine" criticizes what Moore calls America's "culture of fear" and its obsession with guns.

Fat obsessed lying liberal hypocrite owned on multiple levels.
ChaosMike
Someone finally did something about that. I'm real glad. Smile

I can't remember from Journalism class, but is that libel or slander that he committed?
joshumu
I think the interviews were so obvioulsy cut and mixed you would have to be a fool to be "missled". But besides the "mixing", the facts were accurate. So i assume from the way you are presenting the situation that you have never seen the movie. But the gun charge is pretty funny.
horseatingweeds
Like, stop kicking sand in every bodies vagina / mutilated penis S3nd K3ys. Being against the war is COOL now, like don’t you know. No blood for oil and stuff. 66.6%, that is like 666 out of 100 people in the US totally are against the war now. Get with it dud.

I WISH Clinton was still press, China would most likely be ruling the US and surrounding nations and we would like so totally get to use all those cool symbols. War mongering Bush, Phhh, he just totally wanted to fight a war cuzz…. Uh, he just wanted to.

So get with it bitch!!! Maybe, in the fall like after some white middleclass Americans get slaughtered on our own soil, as long as someone gets it on tape, we will support some type of non-welfare non-isolationist patriotic forward thinking preventative maintenance anti-middle-eastern-destabilizing ideology for a couple of weeks, perhaps months with our little flags and everything. But right now man, its totally cool to trash the war effort.

Here are my favorite slogans:

The war was not planed out properly.

We failed to plan a viable exit strategy.

The war is not going well.

NO WMD found.
joshumu
Hehe. No man, you’re wrong. It’s cool now to be pro-war. Just because the Bush administration has strong financial and political ties to corporations like Halliburton (where Vice President Dick Cheney served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer from 1995 until 2000) who made billions in no-bid contracts doesn’t mean there is any connection. And the war is pretty much won and over, remember when Bush flew in on a jet with the big Mission Accomplished sign? And only 2260 soldiers have died sense then. So come on horseatingweeds, get with it. Only an estimated 100,000 civilians have died since the war started, can't you see all the good we are doing? Our soldiers are out there working hard protecting our country, like the marines in Haditha who murdered 24 evil terrorist Iraqi men, women, and children.
And that’s only the tip of the iceberg of all the 'good' we are doing. So save your traitorous thoughts for some other board horse, we don't what to hear it.

http://www.newshounds.us/2006/05/01/mission_accomplished_3_years_and_counting.php
http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/story?id=2013939&page=1
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A7967-2004Oct28.html
tidruG
Quote:
I WISH Clinton was still press, China would most likely be ruling the US and surrounding nations and we would like so totally get to use all those cool symbols. War mongering Bush, Phhh, he just totally wanted to fight a war cuzz…. Uh, he just wanted to.

I don't get it...
I've seen loads of these kind of baseless statements recently, on Frihost.
There was one started by someone that said that "If the libs were still in power, the English colonies would be returned to them" or something like that.
Oh yay to random unverifiable statements that have no basis.
Joy to the freedom of speech.
mephisto73
Moore is a talented film maker and a pain in the butt on the establishment. Unfortunately, he damage his own cause by taking too much liberties with his documentaries/propaganda movies. As propaganda it is brilliant - as a documentary it is doubtful at best. Sticking to the truth and cutting down on the creative editing would make his message so much more powerful - why he chose the other path is beyond me.
S3nd K3ys
Quote:
Moore is a talented film maker

Lol, I spewed coffee thru my nose. You guys are killin me! Laughing Laughing

mephisto73 wrote:
why he chose the other path is beyond me.

Because it wouldn't have a negative effect on Bush if Moore actually told the truth. Wink
joshumu
Nobody has to do a thing to make bush some out negitive. He does it all by him self.