FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

can you fall in love with someone online?!!!

dodah
it's a question that jumped yo my mind,to find friends online is possible...and this friendship could develop into real friendship too is possible....but love?!
tell me what you think Very Happy
saiyeek
Come on Why not???????? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
windrei
i think it's possible...... why not ???

i do meet a korean girl online, and i think i like her. But i have not told her yet. As you know, some girls can only be your friends. if you tell her that you like her, she will go away and will not be your friends anymore. i am afriad such thing will happen. And internet is quite horrible. A person can disappear suddenly and quietly.............
the_mariska
I guess it would be hard as you don't actually know the person you are talking to. Everybody behaves a bit different when in real live or online. Sometimes people even act to be someone completely else than they are, and after meeting in real-life it would turn as a disaster.

In my opinion chats are the worst place ever to find date. Forums / message boards like this are better, as you actually get known something about the person if you read his/her posts for a long time. that way I made a lot of friends, but never partners.

And an optimistic true story... My friend has received a communicator number of a guy from another part of our country from another friend that she has met him on the holidays. They've been messaging for a long time, later calling each other and became a couple without even seeing each other's photo. I saw them seeing for the first time. I would call neither of them beautiful or even pretty, but they were so happy to be together that this really didn't matter for them. It's been almost 2 years ago, they are still happy together despite they live 500km from each other. I've heard that they have even engaged. However, this must be an exception among other relationships made on the internet.
Devang
sure, one can fall in love online. in fact, chatting online makes you more comfortable to express yourself and if you express urself honestly, there are more chances you can find your crush online.

and this is not myth but cent percent truth.
Subsonic Sound
I think that chatting online is a good way, over time, to be sure that a relationship with someone is more than just lust-based.

There used to be a lot of problems with being sure of who you were talking to, but in the broadband age, with voice-chats and webcams becoming more and more popular, there's no need for anyone to be fooled, if they're cautious.

I am convinced it is possible, as I've done it. Smile
altikris
really, you can come to depend upon the attention and interest of someone online. You are in a place of relaxation when you are on a computer(usually) and it is easy to have feelings for someone if you learn enough about them, and you talk to them enough. Its a safe environment to meet people, because you are not forced to present yourself completely and leaves enough time for wit, humor, and all kinds of different styles.
10KgOnline
hmm i thin it's possible to make friendship with other people all over the world but to find a girlfriend or boyfriend it's almost impossible for me. I dunt believe in such things ... Sad You can't know how the person is in real life and you just only can know come certain points of his/her life ...you can't see the whole person .....so how can you love this one ???
For me chatting just only have the fact of relaxing and have fun Wink
cavey
I think it could be possible (I've never fallen in love "online" myself)

People often fall in love with people they meet f.ex. on partys, people who pretend to be someone else than they really are. It's not much different from the web; people can pretend to be whoever they want. The only difference is that they also can fake their looks, age and sex. In these cases they fall in love with the people they think they are.

If the people you meet are not faking anything, online friendship can be more personal on an earlyer time. They can "see" each other more often, and often talk about things you would not tell a guy/girl at a bar. You feel more private and protected with the distance in between.
darrenpaul
I don't think you can ever truly fall in love with someone online. as
1)Many people lie on the internet, making it very har to really know who your talking to
2)Most of the time thier is a large physical distance between both partys, so chances are your noy gonna meet up.
3)An online r'shio lacks the basis of a R'Ship of actully meeting the person, and getting to know them in person!
dodah
i think that all that have been said is true,and my own opinion now is it's very easy to fall in love with someone online,if you let your imagination goes..but still i think it will be kinda fantasy love,a love that probably won't make it in real life..true love has to be with true people in a true world,not hidden behind a screen.but again i have another question,if you fall in love with someone online in the other side of the world,with diffrent culture diffrent religion..diffrent in everything...what will you do?
Sabz
Love is beyond a physical relationship and lust, so yes. You can get to know a person online and you can fall in love with them for who they are. Even though physically you are distant from them.
Tvis
First of all...It IS POSSIBLE...I even moved from Holland to Mexico for a girl I met online! Very Happy

But...you need to take a lot of patience. First of all, you need to know if you can really trust the person. That takes some time. In my case I met this girl when there wasn't any MSN. This was 13 years ago...we met on a BBS Bulletin Board System. We were both in university and curious about "what is internet" We had relations at that time. And started being friends. Not all the time we had contact. But after a few years our relationships ended almost at the same time. Call it destiny Confused We knew eachother a few years at that point and as we had more intensive contact we desided to meet for a vacation. Years later I decided to leave my job in Holland and start looking one in Mexico...

But as mentioned...it takes time...because not everyone is honest. The longer you know someone online the better and more honest the conversations will go.
elh_merc
I don't believe you can find love online. I feel there is something that is lost in not physically being with the person. Just standing next to eachother talking is way diffrent then talking online or even the phone. It's too easy to be fake and what you might consider falling in love might just be falling for lies. You can find friends online but not what I would call true love. Just my opinion Smile
dray101
the_mariska wrote:
I guess it would be hard as you don't actually know the person you are talking to. Everybody behaves a bit different when in real live or online. Sometimes people even act to be someone completely else than they are, and after meeting in real-life it would turn as a disaster.

In my opinion chats are the worst place ever to find date. Forums / message boards like this are better, as you actually get known something about the person if you read his/her posts for a long time. that way I made a lot of friends, but never partners.

Here here.

I reckon that you can meet someone that you could fall for online but I don't think you can be sure till you really meet them (if you ever do).

People who are in love complement each other. Personality (which you can find a lot about online) is an important part but, there may be things like
-how they look (eg. ugly)
-how they are (eg. unfit)
-things they do (eg. twirl there hair, breath heavily, hum to themselves etc)
that just drive you crazy!!!

You can't know how you will be around and with each other until you are around and with each other!!!! Wink
aacronite
i have got emotionally involved with someone online.....we could chat about everything and for hours and this is from someone who doesnt like to use the phone...we used web cam so there was mutual physical attraction as well.

in love i dont think so because..i need the physical side to be right as well for that too happen.....its also easy to hide certain traits..or maybe hide is the wrong word..they just dont manifest themselves.

however never say never and i would never doubt anyone who said it was true.

an old romantic
lara
What can I say? Meeting someone and having a relationship with someone online wouldn't be a new thing to anybody.

However, I don't really agree to the idea that you may fall for someone online since you don't even know their true personalities. Long distance relationships by itself are already hard to keep so I think that online relationship wouldn't be a great idea at all.
blackheart
One of my teachers from last year met a man on the internet, then married him ealier this year.

So of course it's possible - not always, but at least some of the time.
bryanbel
It is very possible in this Internet age where you can even see each other using web cams. I know a lot my friends who had meet someone in the chat rooms and had move to the next level.
Arnie
If people insist that their online relationship is healthy, let them have their way.. it's not my life. But I personally wouldn't want an online girlfriend. I want to actually be with my partner. Love for me has to be living together in the good times and bad, not just when you're online. I want to see her when I wake up and when I go to sleep, and between those times as well. But to me that's something for later anyway.

And a relationship is different IRL than online, because you really do many things together as well. You can't just do everything by the computer. Also you should ask yourself, how healthy is it to be online just about 24/7?
dude_xyx
Is there a thing caz online love or offline love ? I thought love is love and feeling s same.

All these " real life " love stories have happy ending ? no one ve gotten cheated ? or loved faked guys or girls or dumped by other person ?

it never happened in real life to anyone that suddenly this feeling "this is not the person meant to me ". even after living together sometime.

real life couples never get divorce after marry ? or get heart broken ?

in real life , people belongs to different races , religions countries never felling love and live in happily ?

I don't think u can categorize these as online friendships or online love , friends are friends and love is love it doesnt matter whether its online or real life.

u might get fake friends in real life too just like online same for love.

and if you felling love next day u saw someone you would always getting to trouble. online or real life u have to be patent and understand the other person. it take time.

I trust people i v known for years online rather than who i just met know in real life. i have met better people online then some who were near me in real life

difference between these things called "online love" and "online friendship" if u are in love it wont be online for ever one day u have to meet the yr mate and start life journey together . but for friends u might not meet them ever but they still will be friends.

finding love online is not for people who believe love and and lust are same or love and sex go together. specially who want to have sex after the first date. it take time lot more then real

also its useless to call one u met online as a "friend" if u don't think its same like real life. specially if u think friends are the one who lend u money when u need or who give u a "real" shoulder when u want to cry.

its all about trust , time and understanding.
Arnie
Are there different things called online or offline love? Yes. Some people use the Internet to find a partner - it's as if they're in a hurry. Of course you can also be seeking desperately IRL, which is something I don't support either.

On top of that online love often has the profile idea, like "available: 20yo girl." There most certainly is a difference between getting a partner online and IRL.

I don't say that a relationship can never work if you've first met on the Internet. But many people take it too far by actually deplyoing the net in search of a partner. I personally wouldn't want a situation where I've hardly ever met a person, and then arranging a meeting, already seeing eachother as (high-potential) partners.

But then again, if you're comfortable with that, it's not my life. I just don't recommend it, because knowing somebody online is a whole lot different than knowing someone IRL, even with the modern techniques of video chat etc.
silentpark
sure why not?
well as long as they meet also in real life and well start living togehter (in rl (and that don't means to live togehter in an house or else just meeting and so on)

but if its only via web, and you realy start lobing a person you should realy try to change this, or you should find help.

well it's dangerous and will make you very sad i think.
you will become crazy ^^
carolinehjkim
I think it's possible because it almost happened to me once.
Though the problem is, the love will be perished as quick as it came.....
so, it differs by situation I guess.
Subsonic Sound
Arnie wrote:
I don't say that a relationship can never work if you've first met on the Internet. But many people take it too far by actually deplyoing the net in search of a partner. I personally wouldn't want a situation where I've hardly ever met a person, and then arranging a meeting, already seeing eachother as (high-potential) partners.

But then again, if you're comfortable with that, it's not my life. I just don't recommend it, because knowing somebody online is a whole lot different than knowing someone IRL, even with the modern techniques of video chat etc.

I wouldn't use the internet to *look* for a girlfriend, but then I wouldn't actively *look* for a girlfriend in real life. I'd rather let it happen.

It's true that the first meeting of a charged, online-based relationship is going to be a very high-pressure situation. But everything has its upsides and downsides, and if you find love, you're a fool to let it go, regardless of how you find it.
schuldiner
well all my relationships have come from the internet.. 1 that lasted 2 years another one lasted 1 year and 6 months and im currently in another one thats 4 months strong. .. now does that make me a geek..yes, but i did get some.. now for evey one of those relationships i did have to move but all and all they were alright and im guessing is no difrent then a regular relationship.
briancoit
imo its possible!

I've never been in the situation of only ever talking to someone online and growing to have strong feelings for them, but I met online that I happened to go to school with, and she turned out to be my first love as far as im concerned.

Although I think its probably possible, I think the thing you need to question is just how truthful the other person is being, or have you fallen in love with a lie?

Having said that, love, imo, means different things to different people. Its just came to mind that for a relationship to work, the two people need to have the same definition of what love really is...
cybernie
love takes place anywhere, anytime and happens to anybody... as the song i my country says, love moves in mysterious ways. it's like a stalker, you never know when will it attack...

i used to be a chatter before on mIRC. I had chatmate from other city, she's a muslim. we chatted only once. 3 months later i had a chatmate who happened to be her classmate and bestfrnd and told me she's online... there we started chatting with each other again almost everyday. we then later realized we're faling each other. we became boyfrnds and grlfnds for almost 4 years but we decided to end up our relationship since it's quite impossible for us to be "us" because of religious differences... i am a devoted Christian and she a devoted Muslim... she can't give up her faith and so with with me.

That was the hardest part actually but knowing we'll be better as "bestfrnds"... we let go of the "feelings" we had for eacah other. now, i am happily married, we are still "bstfrnds"
tony
i think it is possible. it definately helps to actually see the person in real life. but i certainly think it could happen if the two people didnt.
freecitizen
To fall in love online is quite hard -- almost impossible. To me, anyway. It's not even just the sex. But, the actual presense of someone and how they interact with you, how they look at you, how they feel when you touch them, how they react, how their body reacts... That's very important to me. To feel their love when in their presense. To know it's really there by just looking at them.

However, I think it's possible to continue an ongoing relationship online -- to some extent. It depends on how long you'll be apart. It's very hard to give up having someone that's constantly there and go for a relationship online with them. Especially if you've been together for a long time. You learn to communicate with your bodies, you don't need to speak. And the little things you do for each other to make the other know you care.. the hugs, the cuddling, the sex.. it's all suddenly gone. It's extremely hard to cope with that. And when you've been getting some regularly for a while, it's hard to suddenly abstain, you know? Sure, there's camming, there's talking online. But, you're still basically by yourself. It's a physical need. So one way to solve is to sort of have an 'open' relationship and both would fulfill their 'needs' with other people -- with no emotional attachment. That's a whole different issue. That's hard too. It's about making choices.. very tough choices.

Ah, love.

Love it, and abso-freakin-lutely despise it.
n3k0
I know a girl that she says it's possible, she had said me that it's possible to have a boyfriend without having a meet with him. I think that it's very dificult, but may be it's possible.
briancoit
cybernie wrote:
we then later realized we're faling each other. we became boyfrnds and grlfnds for almost 4 years but we decided to end up our relationship since it's quite impossible for us to be "us" because of religious differences... i am a devoted Christian and she a devoted Muslim... she can't give up her faith and so with with me.

but clearly that wasnt love. My interpretation of 'love', is that it conquers all Wink what i mean is, if it was love, religion would be put aside. Having said that, im not religious.

freecitizen wrote:
To fall in love online is quite hard -- almost impossible. To me, anyway. It's not even just the sex. But, the actual presense of someone and how they interact with you, how they look at you, how they feel when you touch them, how they react, how their body reacts... That's very important to me. To feel their love when in their presense. To know it's really there by just looking at them.

I agree. Physical interaction adds a whole new level to any relationship. Its far far easier to build real trust in someone, in person - rather than sitting infront of a computer.
senk
Falling in love with someone online? I think it's possible and nowadays it seems to increase a lot. One of my girlfriend fell in love with someone on ICQ and chat with that guy for 1 year without seeing each other. At the end of the day, my friend met that guy on the net physically and she just rally impress this guy. She told me that the look is like what she expected while had been having conversation for a year. And now she's married with the "net" guy and plans to have child real soon.

So anything is possible Smile
KMKM
yes it can happen ....
the best part about online love is that the ... mystrey remains...
but yeah they do not last long.. as we havent seen the other side of the person's life.. well guess thatz the advantage of a real life love Razz Razz

Kudos!
~KMKM
AlmiccAmore
Yes, it is possible. I never considered dating anyone that I meet online until I met him. His name is Lucas. For us, since the moment we began talking... there was an instant connection. He is the opposite of my "type", he has his flaws, but I love everything about him. We met online when he was living in Boston and I was living in New York. We lost contact for a while, because he was afraid of our "thing" getting far out of control. 6 months passed and I tried to forget him...while he tried to forget me. We lost all connection. No phone numbers, emails, or anything. To my surprise, I received a facebook request 6 months later.. We had never been friends on facebook before...he simply searched for me all over the internet and was lucky enough to find me. By that time I had moved to Georgia... and I learned that he moved to Florida. Our connection goes beyond physical... but rather, it's a connection between souls. I have never felt something more beautiful than this.. and i've had many long term relationships with people that I've met in person. Now, he plans to come to my graduation, and we are planning to go to the same college together. He's 21 and i'm 18.. but this is far more real than I have ever experienced before. So, to your question, yes it is possible to fall in love with someone you meet online. However, trust is always necessary; for us, I believe fate and destiny played a large role as well. I sound silly, I know Razz but it's hard to understand unless you actually feel it and have experienced it.
johans
dodah wrote:
it's a question that jumped yo my mind,to find friends online is possible...and this friendship could develop into real friendship too is possible....but love?!
tell me what you think Very Happy

well, times like this with communications is open and fast why not... i have a lot of people know and end up in marriage meeting only online.. before the used pen and paper or in short penpal but now doing skype, ym and other faster communication in real time.
The_unnamed_label
I did....
although I think people just tell you what they want you to think. it is so easy to show the best of you and then not follow up with actions.

But it is totally possible.

I am always amazed by this kinda topic "can you fall in love online".... of course you can? why not? online is just aother place where you meet people and in all fairness, I bet it's pretty common, given you tend to go on specific sites where you find people that share your interests? So it only makes sense to fall for someone online.
alstonholmer
Any one can fall in love online because today we can talk to any one online also can see them online with the help of web cam now a day the technology is growing very rapidly so we can interact like face to face interactions.
shoaib
Thats impoosible for me.. Ican't do usch a big mistake
Insanity
It is very possible, but very difficultt
Bluedoll
Can we fall in love?

I do understand the word love means different things. I am talking about feeling something for another human being that is more than an ordinary shallow online thing.

An online relationship is a relationship. Why compare it to another? Obviously, if you got into a space craft and flew to Mars and you had your body reactions monitored all the time by a ground control team it would be different than another type of relationship. A relationship on Mars would be different than say in the back of a car van at some campground. So what is the purpose of comparison?

Online relationships do develop and emotions are a part of us. Can we fall in love, yes. Can we be hurt, yes. So why analyze this question to death?

I think the question is really not about what we can feel but why we do fear emotion or dead to them.
psychorollercoaster
I think we can appreciate people on line, but you can't fall in love. Most people stretch the truth...which means we never really knew them in the first place....but at the same time i think not love but infuatution is the right word here....
Ankhanu
Given that I met my wife online, and we developed the basis of our marriage online, yeah, I'd say it's possible to fall in love with someone online... I mean, it's happened many, many times.

One of the nice things about a relationship developing in the online environment is that, if the people are honest, you get to know one another without pretense, and, in many cases, it's easier to articulate your feelings... you get to know the person, whereas face to face communication is often hindered by fears of intimacy. Many people find it easier to express thoughts and emotion online than they do in person. As such, you get to see who and what they are, rather than a mask/barrier erected in fear.

Of course, that only works if people are being honest with one another. Just like it's easier to express your actual thoughts online, it's easy to lie too... just as easy as it is to lie in person.
TheLimey
Well because you never met you may feel you are in love. However, you are just living to the ida of the person. When you finally meet... it may not be as good.
Shelia
Please Don't Cry For Whom You Really Love"
"Because They Don’t Want You Too"

http://www.lvbagsoutletcouk.com/
CherryO
I am a new arriver here. I got a problem about this . I like someone online. we are in one country, but different cities. I don't know what to do. he's not willing to come here , and me too... now it gets more complicate.
ZeytinGrafik
Ýt may well be posdible. Why not? but i wouldnt recommend it.
GuidanceReader
You can hide a lot about yourself in real life too. So many times you hear about people who have been living 'double lives' away from their spouse and family. I don't think the internet is really any different - only that it is different aspects that can be hidden.

Yes, it is possible to fall in love with someone online, just as it is possible to form a deep friendship. In fact, some of my online friends I feel more comfortable with and can be 'more' myself than I do some of my in person friends.

Is it possible to have a full romantic relationship online? I'd say no. Whilst webcam sex and the like exists, it's not a true level of intimacy and this detracts from all the elements of a romantic relationship. So whilst it is possible to fall in love with someone, I don't think it's possible to have a 'forever' romantic relationship without connecting in real life at some time along the track, which may change the dynamics and remove that element of love.
setfirework
No way. Love is about connecting with someone on all different levels. Its about feeling, seeing, smelling them that make you fall in love with someone and how they look at you and respond to you which you don't get online. Online, you can fall for someone's personality which isn't all that love is about. You need to have a real connection, not a virtual one. ~plus you can't even read their body language to tell if they are telling you the truth!!
thefame
well, it's hard to say.
Yes, maybe if you're talking like everyday with a mic and to hear her voice. Yes maybe. And one day you will have to see the other. You can fall in love, but I think you can't feel the love very long in this case.
cheater01
Yes you can.
because all you do is talk, and you don't judge someone on their appearance or other small stuff that shouldn't matter. Online you can really get to know someone, their true self. I really believe in this, i have got so many friends who started talking to people online.. dating.. then meeting up. And it's all going great. It really doesnt matter where you meet someone, but you do have to be careful and trust this person! I assume you know him/her pretty well though, how do you feel about him/her? Maybe you could meet up sometime and go from there.
People who say it's not possible to fall in love with someone just because you haven't met in real life yet, they are just ignorant and they will know better when it happens to them.
I've fallen for people online before, but it's my belief you can't know if it's truly love until you meet them face to face.
Good luck !
zaxacongrejo
Yes you can i never did but i know a lot of them loll
My opinion you shouldn’t because real life is real life cyber life its cyber life
You can end up in a lot of trouble or with a big deception
codersfriend
It's good to meet or have some time with your online friend before falling
loveandormoney
If they love each other by email
then
soon they will want to spend holidays together.
skaprit
I think it's important to meet in person and feel whether you have chemistry or not.
Also, it's easy for someone to mislead online.
Started an online relationship about 15 years ago, and then went over to meet in person, and the other person had lied about their appearance completely, and sent me pictures that were 3 years and 30 kilos ago! Rolling Eyes

It maybe fine to meet/intro online, but I think it's best to meet as soon as possible!
loveandormoney
This is funny:
What is chemistry?

If there would be a chemistry
never
boy and girl during a relationship have a problem.

I know, in Hollywood movies, nearly every relationship is build on chemistry.
But is this real life?
Do You have this experience in Your town or in Your village?