FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Change MX Records in DirectAdmin

thiamshui
Are we allowed to change MX (Mail Exchange) records in Frihost? I am trying to sign up for a service which will allow me to use my custom site emails on another server (gmail). How can we do so in DirectAdmin? There doesnt seem to be any option for that in DirectAdmin.. Confused
exarkun
hey I am fussying over this problem too. Gmail sent me the beta invitation for the email setup but I had not been able to find anything to change the dns settings...
mathiaus
I'm afraid you can't Sad
If you own a top level domain you may be able to configure evrything differently there (ie set A record to frihost and MX to google or whatever)
cheeta
Quote:
I'm afraid you can't

please explain... because DirectAdmin it self certainly has MX/DNS record modification option... but i find which is desabled here in FriHost...

so if FriHost allows then certainly users can set their own MX record to access services such as Gmail for your domain....

So the question is Whether FriHost allows user to change MX record in DA or Not?

thnx...

here is how it looks like...

then

and last

but why this options are not available in FriHost??

I my parked domain of frihost is bought from Yahoo... just editing the MX record setings there doesnt help... some editing must have to done at DA...

but cant find any option in DA of Frihost Sad Crying or Very sad

mathiaus wrote:

Please do not double post. Use the button instead!

mathiaus
cheeta wrote:
Quote:
I'm afraid you can't

please explain... because DirectAdmin it self certainly has MX/DNS record modification option... but i find which is desabled here in FriHost...

I'm afraid you can't using Frihost's permissions Wink

To answer your question specificly - Frihost does not allow users to change ns/a/cname/mx records via Direct Admin.

Hint from an old topic - Try using http://www.everydns.net/ if you own your domain name Wink