FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mark the post where we have allready posted

goansfr
A little suggestion, maybe it's done and i don't saw it.

It's greatfull, if u can make a little mark (logo change, color change, bold), on the post where we have allready posted. that avoids to post the same answer in the same subjet with 2 month interval in topic like " What's your mobile ?"

i saw it on a another forum, but maybe not on a phpbb forum (i think it was a vbulletin board).
S3nd K3ys
x2. That would be nice.
tidruG
This is, in fact, a built-in feature in some bulletin board scripts.
However, on Frihost, I don't see much use for it except for such topics like the ones you mentioned... topics which would require only one post. But in general discussions, where people post replies and really discuss, it doesn't make much sense.

But it's still a valid suggestion, and those are my 2 cents.
S3nd K3ys
tidruG wrote:
However, on Frihost, I don't see much use for it except for such topics like the ones you mentioned... topics which would require only one post. But in general discussions, where people post replies and really discuss, it doesn't make much sense.

Not that it matters, but I often search thru forums when I'm in a hurry just for topics I've entered. One way is using the find all posts by member feature, but it's kind of a pita.

BTW, tidrug, you should get help...

Quote:
...I wake up with a shudder... again tonight.

Wink
tidruG
S3nd K3ys wrote:
tidruG wrote:

Not that it matters, but I often search thru forums when I'm in a hurry just for topics I've entered. One way is using the find all posts by member feature, but it's kind of a pita.

What about using the e-mail notification?
Needless to say, you will have a lot of emails in your inbox, but you only get one email per topic, irrespective of how many people reply, and it takes you directly to the post from where you have to read.
In fact, the e-mail notification for phpBB is the best among all forum software I've used.