FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Friendship is ...

artist
Hi everyone! I would like you to help me with my research. Please, answer some questions about friendship using your own attitude, you can do it just in a few words. Thank you very much in advance, it would do a great help for me!

Questions:

1. What do you feel when you think about friendship? Describe your emotions.

2. Please, characterize friendship. What it is like for you?

3. What do you imagine thinking about friendship? (For example, friendship between a man and a dog)

4. Give a definition of friendship: “Friendship is … “

5. Give 5 free associations to friendship (For example, trust, faithfulness, fun, etc).
Balthamos
1. When I think friendship, I think of people that you can talk to and hang around with. You can feel that you can trust them with information, and you can also joke around. You can talk freely and learn to take your turn to talk. Just overall having a good time. Now this doesn't imply that you have to be friendly. You can do what is called playful banter, like calling your friend stupid, but they don't take it seriously because they know you are kidding.

2. Friendship is just hanging out with people you normally hang out with. It is just talking and playing games with, and you feel that you can talk to them about mostly everything. Occasionally someone won't like you, but if you give them a few days, they will act like nothing ever happened. You can be pretty laid back and not uptight. I just usually play pen and paper RPG games and make fun of them, just because it gives us something to talk about, and they know that we are all just kidding.

3. Friendship? First thing that comes to mind is a group of people gathering at a table before school starts. Shunned from the more popular people because of the geek talk exchanged across. That's just what I think of.

4. Friendship is everyone who is not your enemy. If they aren't your enemy, then they are your friend by default.

5. Fun, social, support, joking, vital

Hope that is sufficient and helps you out with your studies.

~Balthamos
artist
Thank you very much, Balthamos! Your answer is really important for me!
dodah
1-when i think about friendship,my first feeling is relief,relived to know that i have someone that can share my sadness so it's divided on two,and share my happiness so it's multiplied by two..

2-friendship has many types,and degrees..but true friendship is like a harbour,if you find you are the luckiest person ever coz,it will always bre there for you..coz you always know that the road to your friend's house is never long

3- the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.

4-friendship is the present you give yourself lol

5-trust,shared tears and laughters,precious moments,happiness,comfortable scilence.
UlrikeSE

I feel an urging sense of anxiety, but not bad anxiety. I'm a extremely quiet person in daily life. I watch people constantly talking, and a majority of it seems to be just that. I fear constantly that I will err or say something foolish I had not thought of while I let myself talk. Typing enables me to think long and hard on the meaning I want to put foward, and even change it after i've talked, which in general conversation we are not given such an oppertunity.

This double-edged sword of concious speaking has limited me to friends. I've always cherished it though, never disliked it.

A partnership, both sides offering something in mutual gain. This is a bare-bone definition, but truthful.

3. What do you imagine thinking about friendship? (For example, friendship between a man and a dog)

//

//

5. Give 5 free associations to friendship (For example, trust, faithfulness, fun, etc).

trust, learning, age, love, and wisdom
HoboPelican
I cry. I laugh. They are your tribe. I cry for the ones who've died. I laugh 'cause of the memories we've shared.

It's rare, but that's not what you are looking for. It's comfort and committment. When with real friends, there is no pretense, no serious dispute (arguments plenty, but no baggage). And you are all committed to the tribe. It's sort of like being in a cave, protection on all sides but an easy exit so there is no sense of confinment.
A favorite quote is "Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies." that about says it all.

Not sure I understand the question. Gut thought when I hear "friendship" is the old gang laying around and jamming.

Friendship is a family you choose.

Laughter, responsibility, protection, acceptance, tribe