FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can't access the index of my boards!

SpellcasterDX
I can't seem to access the index.php page of my boards/site. It says:

Code:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What's wrong with it? Is it permissions on the index.php file? Or is something wrong with server 2? I've tried re-installing the boards, but that didn't work. I can't access the index.php page no matter where I put my files!
wumingsden
The permisson (CHMOD) should be 644 or equivalent. If the folder that your forum is installed at (in this case public_html) if there is a .htaccess file then rename it to something like name.htaccess - this will probably solve your problem.

Also, make sure your public_html directory has the CHMOD 777
SpellcasterDX
Somehow my public_html directory is gone. When I go to the filemanager, I only have a domains, imap, and mail directory or folder.
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Somehow my public_html directory is gone. When I go to the filemanager, I only have a domains, imap, and mail directory or folder.

That may explain the problem. Check whether the public_html directory is located in /domains/sdx.frih.net/public_html
SpellcasterDX
No, I don't have a public_html folder/directory in /domains/sdx.frih.net/.
I don't have even have a /domains/sdx.frih.net/publi_html. I don't have anything that has the /public_html at the end.
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
No, I don't have a public_html folder/directory in /domains/sdx.frih.net/.
I don't have even have a /domains/sdx.frih.net/publi_html. I don't have anything that has the /public_html at the end.

Please PM me your hosting details, I will try and fix the problem. If I cannot solve it then you account will unfortunately have to be reset.

P.S - I need your original hosting details, located here or the following:

• URL to your DA
  • DA Username
  • DA Password
SpellcasterDX
Well, I did create a new public_html folder in /domains/sdx.frih.net. And I uploaded my files to there and it works now I think. I don't get the Forbidden 403 error anymore. I just get this though:
Code:

Fatal Error

Failed to select database 'spellcas_Board': Access denied for user: 'spellcas_admin@localhost' to database 'spellcas_Board'

What's wrong now? Is it related to that 'MySQL data not inserting' problem? The one where the server wouldn't accept my MySQL data? Something up with the server? Or is it at my end.
wumingsden
Your end. make sure you have a database/user named that and make sure you've completed the installation process.
SpellcasterDX
Ok, I'll look into it and try to fix it. Anyway, it means index.php is working now right? I just need to clean up my settings?
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Ok, I'll look into it and try to fix it. Anyway, it means index.php is working now right? I just need to clean up my settings?

Yes, everything is fine. Rather your database needs to be created or you need to edit the config.php file to include your database details. you may need to run an installation/run sql queries too.
SpellcasterDX
Yea, I'm trying to figure out the problem of MySQL as we speak. But, I think there's a minor problem with the server. I can create tables, but, there's some rows missing in the tables. Then, when I try to insert the MySQL data, it says

Code:

'403 Forbidden'

You do not have access to /read_dump.php

That's a server problem right?
wumingsden
SpellcasterDX wrote:
Yea, I'm trying to figure out the problem of MySQL as we speak. But, I think there's a minor problem with the server. I can create tables, but, there's some rows missing in the tables. Then, when I try to insert the MySQL data, it says

Code:

'403 Forbidden'

You do not have access to /read_dump.php

That's a server problem right?

To be honest I don't know. Is the data large ? If so split it up into sections and then run them through phpmyadmin
SpellcasterDX
Well, that depends. It depends on how big you consider this data to be:
http://frihost.pastebin.com/748542
That's the code, but it won't accept it for some reason. Can you look into it and see if you get the same error please, wumingsden?

EDIT: I tried submitting the queries one by one, and found that this is the part of the SQL query that phpMyAdmin wouldn't accept:

http://frihost.pastebin.com/748543

mathiaus wrote:

Please do not post large pieces of code. Use
Pastebin instead!

wumingsden
The sql queries seem fine to me. You have already got tables installed having you into you database ?
SpellcasterDX
Yes. Tables are installed. I submitted the query, and found that it's only some part of the query that messes everything up. I submitted the disco_country_codes queries in chunks and found that about the bottom half from around country #180 to the last country is what makes that error:
Code:

403 Forbidden

You don't have access to /phpMyAdmin/read_dump.php on this server.

I've done all I could think of, but I keep getting that error with some part of the disco_country_codes data.
wumingsden
The queries look fine so I don't really know else could be wrong. Try placing the queries in a sql file and see whether that works. If not then you'll have to send me your hosting info because i cannot do anything more to help at this position.
SpellcasterDX
Ok problem resolved. Can a mod close this topic now to prevent spam please? And thanks to wumingsden for the help! Smile
wumingsden
Again, you are welcome -locked-
Traveller
One note: Unless absolutely necessary, you should probably set the directories to 755 (not 777), and files to 644, so that only YOU may write to them. Otherwise, things like defaced websites could happen. Give it a try and, if you need to, change it back.

-close- by request of original poster