FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

These Two Squares are actually the exact same shade of grey:

S3nd K3ys
Squares A and B are the same shade of grey and share the same RGB values.

Wink

Blaster
I saw this somewhere before and it shows you how. I forget the site though.

*goes to find site*

Sorry i couldn't find it. But i know it proves it somwhere. Nice find there S3nd K3ys. Very Happy
S3nd K3ys
Blaster wrote:
I saw this somewhere before and it shows you how. I forget the site though.

*goes to find site*

Sorry i couldn't find it. But i know it proves it somwhere. Nice find there S3nd K3ys.

I'll post up proof after a bit. I've been thinking about trying to duplicate it in blender and see if it's an actual lighting anomily or just a nicely adjusted shadow rendering.
{name here}
Hmm...Doesn't want to load for some reason... Ah, but judging by the sound of it, you discovered a property of color(again). I remember learning about it years ago. It is quite interesting at that time.
cfackler
The optical tricks that our eyes play on us are amazing.
ocalhoun
S3nd K3ys never ceases to amaze me: now he's pulling off magic tricks on my screen. Awsome!
alkady
Perhaps is it one color with a lower alpha, For example in Flash, Say the RGB 102 is used, If I lower the alpha to say 80%, It's still the same RGB.
Assiez
optical illusions are nice, here's some more

i really like this one, move away from the screen and watch the angry face be calm and the calm one be angry

look at this for a bit and see the purple dots be tranformed into one green dot

some nice flash ones demostrating common effects
http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/
jdawgy
Yeah ive seen that before, save the picture, open it in ps cs, cut and move and WOW! same colour!

I love these optical tricks.. i forgot where i saw this one either but check this out

http://www.liquidgeneration.com/content/a55hat.aspx?cid=236

cool majool!
n0obie4life
omg sand keys.

you are 1337!!!
Blaster
Assiez wrote:
optical illusions are nice, here's some more

i really like this one, move away from the screen and watch the angry face be calm and the calm one be angry

look at this for a bit and see the purple dots be tranformed into one green dot

some nice flash ones demostrating common effects
http://www.michaelbach.de/ot/

I have seen that one too before. My art teacher made something like this. HAHA i love optical illusions. Very Happy
mOrpheuS
S3nd K3ys wrote:
Squares A and B are the same shade of grey and share the same RGB values.

Wink

Things do appear different when put in different perspectives.

One way to look a lighter shade of grey is to darken everything around you. Wink
TeenZine
good tip thanks!
Idoru
Praise be to Escher! Smile
I'm not to in to the subject, but belive he's gotto be one of the pilgrims
in the area of optical illusions. Never heard of him? Take a look at the
official website.

Thx to Assiez for showing this place to loose ones head a while,
and to S3nd K3ys for bringing it up. Gave me a laugh Laughing
goansfr
I have a headache with all ur tricks lool
One day we'll knew all the truth about our brain
Code of Ruin
Oh wow, I love these tricks. Especially the one Assiez posted makes my head spin. Everytime I shift focus with my eyes it seems like another disc starts spinning.
S3nd K3ys
mOrpheuS wrote:

Things do appear different when put in different perspectives

I think you're on to something... Wink

Quote:
One way to look a lighter shade of grey is to darken everything around you. Wink

Hey! I resemble that remark! Laughing Laughing

Here's the proof, for those that don't want to (or haven't learned how Yet) to look at the RGB or CMYK (or what ever you use) values.

Helios
Nice find.

Just checked with Photoshop.

The R/G/B value is 120/120/120, respectively.
sibbahz
Thats weird, shows how our brains just show what they expect to be there, expecting the colours to be alternated when really it is the same as the other box.
TimsJugling
That is pretty sweet!.
Kaisonic
I've seen all of those before. I think they're on eBaum's world..maybe. But they're still pretty awesome. It is truly amazing what kind of tricks our minds can play with the things we see.....
solarwind
Yeah. I too liek the circles one. Even they are not spinning, they appear to be spinning. I think that we should make this thread sticky.

I'll go see where I put some great ones and post them.

Some one sticky this, wee can keep adding all the nice ones.

*yeah*
Josso
That's so cool. I've seen the spinny ones before but the same shade of grey thing is cool. The bottom picture obviously proves that they are the same shade but try telling your head that the top picture is the same shade. Insanity.
noexes89
I believe that these pictures are proof that aliens are controlling our minds. Definite proof, indeed.
shwetanshu
i recvd lot of optcal illusions in PPS format... will have to search for it... will post i later... but here's a one that i got recently

Now try pulling down the corner of your eyes as if you were Chinese...........................
It works n u can read it......Check it out!

XLax
I actually really hurt my eyes trying to do that one and didn't get any results lol
The best and most impressive one on this list is definately the big one with the giant circles and squares all over it posted by Assiez. I set it as my background wallpaper because it was so cool
bdoneck
That last one is great, I thought i had it figured out without pulling my eyes but i saw that i was wrong, the other two i have seen before
Donutey
that's really weird, I copied and pasted a section of B and when you move in back and forth from point A to B and B to A, it looks like it's changing colors... Shocked
Daniel15
That is such a cool illusion! Very Happy

It actually does look like they are different colours... I suppose it's our mind playing tricks on us, again Razz
mceejaydee
This is kinda old. It's super trippy though. Cool illusion
R2.DETARD
Our eyes just suck. if you cover up the white square between A and B it's easy to see that they are the same.
lucasjj
that's scary..