FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Rubik's Cube

Adut
I'm a big Rubik's cube fan. I made my own solution but is only in Slovene language:

http://www2.arnes.si/~dduh/rubik.htm

My record is 89 sek for 3x3x3 cube Wink
Balthamos
Wow, that's really good. It usually takes me about an hour just for one side! I've seen those speed videos before and it's absolutely amazing.

~Balthamos
elh_merc
83 Seconds, good job! Seems like a cool trick to show off to people Cool
carolinehjkim
wow 89 seconds?
That's amazing.
seriously how long have you been playing rubik's cube?
I had never successed in completing even one cube...
too bad it's only in russian.
well anyway good job! Razz
SusieSmacktard
I always cheated and ripped the stickers off and moved them around.....
Traveller
I remember when Rubik's Cube was a big fad, and they always showed people who "solved" the puzzle in very short times.

The thing that I would like to know, however, is what is the actual record for SOLVING Rubik's cube, not just for completing the puzzle when you already know the solution. Those people they used to show were not SOLVING the puzzle: they had already learned the method for completing it (either by truly solving it on their own or finding out from another source), and were only performing what amounts to a number of mechanical actions.

Sure, it was still impressive that they were able to do so in so short a time, but the person who would receive my genuine respect is the one who had NEVER seen the Cube before, was told the object of the puzzle, then received a scrambled Cube and solved and completed it in record time.
Garg
I have a friend who does it in under 1 minute, but he has a technique which he studied ... I think you can find it on the internet... You just have to be patient !
TSpiralP
Is it me or did the rubiks cube come back?
Yeah but My calculus teacher made us buy rubiks cubes to solve for a class assignment. I got to finishing the cube just under 5 mins. Yeah Its pretty fun to solve when you got the formulas down but it gets really frustrating when you start
Satori
I can do the cube in under 5 minutes everytime. I use a technique I learned from a friend. It's definitely no speed cubing...those guys are ridiculous! It's amazing how many different pieces they're thinking about and moving at once. There are a lot of good videos on the internet that show speed cubers. They're all doing it in like 20 seconds! I can't believe it sometimes.
Tiger
I remember the Cube from when I was a kid. I haven't seen one in a while, but it's still popular I believe. It took me a while to solve it the first time. I remember that one of my friends came to school and solved it in a few minutes which amazed everyone.

There were even some books out which taught you to solve it, so from then on people could really learn how to do it. With the Internet you don't even need a book anymore.

After reading this I'd like to give it a bash again, especially when I'm travelling or waiting in the car.
Guyon
You own solution? WOW I am impressed. I could not do it with out a book in front of me.
b4r4t
I tried to solve Rubic cube, but i resignet after ... 2h Smile Im impresed bout Your time! Very Happy
It's nice way to spend free time, but ... i know better - example - girls, party, take a walk, bicycle Smile
Moey
Ive never finished one of those darned cubes!! Maybe someday I will. I havent tried in years though, maybe I am smarter now! Very Happy
paulbarter
Traveller wrote:

Sure, it was still impressive that they were able to do so in so short a time, but the person who would receive my genuine respect is the one who had NEVER seen the Cube before, was told the object of the puzzle, then received a scrambled Cube and solved and completed it in record time.

Is there not a general solution? I didnt know that there were different "problems" with the cubes, just thought that it was a lot of different combinations, but generally working in the same way. Please explain a bit more as to how these different ways of scrambling the cube work? Rolling Eyes
Whong
Adut wrote:
I'm a big Rubik's cube fan. I made my own solution but is only in Slovene language:

http://www2.arnes.si/~dduh/rubik.htm

My record is 89 sek for 3x3x3 cube Wink

Thats a really great record! I've never in my life solved one. Sad My best was getting three sides but that was the best I could get. Laughing I hope I can solve it oneday! Laughing

Thats a really cool record! Laughing Wink Idea
Xavier
I myself have been a BIG rubik's Cube fan!
Twisted the cube many times!!
I really love it & find it a great pastime!