FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

[Community Project] Easy Simple Content Management System

Astrolopitecos
This is something i've been trying to do for some while.
I want to get together a team of ppl who knows php, html, ajax, mysql and designers.

The main goal is to make an easy and powerfull cms, since a lot of frihost members use cms for their sites.

So starting what would it have?

- Private Messages
- News System
- Articles System
- Blog System
- Fórum
- Gallery
- Shoutbox (simple one, nothing with javascripts, in max only uses ajax for refresh)
- Events Agenda
- Search System
- Newsletter
- Polls

Developing the above stuff:

- Main System
. Signup
. Recover password
. User edit profile
. User able to upload avatar (max size: 100x100 px)

- Admin/Moderator System (interface)
. Banning by ip, email, nickname
. Moderate Photos in gallery
. Moderate News
. Moderate Articles
. Moderate Fórum
. Show pending news, articles and photos
. Moderate blogs
. Moderate commentaries
. Show Statistics
. Edit site infos, meta tags, etc
. Edit Users Ranks (be able of making our own rank names)

- Private Messages
. Inbox
. Outbox
. Save Box
. Search Members
. Smileys

- News System
. Add News
. Edit News
. Delete News
. News by date
. News by author
. News by category
. Archive
. Commentaries (with enable / desable option)
. Author can delete commentaries

- Articles System
. Add articles
. Edit articles
. Delete articles
. Articles by date
. Articles by author
. Articles by category
. Articles by rating
. Articles by most viewed
. Archive
. Commentaries (with enable / desable option)
. Voting system for articles

- Blogs
. Add blog
. Remove blog
. Edit blog
. Commentaries
. Archive
. Voting system for blogs
. Blogs by date
. Blogs by author

- Gallery
. Upload
. Mult-upload
. Users can have own album
. Categories
. Commentaries
. Photo descrition (title, place where it was taken off, day, hour, with what machine)
. Voting
. Owner of album can erase commentaries
. To remove photos for the owner of respective or a moderator or admin
. To show pending photos in the area of admin or moderator
. Favourites
. Statistics of the photos (more seen, I number of votes, rating, etc)
. To show last photos added in the main page
. To show photo of the week in the main page
. In such a way to limit the size of the images in kb as in dimensions (width and height)
. To limit the type of images to make upload (jpg,gif,bmp,png)

- Fórum (mathiaus idea)
. USERS:
. Multiple user levels - mods, admins etc.
. Usergroups
. User profiles
. By-user settings: themes, avatar, custom title, signature, time format etc.
. Warning system
. Private messages
. IP logging
. FORUMS:
. Different forums
. Ability to start new topics in forums
. Ability to restrict which forums users can start topics in
. Private group forums
. Forum index/front page
. Different organisation methods of display:

* Thread, by date
* Thread, by last post
* Thread, by views
* Post, by date

. POSTING:
. Ability to edit posts
. Ability to delete own posts
. Implementation of BBCode
. Ability to add new BBCode tags easily
. E-mail notification of replies and PMs
. Polls

- Events Agenda
. present calendar in main page
. add events
. edits events
. erase events
. give the news of the event off the day in main page

- ShoutBox
. only users can shout
. moderate shoutbox by admin and moderator
. auto refresh
. bbcodes
. smileys
. link to open an full page shoutbox
. popup shoutbox (optional)

The site should be made as stantard only with login, private messages and admin control, the things i described should be has modules, this is just my opinion.

I'm feed up of using others cms integrating forums, gallerys and much more things and at the end they dont work Sad

Site is based on templates made with css and html, no tpl. (my opinion)

- Main Ranks
. Founder
. Admin
. Moderator
. News writer
. Article writer
. User
> Family
> Crazy Freak
> Addicted Freak
> Baby Freak
> Wannabe
> Newbie
> Just Born

. Guest

Note: Founder should be able to change users ranks

- User profile
. Name (optional)
. Nickname
. Birth place
. Birthday
. Msn
. AIM
. ICQ
. Avatar
. Signature
. homepage
- user statistics
. number of commentaries
. number of photos
. number of forum posts
. number of news
. number of articles
. last 3 blogs

- Profile in forum and commentaries (show only)
. Nickname
. Rank
. avatar
. birth place
. number of posts or commentaries (depending if it is in forum or commentaries)
. profile link
. email link

Folders to use:

- Root
. Admin
. Docs
. Sql
. Includes
. Blocks ou modules
. Images
. Templates
. Languages
. Uploads

I dont know how templates work, if someone knows would be a great help. I know that smarty is the best template source to work, but dont know how to work with it Sad it would be nice to do templates using only {tags} to show stuff in the site.

this is an main idea if u got more say it Smile
i'm only suggesting to see if there's ppl to work on this Smile

For spammers who post here, their post will be deleted!so dont post stuff like "good idea", "yea do it" and other stuff. Only post people with real ideas and want to participate in building this!

DONT SPAM IN HERE!

so lets start people!!! Razz

mathiaus wrote:

To contribute please register below Smile
FriMs Developers Forum

BlackSkad
First of all, I recommend that you start with designing a module-system trough which it is easy to install new modules. It is impossible to start all together scripting, while there is no API on how to write modules. There has to be a solid core, written by only a few people, who have done such things before and who know how to code without errors and as less bugs as possible. The faster a stable core is available, the faster you can start with the rest of the modules. When the core is finished, there should be a well document API available of how to interact with that core. Don't go to rapidly over this part, as the future of the project depents on it.

Secondly, there has to be a place where the files are easily accessible and changeable. I ran into that problem with the Frihost Forum Project, which resulted in rather a failure of the project (which is also due to a lack of time from my side). But if those files would have been publicly accessible and editable, that wouldn't have happened. So make sure you have a good "repository" (either a wiki or cvs or something similar).

I wish you a lot of succes. Maybe I jump in by the end of June, when my exams are over (could be earlier if I get bored by studying Wink ).

BlackSkad
krazycapital
I'll help! I won't start immediately, but in about 2 weeks. Need to finish exams. I know everything except the AJAX.
Zach
mathiaus
Love the way so many people seem unable to spell my name correctly Razz

Right then, if this stays related to Frihost I'd love to be involved Applause
I'd like to suggest that your in charge since it's your idea
krazycapital
I agree with mathiaus:
Quote:
I'd like to suggest that your in charge since it's your idea

You should be in charge.
Astrolopitecos
its nice to see people that want to participate finally Razz

After the post of BlackSkad, i agreed with him, and i'm trying to get the best way to do the module system Razz

if u have any idea Smile

Staff:
- Astrolopitecos - organization, html, css, little of php and mysql, design
- BlackSkad - php, (x)HTML, CSS, MySQL
- Krazycapital
- mathiaus - php, (x)HTML, CSS, MySQL
- riv - css, html, design
- wumingsden

right?if anyone wants to join tell us what do u do and what u will do for the cms.

stay well Cool

P.S- sorry my bad english Razz stay to much time without writting Twisted Evil
wumingsden
I'm interest in the project, more than especially if it becomes "Official". I don't know ajax though Embarassed

I have exams for the next 3 weeks so I won't be able to get involved until these are over.
riv
I do not pride myself on PHP programming, and my last attempt at AJAX resulted in 10 bruises, 2 scars, and very, very sore eyes from looking at endless tutorials... Very Happy But I pride myself in my XHTML and CSS skills, and I'm willing to whip up some designs that can be easily used as templates when the need arouses. Just PM me, as I do not often frequent this section of this forum.
krazycapital
When are we actually going to start on this project?
wumingsden
krazycapital wrote:
When are we actually going to start on this project?

If we (that is if I'm accepted into the project) want it to be a success then in my opinion ideas have to more developed and final decisions need to be made.
krazycapital
Definitely we need a plan. And probably a list of stuff each of us need to do.
vignesh_natraj
if you have some money wht don't you choose IPB or vBulletin the best boards around with the features you have listed
krazycapital
What'd be the fun in that?
Rhysige
Exactly, besides a properly AJAX backed CMS would be awesome Very Happy alas I have no time.. but would love to watch this progress.
BlackSkad
Oké, I'm in, but you'll have to wait another 3,5 weeks before I can actually do something. You're idea comes on a very bad moment, with all those exams flying around Smile
Oh, and I can help with: php, (x)HTML, CSS, MySQL. Alas, I barely know anything about AJAX and I'm not much of a designer.

IMHO, a good thing to start with, is making a proper place where all info can be gathered in a clean way so that is easy to keep track of things. A wiki should be fine.

BlackSkad
ps: Oh, if everthing runs smooth and the core is on, maybe we could add a wiki Wink
mathiaus
vignesh_natraj wrote:
if you have some money wht don't you choose IPB or vBulletin the best boards around with the features you have listed

This would be for others to use so each individual person would then have to buy a seperate lisense

BlackSkad wrote:
Oh, and I can help with: php, (x)HTML, CSS, MySQL. Alas, I barely know anything about AJAX and I'm not much of a designer.

The exact same here Smile
Astrolopitecos
i got exams too but only in one month Smile
so i'm searching for some info for the best way to do a module system

i only found this

http://www.phpbuilder.com/columns/meyers20041216.php3?page=1

trying to search for more Smile

when to start?as soon has possible Smile
since its a work that will take some time to make it work at full power

happy to see that there's ppl available for this Smile

First steps are seeing my first post here and if its missing anything, say it.

then put stuff in order of work Smile

we need to define first the core, then go to modules system, after that develope modules and template engine (i found some interesting ones at sourceforge smaller then smarty) at end we should do language stuff.

if u have other better way to do this tell me Smile

For modules, how should we do?

- Modules/examplemod.php
or
- Module/modname/ mod stuff

i think if we do module in only one file it will be very confusing.

so lets put ideas together and at the right place so we can start this.

right know i'm working in a login system w/ admin controls that i got, so after that i can add module system.

do you prefer all to start by the beggining?from the scrach...like, db connection, from there to the rest?

how would u like to prefer to start?

Stay well Cool

P.S.- we need someone that knows ajax...i've been reading some stuff about it and it seems to be the future, if we cant find that person we will stay with only what we know Smile
Astrolopitecos
Quote:
IMHO, a good thing to start with, is making a proper place where all info can be gathered in a clean way so that is easy to keep track of things. A wiki should be fine.

what do u think about using phpwiki?
tikiwiki is to big Sad 41mbs is too much

or u prefer to be on sourceforge?
for the time being i think phpwiki is enough...dont u?
dokuwiki?
photon
we could create a sourceforge project as you pointed out. will be much easier to organize and keep track of everything. but that maybe useful only during the dev stage. not sure how it can help during the design stage..
mathiaus
Astrolopitecos wrote:
we need to define first the core, then go to modules system, after that develope modules and template engine (i found some interesting ones at sourceforge smaller then smarty) at end we should do language stuff.

I lokked into smarty templates a while back and was under the impression that it needed to be installed on the server?

Astrolopitecos wrote:
For modules, how should we do?
- Modules/examplemod.php
or
- Module/modname/ mod stuff
i think if we do module in only one file it will be very confusing.

Agreed. I vote for the latter -Modules/modname/mod stuff method of doing things. This allows greater flexability and expandability as well

Astrolopitecos wrote:
do you prefer all to start by the beggining?from the scrach...like, db connection, from there to the rest?
how would u like to prefer to start?

The start is the best place. That way we'll now exactly whats going on and have a better understanding of everything.

Astrolopitecos wrote:
P.S.- we need someone that knows ajax...i've been reading some stuff about it and it seems to be the future, if we cant find that person we will stay with only what we know Smile

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't need someone with is from the start so its not urgent and we can recruit someone along the way
Astrolopitecos
for those who wants to work on this go to www.opensourcecms.com and see the wikis there.

i think this 3 are the best for now
- dokowiki
- wikipage
- phpwiki

if we need something more powerfull we should go to sourceforge

here's something to read Smile

http://www.intranetjournal.com/php-cms/
BlackSkad
A small wiki seems enough, sourceforge would give us more problems than benefits now Smile

I agree on the Modules/modname/* part. It's more extendable Smile

Smarty indeed has to be installed on the server, just as PEAR has to be installed. That's why I wouldn't use those two, as it limits the usability of the script.

We should also think about which php-version we'll use. I suppose it'll be php4, as it was frihost supports, but php5 becomes more accepted rather quick.

Oh, and the beginning is indeed always the best way to start Very Happy
BlackSkad
mathiaus
That links rather helpful. A good basis to work from at the very least.

Wiki's make me cry Crying or Very sad . If we have to use I'd go with phpwiki or use sourceforge. How about a forum (as well)?

BlackSkad wrote:
Oh, and the beginning is indeed always the best way to start Very Happy

Applause
Astrolopitecos
i like wikipage because it looks like a blog Razz and its easy to use.
but the forum idea is nice too...i got one already running with smf, with a lot of info regarding cms, but in portuguese, i can put it in both languages so we can work from there...
it's in u'r hands Smile

oks, lets do from scracth! Twisted Evil

Folders:

Root
- Admin
- Includes
- Modules
- Images
- Templates
- Install
- Languages
- Uploads
- Docs

this must be on from the beginning.

lets work on:

define db infos, prefixs.

- DBconnection
- Validation
- Login
mathiaus
Anything you'd like anyone else to do?

I suggested a forum because this one topic isnt enough to communiate effectively. Good for attracting new people but thats it really.
Exclamation Oh and a name Exclamation
Astrolopitecos
then go here

www.projectoportal.co.nr

its an smf forum that i already started, have some codes and things Smile

no wiki, it will be forum for now.

name its the less Razz with time we're going to think in something.

for those who wants to help, when register in the forum, registe u'r self with the same nickname u have here, i put the forum for admin accepted only Smile

stay well
[FuN]goku
wait..... do you need people who know photoshop or graphics?
Astrolopitecos
yes we do for the stage we will build the template engine Smile
if u want to help us joint at the forum i told above Smile
selim06
Astrolopitecos wrote:
yes we do for the stage we will build the template engine Smile
if u want to help us joint at the forum i told above Smile

yeah i've just registered...If you validate i will join you and i hope so i will help you,may be i can't help enough but if you accept i want to join...
simplyw00x
I'd like to help, but in a couple of days (after the 9th of June). Exams Sad

I am ninja with PHP and mySQL, can competently do CSS and (x)HTML and whilst I'm not amazing at JS/AJAX I'm not too bad. I have also programmed 2 CMSs ground-up.
Astrolopitecos
simplyw00x wrote:
I'd like to help, but in a couple of days (after the 9th of June). Exams Sad

I am ninja with PHP and mySQL, can competently do CSS and (x)HTML and whilst I'm not amazing at JS/AJAX I'm not too bad. I have also programmed 2 CMSs ground-up.

join us we need a good team to do this Smile its a hard work of piece we got Razz
krazycapital
Now here might be a good question: Are we doing this in procedural (sp?) or OOP (object oriented programing)???
BlackSkad
At the moment, it's going OOP, but I guess it'll be a bit of both Smile
You can't build the system completely without procedural coding though, you need a way to start the script up.
mathiaus
The latter OOP Wink

@simplyw00x: Experiance is nice Pray , If you join you'll be one my most favorite frihosters Smile
Ryan Marcus
I can lend a hand if you need it, experienced with PHP and MySQL.
Astrolopitecos
Ryan Marcus wrote:
I can lend a hand if you need it, experienced with PHP and MySQL.

join us at the development forum Smile use the same nickname, so i can aprove u Wink
codeman
I'm in, I know HTML/XHTML, I'm working on mastering PHP and MySQL. My JavaScript skillz are RUSTY lol but I KNOW Java (not that I'd be willing to waist any of our time with that lol) and I'd be willing to learn and master AJAX for the project... sounds like something I'd be getting into soon anyway. Very Happy So yeah, please email/pm if you accept me into the project so I'll know... Thanks Codeman

PS I guess I failed to mention that I signed up in the forum before I posted this lol
mathiaus
everyone and anyone can join, just register att he forum mentioned above your post Smile
Look forward to seeing you there
Tyler
This sounds spectacular. If you need us, {Xenia Webdesign} will serve the project well. We're willing to do this for the good of the project. We can make the CMS look nice, and help with some other things.

~Tyler
Jamatu
I am very interested in this project and have signed up at the Project Portal forums. I know to an extent
XHTML
CSS
php
mySQL

I don't know any AJAX or Javascript
mathiaus
We changed forums Smile Please re-register at http://www.n4l.liberty-host.com/frims/forums/index.php
(n0obie doesnt like smf! Neither do I though and Phpbb is better for our purpose)

Well this is moving like fire! Join quickly before we finish Very Happy
Not quite that quick but I've honestly never seen something move so quick Wink
Marston
I could help with designs.

I think the name should be changed from frims to like, fricms.

Frims means Fri Management System, which sounds dumb.
n0obie4life
mathiaus wrote:
We changed forums Smile Please re-register at http://www.n4l.liberty-host.com/frims/forums/index.php
(n0obie doesnt like smf! Neither do I though and Phpbb is better for our purpose)

Well this is moving like fire! Join quickly before we finish Very Happy
Not quite that quick but I've honestly never seen something move so quick Wink

I hope Astro would redirect his .co.nr to the new website Rolling Eyes.
TeenZine
I suggest you have a store were you can change peoples tittle change your User name change an moderators aviator or other person for less of the currancy. I also think there should be games with a high score. Also I assume we all will be able to download this when it's done ?
selim06
TeenZine wrote:
Also I assume we all will be able to download this when it's done ?

It's too far away...Because coding CMS is real diffucult with our features...But we hope so soon Very Happy
Astrolopitecos
for those who wants to see news for the frims go here

www.frims.co.nr

stay well Cool
Nyizsa
I have just registered. I know some PHP, MySQL, (x)HTML and Javascript. I'm lame in design. Crying or Very sad
I will move in the middle of the summer, so I think I will be available after mid-august or september.
Good luck!
roeenoy
ohh nice idea...

the content that you wrote is very good

i think that i will work about it next week...
bladesage
This might sound a bit odd with all the things I've been asking for help with, but I would like to try and help. I just made a nice newsletter script, it seems to work fairly well (with HTML e-mails), and I didn't need help with it (I asked for some, but figured it out myself like 2 hours later). It reads email addresses and first names from a MySQL database, and sends a copy of the message to each one, greeting them by name.

I can do (note that not all of these are what you want):
-PHP
-MySQL
-(X)HTML
-DHTML
-CSS
-Javascript
-WML
-[Probably some more I can't think of right now Sad]

I can/would do:
-Newsletter
-Shoutbox (of course mathiaus did help out with mine)
-Various databases

I know this isn't a formal resume so to speak, but it's the best I can do on such short notice.

And I registered on those forums, if that's what you wanted too.

Please at least consider my application.
n0obie4life
I just addded you into the developers usergroup..
Blaster
I can work with things like maiting and differnt stuff like that. Keeping stuff in order. Seeing what we have done and dont' have done.

I can also do
-HTML

I really can't think of the others i can do but i can do other stuff. I work better controling and seeing what is going on and just seeing what needs to be improved and other stuff like that.

So i guess you can say i could be a tester and things like that.

But this week i have finals so i dont' know how much i can contribute and next week is the last week of school so i have a lot to do. So i may not have enough time.
Daniel15
Well, I can't really help with this (I don't have enough free time at the moment), although I can recommend a toolkit called Sajax. Sajax is an easy way to implement Ajax in a PHP script. It basically handles all the backend stuff (most of the JavaScript), so you don't need to worry about it.

Additionally, I'd suggest you use SafeSQL. It sanitises the SQL statements, and hence prevents any SQL Injection in your code. You can look through my DanPHPSupport script to see how I use SafeSQL Smile.
exarkun
Do you still need help? I am good with photoshop (only). Oh well, plus a medium knowledge of HTML.
and plus i think i am not available so soon if you all need me, because i had school stuff to work at too.
Ka7raK
I'm very good at PHP, MySQL and JavaScript. The backbone of my scripting life is C, which means i rule Twisted Evil . I'm in for the challenge!

MSN: katras-katraia@hotmail.com.
LukeakaDanish
If you need a template designer i can do XHTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and im also a very capable graphics designer

I have registered on the project forum for further communication...
hack_man_
Cool! I love it! It would be good to have something designed by the people, for the people! I find that other CMS's are to complex, like Joomla and it's predecessor Mambo. It can get very confusing, very quickly. Particularly with Categories and the other thing very similar, one of them required the other to work and does nothing in particular that I can see.

Isn't AJAX what Gmail is programmed with? It would be amazing if we could get it completely written in AJAX! Wouldn't we need to include CSS as well? Or can that be combined with AJAX?

I am not that great at programming, but I am a very good writer! Maybe I could do some BETA testing when it is a little more developed and then write the documentation for the final release?

I would love to be part of this project! PM me ASAP!
jayandsilo
I can help with design work. PM if you need me.
xzoz92
ok i wanna help with whatever i can do but i can only code in html n pretty much nuffin else but i cna stand for ideas and positive thinking ^^

since i dont know very much i dont see how much help i can be of but i wanna help with what iwe got

p.s. i have registered on the forum
James007
Could you give us an update? Have you already done something?
wumingsden
James007 wrote:
Could you give us an update? Have you already done something?

Just took a look at it and it looks pretty good. Don't really know whats going on because I decided to remove myself from the team at the moment but I still have access to files incase I want to submit an edited document.

Looks like english language files are well underway. The template system has also been put into place with numerous files making up a template (so far). The db connection was done ages ago. It runs off a module system also which seems to be working fine, currently there are: "downloads", "news", "randon text" (quotes, I am gathering), and "shoutbox".

So, a re-cap:

/ - done | x - not done | ? - possible additional features

[/] - db connection (including db queries)
[/] - Template system in place based on ETs.
[/] - Module system in place....
- - - - - Consists of a news, chatbox (shoutbox), quotes, and downloads system.
- - - - - - - - - Shoutbox ~ ? % complete
- - - - - - - - - News ~ ? % complete
- - - - - - - - - Quotes ~ ? % complete
- - - - - - - - - Downloads ~ ? % complete

[x] - no clear hierarchy of language files

[?] - Work on other db's.
[?] - Languages, for now, aren't seperated into their own folders (will probably change).

I'll try and get regular updates from the team and post them here.
hack_man_
How do we submit ourselves to this? I have posted here and got no reply, and I have regstered on the other forum and gotten no validation e-mail. I PM'ed n4l about the validation thing, seeing how it is on his Lh hosting account and got no reply.

Is this project a sealed deal or something?
mathiaus
No its still being worked on Smile
I just validated you at the forum. Don't know why you didnt recieve a validation email though Confused
Soulfire
This sounds awesome, I would really like it because I've tried (and failed) with many CMS's. There doesn't seem to be the right one for me.

Just some advice: Make it VERY customizeable. For instance, allow the administrator to change the forum ranks, etc. The little things are what matters.

Good luck, I'll be watching (if I had PHP talent, I'd be helping, but alas... nothing).
silentpark
if you still need staff i would be interrested Smile
(especially design but also css, html and a little of this and that Smile

so.. well i registered to your forums.. i'll see Smile
Marston
Like I said before: FriManagement System doesn't make sense... Should be changed to FriCMS...

That being said, I'll help with the design. I'm pretty accomplished at CSS/XHTML (W3C Valid). I can also write limited PHP interfacing with MySQL.

Yeah, so... I registered, but no activation email, at least not within 6 minutes of registering... Crying or Very sad
Marston
Yep, 4 days later.

Still no activation email...
mathiaus
validated you
Its not my account so I can't even begin to try and work out whats wrong so I turned user validation off Very Happy
Marston
Hehe. Thanks.

Anyways, I can't seem to login. I either get a blank page, or just get redirected to the login page... Sad I think there's something wrong with your host.
bladesage
Marston wrote:
Hehe. Thanks.

Anyways, I can't seem to login. I either get a blank page, or just get redirected to the login page... Sad I think there's something wrong with your host.

That's odd, it doesn't give me any problems...

I wonder what could be wrong Think
SainT
Your forum registration is a bit screwed.

Try fixing the confirmation code image.
zjosie729
I would really like to help. I know HTML/CSS and a bit of PHP.
I'm currently using the Textpattern CMS. It's great, but not perfect. Maybe it'd be a help to look at the code (for people that do know php) and learn from them?
Marston
The FriMS forum is down?!
mathiaus
n0obie was hosting it and he seems to have gotten rid of it Sad
We'll have to revert back to the old one sorry http://www.projectoportal.co.nr/

About the CMS, coming along nicely. Much slower than before though and Astro is away is for 3 weeks Rolling Eyes
bladesage
mathiaus wrote:
n0obie was hosting it and he seems to have gotten rid of it Sad
We'll have to revert back to the old one sorry http://www.projectoportal.co.nr/

About the CMS, coming along nicely. Much slower than before though and Astro is away is for 3 weeks Rolling Eyes

Alright, I registered at the forums.

Could someone be so kind as to approve my account?
Marston
Me too.
Hobbit
Same here please.
cr3ativ3
I will try helping I am trying to learn php atthe moment I already have learned html so I will try helping once I get some php down.
zjosie729
3 days...
I haven't received a validation email yet...
vln004
i must say, you guys are very ambitious. However, it doesn't seem (from the outside looking in) that you guys are very organized. For a system of this scale, with this many developers, you guys need a lot more organization. I suggest setting up something like a cvs so that code will be made available as soon as it's written so that you guys don't do any redundant coding.

have you guys thought about looking into some of the open source cms' and adopting some of their basic functions such as database abstraction layers and other basic functions. This would not only save an enormous amount of time, but would also allow you to see how the rest of the world is doing things.

Ajax, effects, etc could be done with a javascript library called jquery (google it) that's only about 10kb in size, you guys might want to check it out.
mathiaus
Everyone's been validated Smile

We do have a CVS. All the details about such things though are currently only being distributed to people involved and were stored on the now disappeared(deleted?) forum. The project manager (Astro) is away as well so hopefully when he's back it'll start up properly again.

The idea is to create something as unique as possible giving as little credit to other non-frihost-related people as possible. Sometimes we will do things the same way but coded differently obviosly for comatibilty but also efficiency of the overall system.

I don't think the standard cms will require ajax or the such but as extras for a shoutbox etx it will be an option. I know nothing about Ajax though so something like this will be suited but there are others to consider and licences to check first Sad
Astrolopitecos
Just to say that after 4 weeks on a boat trip i'm back to restart the project Smile seems like that mat has done some stuff Smile

soon we will give more news to u

stay well Cool
Astrolopitecos
we need good programmers fast!
the cms is going good but we need more programmers ASAP
we need to build some more features asap

stay well
MadMattD
Ill help, I know PHP, AJAX, and a bit of CSS.
Astrolopitecos
for those who wants to join us... Project Forum