FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Are You Addicted To The Internet?

What Would U Sacrifice 4 The Internet
Nothing
58%
 58%  [ 17 ]
A leg
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
both legs
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
the ability to talk
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
your whole world
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
everything above and more
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 29

CyanEyed
As my sig says, i do 40 hours per week on the internet and during holidays that jumps to 60 hours so i can say that i'm addicted with good reason. what would you sacrifice just to have access to the internet?

btw, you have 30 days for the poll.
FriBogdan
Oh....i must say that i stay very very long time talking or browsing the net. Hm...yes....i'm not a common user....i stay to about 30 hours'a a week.
selim06
yeah i'm addicted internet absolutely!I spend nearly all of my free time on the net...And i think i can't live without using it Very Happy
ocalhoun
I may be addicted to the internet, but I want more legs, not less. I'm more addicted to other things.
rightclickscott
I go on everyday, but I could got without-

Who the ****** am I kidding? I constantly check up on pages I know have updated to see if they atleast fixed a minor spelling error or something like that! I am always on!
meet in rio
I wouldn't sacrifice any of the above, but I absolutely miss the internet when I can't use it. At the moment my laptop is 6 car hours away and I'm missing my music and Photoshop, too.

I guess I'm addicted enough to walk a mile into town to use it in the library, but not to sever a limb. Rolling Eyes
Aless
I wouldn't call it ADDICTED - I can stop when I want Very Happy. However, I do like my time online.
UlrikeSE
About 30 mins after I wake, about an hour while at work, then about an hour or two when I come home.

I used to spend almost every moment I had on the computer, but I broke the unhealthy habit.
FerSx
Addicted ho me Question Question Question
only because I suffer of strange anxiety attacks when the internet provider suffer a breakdown! And spend hours looking the computer not knowing what to do!!!! Embarassed
Bhaaa I don’t need it! Rolling Eyes
I can stop any time I want Liar
IF U MESS MY LINE AGAIN I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
Mithrandir
While the internet is a great tool for many purposes (its informative, educational, entertaining, and great for communications), I can't imagine giving up any part of my body to continue using it. Its just not that important.
DeFwh
Ok i must say that to add on to what i already im engaged on the internet with i probably spend close to 65 hours on the internet.

This is mostly because I am constantly designing stuff for others or setting up websites. Also Im apart of a clan and I also talk to alot of my friends online and I do play several online games (Firstpersonshooters, RTS).

If youre going to be online a lot at least have a purpose to be on. I mean thats why forums were made so that we didnt forget that communication is still needed to get anything done.

Frihost is probably one of the more healthy internet addictions in the world because it is filled with a large amount of wonderful content that is both educational and meaningful.

Also make sure to take breaks like every 45 to 60 mins to avoid things similar to jet lag, psychosis, schizophrenia, diahrea, and also starving yourself. Remember the internet isnt your master you are!
sibbahz
I spend far too much time online but id rather give it up than lose my legs. Id go insane from not being able to go out as easy and id become even more dependant on the internet to do most things
SpellcasterDX
Mithrandir wrote:
While the internet is a great tool for many purposes (its informative, educational, entertaining, and great for communications), I can't imagine giving up any part of my body to continue using it. Its just not that important.

Same as me. I don't find the internet addictive. It is fun, educational, and a means of communicating with people from around the world, but I wouldn't give up any part of my body just to be online. I can live without the internet. (At least I think so. Laughing )
cheh
damn it, what about an option: Yeah, I'd sacrifase something, just nothing as drastical as that above Razz
or am I not addicted enough? Razz
because seriously, there are stuff, I'd be villing so sacrifice, but the things suggested are still a bit over the top Embarassed
No sex till the end of your live seems reasonable tho Razz Laughing
seriously, I think it's overrated anyway Very Happy
WebSiteGuru
Eventhou, I love the internet more than most anything in the world. I can not scrafied any part of my body.

If I did, how can I type, or use the internet. It would not be wise for me to do that. Wink
Josso
I use it a lot for most things I do. I have a website thats regually updated, theres my deviant art, forums, MSN, etc... so I use it quite a lot. But I wouldn't particually say I was addicted... I just use it a lot.
Assiez
oh sure I'm addicted to the 'net, but I wouldn't give up any of the choices for internet acesss. I can learn to live without it if I have too
Srs2388
I am not on that much I just get on for music downloads
recording
and making tracks to record with
email and chatting *mainly with my girl*
thats about it, I dont care to set here all day and then some
Hogwarts
Aless wrote:
I wouldn't call it ADDICTED - I can stop when I want Very Happy. However, I do like my time online.

I can stop when I want to as well, but... I don't want to stop!

What else is there to do here? It's always too hot or too cold outside and ... the air conditioner in this house rocks!
psycosquirrel
I am on the internet a lot, but I could get by without it. It would just be VERY inconvenient Laughing Therefore, I would sacrifice nothing listed on the poll for internet use.
netadvancer
I start using internet 6 years ago. Now i am searching a free web hosting to start my website. So, normally i spend 6 hours per day to search for resources over the internet. Anyone got any good website that offer free resources? Can you give me the address? Like free flash templates, because i plan to built my website using flash. Thanks here.......
Yazz
Hahaha, Addicted... Addicted? Addicted?!

Hardly. I totally don't need my internet. It's just there. Something hardly worth my time...

What... Handcuffed to my keyboard? <.<... So what? >.>

YOU CAN'T PROVE ANYTHING!

*Tugs at keyboard halfheartedly and sits down to surf some more*
windrei
i quite like the choice "the ability to talk ", haha. i am this kind of person exactly !! when i meet with my friends in face, i have nothing to say, very quiet. But when we meet on the net, i have to much to say... aiya, i want the other way round.
WebSiteGuru
Hogwarts wrote:
Aless wrote:

I can stop when I want to as well, but... I don't want to stop!

What else is there to do here? It's always too hot or too cold outside and ... the air conditioner in this house rocks!

Wanting to stop, and dont want to stop probably not addictive.

But when you cant stop, it tends to be.
Egmond
Why sacrificing something for the Internet. If it's gone, there will come a new sort of world-wide connection, perhaps even better! Let's all stop using the internet and let there come a better one!

Shame all of these guys are addicted -- i suppose you just don't want to stop??
Shiva
Well i wouldn't sacrifice a leg for MY internet connection.

But if it was the whole world, I could probeply sacrifice something of value Wink
caroline
I would sacrifice a leg Smile I need the internet for my homework, email, school, entertainment, etc, but I'm sure I could survive without it
That is if the severing is not a painful process...