FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Web Designer

rms230
what qualifacations do i need to be a web deisgner cos that is what i would like to be when i am older or if not a computer programmer
Schmarvin
There are many different requirements for the "big leagues" in web design.

But, for small personal sites, you don't need anything really. Just a simple sitebuilder program thats easy to follow.

If you are aiming higher for the professional-type design, they you will prolly need to take a college course with computers and graphic design, then computer programming. It's all to what you want.

The more you know, the better ( supposedly ), your skills will be.

I'm not the best one to tell you this, but choose what you like, try to get opinions of others, then merge other people's ideas with your own.

I hope this helps a little.
Fuhrer
The only thing you must know are http://www.selfhtml.org
brevity
There is a certificate called Certified Internet Webmaster. It's pretty easy to get with a basic knowledge, but it looks very nice on a resume.

check it out.
aningbo
interesting topic and links. i should as well get a certificate lolz
nappa
I have a question. The certification that you've got or the demo works of yours showing on your site, which one is more important to a client to choose a web developper?
JokeBoutMaple
I had rather programme games for game companies like "MapleSea", "Ran Online," "Ragnarok Online"... Games programming are hard but chalenging so I prefer that...
ivanegues
I have the same thoughts for my profesion, the best qualifications you can have is your work.

A piece of paper doesnt make a difference. You can have all the titles and be a bad designer or have none a be a great one.

The best architects in history (lecorbusier, Tadao Ando, FL Wringt, Luis Khan) didnt had an architect digree.
nappa
Programming a game doesn't hard as you thought. You just need those software call "game engine". In fact, some of the software give the user capability to make games very easily eventhough they know very little on programming. Try "game engine software" on google and you'll get some useful information.
webbone
basic: Html xml java
other:PHP jsp asp
JokeBoutMaple
wow~ you guys compare yourselves to those great architects? Or of course you don't need a deegree... But a deegree protects you from losing jobs which are good and limited...
nappa
Dude....I'm a graduated computer programmer, but what I mean is that skill sometimes can't value by certification. For example, how can you be so sure that if I get a Java certification I will definitely kick those ass who don't have it ? (and I've got the cert.)

Good professions are compared by previous works and experience. And of course less talk is more. When you talk so much about the certification a customer may doubt your really capability, so why don't just show them your portfolio instead?