FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

new design - opinions?

Assiez
I recently did a new design for my site which can be found here
http://vulcansforge.frih.net/new/

it's completely CSS based and has both valid CSS and XHTML

however, before I switch all my pages to the new design and launch with it, can I have some opinions and suggestions on how to make it better?

thanks
Hobbit
I really like it, nice color scheme.
selim06
Hobbit wrote:
I really like it, nice color scheme.

Yeah a good website!i think you can put the menu the left column!May be you can add a Rate system and inquiry column!Good chance.
Jamatu
I can't say anything bad about your site, the design is just great! All it needs now is some content and it'll look perfect.

Nice to see people using XHTML String also Smile
LukeakaDanish
Really well designed page! - guess it has to be if your a webdesign company though..Very Happy

There is something kindof wierd about the footer though...looks like the bakcground-image has repeated itself in an unwanted way (FF @ XP SP3)
sprinqles
I also noticed the problem with your footer, but aside from that your website's really neat! I love the design and the way its all put together. The color is just a tiny bit monotonous but if you're going for that kind of look then you've got no problem at all. Just add in the content and you're all set. Smile Goodluck! Smile
Assiez
thanks for all your comments guys.

Quote:
There is something kind of wierd about the footer though...looks like the bakcground-image has repeated itself in an unwanted way (FF @ XP SP3)

yeah I've noticed that problem as well...Been thinking about it for awhile but haven't been able to solve it. It apparently is the background repeating just a tad bit too much. I guess I'll mess with it some more in hopes of getting it perfect.

Quote:
The color is just a tiny bit monotonous but if you're going for that kind of look then you've got no problem at all.

I choose these colors mainly because in my opinion they look nice with each other, of course I'm always looking to improve things, any other colors you'd recommend?

Quote:
i think you can put the menu the left column!

I don't think I really understand, could you elaborate this a bit?

Once again, thanks for all your comments, not to mention compliments! Very Happy
Tex_Arcana
Hey, I like it. It looks nice and professional without looking boring. I don't know if you fixed the footer problem or not but when I looked at it with firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.Cool Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5) it looks just fine to me.

I say quit fishing for complements and go for it. Very Happy
briancoit
looks great. Nice and clean. Spot on as far as im concerned!
BearClaw
i'd agree with most of the other posts, very good over all design, color scheme, clean cut and to the point.
rajhank
good design, looks neat and clear but where is the content my friend.
ck88
Looks good to me. Clean and easy to navigate.
Koperek~PL
Yeah, this page is nice.
You are choose good colors and good location.
All in CSS great!

Salute! Koper'ek!
osbits
It is just so great ,I like the design and I like the site complete with code.A site with such design is what I dreamed of.