FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


What's Wrong with Making Money?





LA Ridge
I get this all of the time... "Sounds like you just want me to buy something."

Well, duh! Yeah, and I never lie about it either. So what is so bad about making money on the Internet?

If you don't have the money fine, but why do people put down someone trying to make a buck? If everything was free, then no one around here would be doing much more than sitting around wishing there was something to do.

We live in a country based on consumerism. Do I wish it wasn't so? Yeah, sometimes. But it is what it is.

So, does anybody here want to try to find a solution, or would you rather complain about the sad state of things?

My guess... ZERO RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD.

The solution... Act as a unit and come up with fresh new ideas. Probably not going to happen though. That has been my experience with forums so far. Lot's of talk, no action.

PM me if you are not comfortable talking about your ideas here. I am putting together possibly the largest entertainment oriented site that I can. I need people with good ideas and motivation to be a part of it. You got the stuff? Tell me about it. I'm listening.

Why would I choose this forum? Because you all are young and fresh with the whole future ahead of you. I get tired of just dealing with old farts my age, they are too set in their ways and not willing to be adventerous! This is the best time of your life to make your life start out better! Sure there is a lot of hurdles to jump, but doing it now sets you on a good road for the future!

Don't be stupid like me and blow off your education until later in life. Take advantage of what is right in front of you here, today! Use your imagination and dream. Those dreams are the answer to the question. The question is who do you want to be? The guy making 9 bucks an hour or the guy/girl making 100's an hour? There is no shame either way. If you are happy with 9 bucks an hour, that is really cool, but chances are you will not be. Trust me, I have been a low paid unskilled worker. It sucks!

I retired at the age of 42. Why? Because I could! So now I want to see how much I can do to make people realize that they don't want to be that old guy sitting in a rocking chair going, "Damn, I should have done that when I was young!" Happens every day! Live your dream now, as if it is happened already! Just believe that what you want is possible and it will come to pass. True story.

It may not happen the moment you think it should, but just remember that it will. But you have to contribute to your own plan! Nothing is automatic.

So think about it, and post to this thread. If you have the guts!
rightclickscott
Hey, I have no future ahead of me, so don't get my hopes up!

Anyways, I don't want my work or any of the work that my friends are contributing on your page, or anyone elses for that matter, unless you linked it back to my page. If you want to use stuff from my page, you have to link my page to any of the content, or you can put up a banner that I have available that'll link back to mine. If you're going to use any, I would suggest the first one, the animated one, because it's not still! If you don't want to take the time to click the banner I have in my sig, then use this handy link I made especially for you! I love publicity!
coolclay
Quote:
Live your dream now, as if it is happened already! Just believe that what you want is possible and it will come to pass. True story.
You act as though money gets you everything you want. What ever happened to working a dream job. Living your dream and making lots of money are very different things, and sometimes are complete opposites. A buddy of mine, was going to school for his dream job, an adventure educator, and his dad talked him into quitting school and working for his business. He was making tons and tons of money but he was 100% miserable. Yea he had a nice car, and anything else he wanted but he couldn't stand working a desk job no matter how much $ it payed. So he decided to go back to school for adventure ed. and continue doing what he loved. Now thats a true story. Making tons money and being happy are 2 completely unrelated and very often opposite things. America is one of the richest countrys in the world, and we are also one of the most unsatisfied.
LA Ridge
Addressed to: Right Click:

This has nothing to do with linking here or there. Although I appreciate the gesture, and I might take you up on your offer.

This has to do with something larger my friend. You appear to be a meloncholy personality, which is ok, I have been most of my life. But it is your words that drive me to believe this about you. It is not a put down, no. It is constructive to know how others might see you. Meloncholy people are quite creative.

So, back to the point. I am not talking about linky poo's or banner exchange. Come up with something more creative than that. I know you all have it in you.
Hobbit
There's nothing wrong with making money on the internet. My friends think I'm weird because I'm trying, or at least brainstorm ideas about making money on the internet. Only one has faith in me, the rest don't, but then again, whatever floats your boat.

@coolclay, what if he likes computers? And by making money from the internet, maybe he will be happy. I know that's my case, computers is something I love, just as much as music (yeah I know, weird), and if this was my job, I would be delighted. Of course, it probably wouldn't be as easy, since I know I also fool around in the computer (chatting, myspace), but it doesn't mean it would suck if this was my job.
LA Ridge
coolclay wrote:
Quote:
Live your dream now, as if it is happened already! Just believe that what you want is possible and it will come to pass. True story.
You act as though money gets you everything you want. What ever happened to working a dream job. Living your dream and making lots of money are very different things, and sometimes are complete opposites. A buddy of mine, was going to school for his dream job, an adventure educator, and his dad talked him into quitting school and working for his business. He was making tons and tons of money but he was 100% miserable. Yea he had a nice car, and anything else he wanted but he couldn't stand working a desk job no matter how much $ it payed. So he decided to go back to school for adventure ed. and continue doing what he loved. Now thats a true story. Making tons money and being happy are 2 completely unrelated and very often opposite things. America is one of the richest countrys in the world, and we are also one of the most unsatisfied.


Now see, that's what I am talking about!

First off, don't personalize things at me that state "You think", etc. I don't respect that kind of thing. You do not know anything about what I think.

Your ideas are sound and solid. You are definitely on the right track. What you don't know about me Scott is that I AM LIVING MY DREAM!

I retired at 42. Do you realize how young that is? I choose to work at what I want to do, so I quit the rat race, and I get a check every month and I do what I want now. Which is the business I am in. It's not about money, but that is what people understand. I do what I do because I WANT to. That is a whole lot different than a dream job.

The point I made earlier is that you are not going to get any "Dream Job" if you drop out of high school and quit your eduction. That was the point there. Is is possible to get a great job without an education? Not really. Not anymore. I don't like "Jobs" anyway, and I have to work for myself. It is just the way it is for me. Some people are good employees, I am not.

So what about people like me? Are they destined to go from job to job, unstatisfied and angry? Happens every single day all over the world. That dream job ends up being a full nightmare! Then what? How many of these jobs do you think exist? Not many.

So now at least you all are thinking. Don't like my answers? Good... Then get pissed and think! That is what it takes sometimes.
LA Ridge
Hobbit wrote:
There's nothing wrong with making money on the internet. My friends think I'm weird because I'm trying, or at least brainstorm ideas about making money on the internet. Only one has faith in me, the rest don't, but then again, whatever floats your boat.

@coolclay, what if he likes computers? And by making money from the internet, maybe he will be happy. I know that's my case, computers is something I love, just as much as music (yeah I know, weird), and if this was my job, I would be delighted. Of course, it probably wouldn't be as easy, since I know I also fool around in the computer (chatting, myspace), but it doesn't mean it would suck if this was my job.


Hobbit, I think you absolutely ROCK! So there... Another one who thinks you are not weird. Love your site, I am thinking about what I can incorporate to boost you up as we speak. I told you it is a really competitive business you are in. I know, I have been it it awhile. But that is ok, I think I can help you there.

My brochure site will be up as soon as I can locate my Admin Password. It's ready though.
alkady
Ridge, I agree with you 100%. Back when I was in Grade 8, My french class had a discussion on this "If there was no money, Wont the world be a better place". This was a debate, The teacher on her defence stated as I quote "That if there was no money on this earth, The world would be a better place because we wouldnt have those greedy people who care only about the money" and so on it goes for the whole class.

I was against this, For one. If there was no money, There would be really no motivation to advance this world. If it werent for the capitalist dream, I'd probably be on my bum doing nothing. typically being lazy. Second, How does a society function? Do people expect everyone to believe in the same value of doing your share in making the world a better place? I dont think so.
LA Ridge
alkady wrote:
Ridge, I agree with you 100%. Back when I was in Grade 8, My french class had a discussion on this "If there was no money, Wont the world be a better place". This was a debate, The teacher on her defence stated as I quote "That if there was no money on this earth, The world would be a better place because we wouldnt have those greedy people who care only about the money" and so on it goes for the whole class.

I was against this, For one. If there was no money, There would be really no motivation to advance this world. If it werent for the capitalist dream, I'd probably be on my bum doing nothing. typically being lazy. Second, How does a society function? Do people expect everyone to believe in the same value of doing your share in making the world a better place? I dont think so.


There is an old saying that goes "5% of the people do 95% of the work." Everyone else is marking time, punching a clock, can't wait to go home.

I too am basically lazy. Here is the truth... If you want to know how to get something done, ask a lazy person. They will know how to get it done with the least amount of effort!

The imagination will take us places that reality is already is aware of. It is all in our way of thinking that creates our reality.
rightclickscott
LA Ridge wrote:
Addressed to: Right Click:

This has nothing to do with linking here or there. Although I appreciate the gesture, and I might take you up on your offer.

This has to do with something larger my friend. You appear to be a meloncholy personality, which is ok, I have been most of my life. But it is your words that drive me to believe this about you. It is not a put down, no. It is constructive to know how others might see you. Meloncholy people are quite creative.

So, back to the point. I am not talking about linky poo's or banner exchange. Come up with something more creative than that. I know you all have it in you.


All I'm saying is that I have alot of shit on my site, and if you want to use it, you have to link it back to my page.
LA Ridge
rightclickscott wrote:
LA Ridge wrote:
Addressed to: Right Click:

This has nothing to do with linking here or there. Although I appreciate the gesture, and I might take you up on your offer.

This has to do with something larger my friend. You appear to be a meloncholy personality, which is ok, I have been most of my life. But it is your words that drive me to believe this about you. It is not a put down, no. It is constructive to know how others might see you. Meloncholy people are quite creative.

So, back to the point. I am not talking about linky poo's or banner exchange. Come up with something more creative than that. I know you all have it in you.


All I'm saying is that I have alot of **** on my site, and if you want to use it, you have to link it back to my page.


That would of course be the standard Scott. And I appreciate that. I would surely promote you and your site. Thank you and I will defintely take a harder look at what you offer on your site. Thanks again.


It's funny... Why am I not surprised at exactly who is responding to this thread? I knew you guys were the ambitious ones. So I figured you may reply.

What about some others? How about someone who is interested but doesn't have a direction yet? Anyone out there want to brainstorm some ideas?

Hobbit has a cool site there, and a pretty good idea. I haven't totally explored Scott's site yet, but I will. Any of you have an idea for a new site or business that maybe just needs some support?


Ok, Scott. I checked out your site a little more. There is some nice artwork there and so forth. I am not sure I entirely get it. But that is because I am old I guess. But still, looks pretty promising. So what is the jest of your ambition? Are you a cartoonist, or graphic artist, or a commentator. There is a little bit everything I just mentioned there.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts about your sites purpose and direction?
hahame
if u can not earn any money in the end,i think that is the worst result
rightclickscott
LA Ridge wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
LA Ridge wrote:
Addressed to: Right Click:

This has nothing to do with linking here or there. Although I appreciate the gesture, and I might take you up on your offer.

This has to do with something larger my friend. You appear to be a meloncholy personality, which is ok, I have been most of my life. But it is your words that drive me to believe this about you. It is not a put down, no. It is constructive to know how others might see you. Meloncholy people are quite creative.

So, back to the point. I am not talking about linky poo's or banner exchange. Come up with something more creative than that. I know you all have it in you.


All I'm saying is that I have alot of **** on my site, and if you want to use it, you have to link it back to my page.


That would of course be the standard Scott. And I appreciate that. I would surely promote you and your site. Thank you and I will defintely take a harder look at what you offer on your site. Thanks again.


It's funny... Why am I not surprised at exactly who is responding to this thread? I knew you guys were the ambitious ones. So I figured you may reply.

What about some others? How about someone who is interested but doesn't have a direction yet? Anyone out there want to brainstorm some ideas?

Hobbit has a cool site there, and a pretty good idea. I haven't totally explored Scott's site yet, but I will. Any of you have an idea for a new site or business that maybe just needs some support?


Ok, Scott. I checked out your site a little more. There is some nice artwork there and so forth. I am not sure I entirely get it. But that is because I am old I guess. But still, looks pretty promising. So what is the jest of your ambition? Are you a cartoonist, or graphic artist, or a commentator. There is a little bit everything I just mentioned there.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts about your sites purpose and direction?


I do alot of writing, because I know plenty of artists that will draw my comics for me, since my drawing is crap. I'm behind all of the webcomics, and I have plenty of new scripts ready for some new artists, but I'm also getting some new stuff this summer. Anything I do is in a manner of being funny, and if it isn't funny, then I either f*cked up somewhere, or I'm trying to be serious. I also did the entire site myself, coding and whatnot, because I was self-taught in HTML and took 2 web page design classes after I created my first site. What a fun childhood, slaving away at coding and whatever! Eh, we're getting new stuff, but the basic theme is geekdom and gaming, thus the use of such words as pwn or the replacement of exclamation points with ones. I'll inform you once we get some new stuff.
Hobbit
rightclickscott wrote:
LA Ridge wrote:
rightclickscott wrote:
LA Ridge wrote:
Addressed to: Right Click:

This has nothing to do with linking here or there. Although I appreciate the gesture, and I might take you up on your offer.

This has to do with something larger my friend. You appear to be a meloncholy personality, which is ok, I have been most of my life. But it is your words that drive me to believe this about you. It is not a put down, no. It is constructive to know how others might see you. Meloncholy people are quite creative.

So, back to the point. I am not talking about linky poo's or banner exchange. Come up with something more creative than that. I know you all have it in you.


All I'm saying is that I have alot of **** on my site, and if you want to use it, you have to link it back to my page.


That would of course be the standard Scott. And I appreciate that. I would surely promote you and your site. Thank you and I will defintely take a harder look at what you offer on your site. Thanks again.


It's funny... Why am I not surprised at exactly who is responding to this thread? I knew you guys were the ambitious ones. So I figured you may reply.

What about some others? How about someone who is interested but doesn't have a direction yet? Anyone out there want to brainstorm some ideas?

Hobbit has a cool site there, and a pretty good idea. I haven't totally explored Scott's site yet, but I will. Any of you have an idea for a new site or business that maybe just needs some support?


Ok, Scott. I checked out your site a little more. There is some nice artwork there and so forth. I am not sure I entirely get it. But that is because I am old I guess. But still, looks pretty promising. So what is the jest of your ambition? Are you a cartoonist, or graphic artist, or a commentator. There is a little bit everything I just mentioned there.

Would you be willing to share your thoughts about your sites purpose and direction?


I do alot of writing, because I know plenty of artists that will draw my comics for me, since my drawing is crap. I'm behind all of the webcomics, and I have plenty of new scripts ready for some new artists, but I'm also getting some new stuff this summer. Anything I do is in a manner of being funny, and if it isn't funny, then I either f*cked up somewhere, or I'm trying to be serious. I also did the entire site myself, coding and whatnot, because I was self-taught in HTML and took 2 web page design classes after I created my first site. What a fun childhood, slaving away at coding and whatever! Eh, we're getting new stuff, but the basic theme is geekdom and gaming, thus the use of such words as pwn or the replacement of exclamation points with ones. I'll inform you once we get some new stuff.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. But I think you are really lucky, my school only offers one web design class, and I 'peaked' through their lesson plan and looked at some of their work, and it looks like the teacher isn't pushing them at all! The teacher probably looks at the class as an elective, and not as something that people might enjoy. So I didn't take the class, I just taught myself.
LA Ridge
Ok, so cool. What is the visitor base like there Scott? No numbers, just low medium high. There are two of you that do the comic stuff alkady and yourself. So what are the general stats on attraction and hits? Are you SEO'ing or just depending on word of mouth. etc.?
rightclickscott
I haven't spent alot of time on advertising until I get all of my stuff in, including something new that I'm working on today. Yesterday, I took a series of screenshots of Dofus, and today, I'm going to put them in a funny/stupid story.

Still, I could get advertising from some fairly big sites at my own whim. It's the power that I have!

I still have no clue what my visitor base is, but it isn't gigantic. I have some favorite members ticked on at the Webcomic List, and there is a nice supply of forum posters at other places which like my work. I still get the very occasional fan mail from someone across the country, and whenever it happens, I get all warm and fuzzy inside.
LA Ridge
You're pretty comical yourself! Cool... So, what do you think may be a link between us? I mean I realize what you do, hopefully you really looked at my pages and know what I do, so do you see any correlation?

If not, then please take the time to read my content if you will. That may better help you answer that question.
rightclickscott
Yeah, I saw your site, you should link it in your sig instead of just putting the url in. I don't do any music anymore (my guitar broke '-_-), and I have nothing recorded, but I am managing a band that still hasn't recorded a damn thing (lazy bums). That could be the connection, but you might not want to be specific with music, you should be abit more general about the content you have. I could do a comic or two for you, if that would work.
LA Ridge
rightclickscott wrote:
Yeah, I saw your site, you should link it in your sig instead of just putting the url in. I don't do any music anymore (my guitar broke '-_-), and I have nothing recorded, but I am managing a band that still hasn't recorded a damn thing (lazy bums). That could be the connection, but you might not want to be specific with music, you should be abit more general about the content you have. I could do a comic or two for you, if that would work.


That would be cool. I have one on there, did you see that one? I'm not sure what you meant by being more general. I have to outline some specifics because of what I do. When people join and they becaome active at the forum, that will be more generalized and specific at the same time. But what I do has to be understood, otherwise why waste anyones time.

Plus that, I haven't even touched the tip of the iceburg on what we really do and how we do it. That I save for a phone call and they get a manual to read.

What linkage code are you referring to as far as my sig goes. Can you give me an example? The www button is there, so they can use that. But, I know what you are referring to generally, I just don't know the code exactly.
psycosquirrel
Its called BB code. Under your profile, you should add the code:

Code:
[URL=www.megamonstermusic.com][img]imagesource.format[/img][/URL]


And I say nothing is wrong with making money. Money drives the USA, it drives me, and will someday make me better than most, if not all, of our great nation. I believe in not only being happy and healthy financially, but also in every other aspect of life. I plan on being as ambitious as possible, eventually becoming some sort of attorney. Right now, I am working towards that dream by working a summer job to raise money for college. I will be majoring in Computer Engineering and then going on to Law School to probably work on patents in computer hardware or something of that sort.

Now on to online money-making. Nothing is wrong with it! It is a great idea. I would be willing to help you some if you would like, I know quite a lot about computer software, hardware, and everything inbetween. But, unlike you, I use the internet for enjoyment and learning. I do not wish to make money off the internet, because it involves too much time and effort for how busy I am.
LA Ridge
psycosquirrel wrote:
Its called BB code. Under your profile, you should add the code:

Code:
[URL=www.megamonstermusic.com][img]imagesource.format[/img][/URL]


And I say nothing is wrong with making money. Money drives the USA, it drives me, and will someday make me better than most, if not all, of our great nation. I believe in not only being happy and healthy financially, but also in every other aspect of life. I plan on being as ambitious as possible, eventually becoming some sort of attorney. Right now, I am working towards that dream by working a summer job to raise money for college. I will be majoring in Computer Engineering and then going on to Law School to probably work on patents in computer hardware or something of that sort.

Now on to online money-making. Nothing is wrong with it! It is a great idea. I would be willing to help you some if you would like, I know quite a lot about computer software, hardware, and everything inbetween. But, unlike you, I use the internet for enjoyment and learning. I do not wish to make money off the internet, because it involves too much time and effort for how busy I am.


Thanks for the code. I can see your really intelligent and ambitious. If you get a chance, check out my site there. Really dig through it and get a good feel for what I am up to. Some of it, well a lot of it is Internet, but there is more to it than that. I tried to be informative enough, but the whole story is not on the site it is at the forum. That is where business takes place.

I'll implement this code later (I think... lol) and after you get a chance to read my content, tell me if you see anything that might work with your lifestyle that you can contribute. Thanks psycosquirrel!

Ok, I tried that code a bunch of different ways and I could not get it to work. that "url" tag has always baffled me. Like I said, I tried a bunch of different configurations and it was a no go, so I settled on a straight url at the bottom of the logo. Thank you though for trying.
rightclickscott
GRR, I hate Internet Explorer! I'll give you the complete code for the link when I get home, or get a better browser, because IE doesn't just let you view the image, no, that would be too conveinent. All you really need to do is put in the image url where is says imagesource.format in the code that psycho squirrel put up.
LA Ridge
rightclickscott wrote:
GRR, I hate Internet Explorer! I'll give you the complete code for the link when I get home, or get a better browser, because IE doesn't just let you view the image, no, that would be too conveinent. All you really need to do is put in the image url where is says imagesource.format in the code that psycho squirrel put up.


Scott, you are making assumptions. lol I haven't used IE since Mozilla first came on the scene in the late 90's.

I have just had trouble with that url tag. Don't worry about it, that link is good enough. The WWW button is there too. Probably won't see that many people from this forum that are interested in my business anyway. Hobbit did join my forum though, that was cool. I need the support posts to show some activity. There are lots of topics to choose from.

Thanks for the help Scott, you are a pretty cool person.
rightclickscott
LA Ridge wrote:
Scott, you are making assumptions. lol I haven't used IE since Mozilla first came on the scene in the late 90's.

I have just had trouble with that url tag. Don't worry about it, that link is good enough. The WWW button is there too. Probably won't see that many people from this forum that are interested in my business anyway. Hobbit did join my forum though, that was cool. I need the support posts to show some activity. There are lots of topics to choose from.

Thanks for the help Scott, you are a pretty cool person.


Thank you, here's the code anyways:

Code:
[url=http://www.megamonstermusic.com][img]http://megamonster.jconserv.net/www/megamonster/logos/Mega_Serious_Promotion_Forum.gif[/img][/url]


Here's the code in action:



You know what to do now, just copy and paste it where the image tag is in your signature.

You are right when you say that many people wouldn't be interested, most of them are little, dumb kids or just people who are posting here for the free hosting. However, there are still people who want to do some business deals, like me. I like being able to make shit happen just like that.
LA Ridge
rightclickscott wrote:
LA Ridge wrote:
Scott, you are making assumptions. lol I haven't used IE since Mozilla first came on the scene in the late 90's.

I have just had trouble with that url tag. Don't worry about it, that link is good enough. The WWW button is there too. Probably won't see that many people from this forum that are interested in my business anyway. Hobbit did join my forum though, that was cool. I need the support posts to show some activity. There are lots of topics to choose from.

Thanks for the help Scott, you are a pretty cool person.


Thank you, here's the code anyways:

Code:
[url=http://www.megamonstermusic.com][img]http://megamonster.jconserv.net/www/megamonster/logos/Mega_Serious_Promotion_Forum.gif[/img][/url]


Here's the code in action:



You know what to do now, just copy and paste it where the image tag is in your signature.

You are right when you say that many people wouldn't be interested, most of them are little, dumb kids or just people who are posting here for the free hosting. However, there are still people who want to do some business deals, like me. I like being able to make **** happen just like that.



Thanks a lot Bro. I have had the time of my life with that one tag. I never used it before, but that rocks, Right on!

Let us address the "Little Dumb Kids" thing for a moment. I think a lot of these kids, if given the chance, can really do some stuff. And it is great to be a kid! Growing up too fast is not always a good thing. Be a kid as long as you can! I am more of a kid now than I ever was! The grown up world sux and is too full of retards. Being a kid is fun, and fun is good! Since I don't work for anybody but me and my clients, I like being a kid! Jaded and tainted and full of sad, sad stuff. That is the majority of grown ups that I know.

We can make some serious coin and still be cool! No sense in being a retard just because you're rich! Small boys, BIGGER TOYS! That's all it should be really.

If you want to help me out, and I can do the same, copy and paste some of your stuff that you do with the comics and so forth to my forum. Banner up there if you want to also and I will banner you up on my site.

If you can... Thanks
Hobbit
Dumb kids is a terrible assumption. Everyone starts out somewhere! I started out on Geocities looking for hosting, then Freewebs, and finally Frihost when I discovered php and mysql.
mying
nothing wrong with making the money. Smile
rightclickscott
mying wrote:
nothing wrong with making the money. Smile


I call spam on that.

LA Ridge wrote:
Thanks a lot Bro. I have had the time of my life with that one tag. I never used it before, but that rocks, Right on!

Let us address the "Little Dumb Kids" thing for a moment. I think a lot of these kids, if given the chance, can really do some stuff. And it is great to be a kid! Growing up too fast is not always a good thing. Be a kid as long as you can! I am more of a kid now than I ever was! The grown up world sux and is too full of retards. Being a kid is fun, and fun is good! Since I don't work for anybody but me and my clients, I like being a kid! Jaded and tainted and full of sad, sad stuff. That is the majority of grown ups that I know.

We can make some serious coin and still be cool! No sense in being a retard just because you're rich! Small boys, BIGGER TOYS! That's all it should be really.

If you want to help me out, and I can do the same, copy and paste some of your stuff that you do with the comics and so forth to my forum. Banner up there if you want to also and I will banner you up on my site.

If you can... Thanks


You're damn right, it does suck, but when you live in an apartment with people who have stuff like money, or jobs, it's easy to sit on your ass all day. I've been getting up early alot for no reason, probably because that's what I'm used you. I do act like a kid, because all I'm really doing all day is playing games, and doing work to compensate for rent, but it's not that bad, some dishes now and then, taking laundry to the mart, you know, grunt work, I can put up with it, because I used to do it all the time. I still act like a kid with everything I do, Flying Spagetti Monsterism included, but I can still be mature. I really don't ever want to grow up, because of all the "spending money for years to finish paying off houses" and whatnot , because all I really want to do is entertain people and play video games. It's all I ask. BUT THE MAN is trying to keep video games down! wtfsupwitdat!? They best be steppin' before a I karate chop their asses Shame on you . </rant>

Anyways, I'll do what I can to promote you, because I have plenty of people I can promote, but I want to finish my site first before I start promoting. Now I've got to go make a list of affiliates and post in some other topics...
gail1367
Hi all,

There is nothing wrong with making money. But if you beleive everyone who tells you that you will make so many $$$ in this amount of time. Then you are illuding yourself. if you believe you can do it on your own you can't. But if you have the desire and the Support then YES you can most certainly make money on the internet.

You won't do it overnight but as a team you will SUCCEED....

Gail
LA Ridge
Yeah, That's good information. Very good. Check out my site please. You are a talent, I can tell. Check it all out including the forum. Ok? I would really like that if you did. I can really enjoy having a team player around. Thanks.
rightclickscott
I just wish people would read alittle more of this thread aside from just the title.
LA Ridge
Give me another title idea, I respect you and would change it if you think it would be better. You gotta read that bashing I gave that dude called Jox something or the other, or whatever. Man, I get annoyed at people who jump your balls for nothing... Damn. I started a fight club on my forum. It isn't ready, but you must check it out... lol
rightclickscott
Hahaha, I like the title, and I have to read this now. I'm gonna go join your forum.
joxang
Quote:
You gotta read that bashing I gave that dude called Jox something or the other, or whatever.


I can't actually believe you. I came to this thread to post something constructive, and find you BOASTING about writing a 9 page essay showing that you're sexist, racist, bigoted and without any logic whatsoever?

Please everyone, do go read that thread. You'll spot it easily enough - it's on the music board. Then you'll see what this guy's really made of.

Now I've forgotten what I was going to say about money :p.
JSmile
this thread took a nosedive...

I still enjoy money though Cool
LA Ridge
As soon as Joxstrap shows up at a thread, it gets ruined. Take her advice and go read what she did to my last thread. Thanks Joxstrap!

Anyway.... Cool Scott, it's gonna be fun over there. I am not finished with it yet, but I should have it done before Sunday I think. A couple of people from the old site I used to work for came over, and Hobbit came over and posted an article.

Have you guys checked out Hobbits site there? I think that's hot! Since I worked for many years in the industry, I thought I would give him some ideas and cross pollinate his forum with our music people. His www.bandoftheweek.com site has a pretty descent theme I think. I was suggesting he put an "s" in it, bandsoftheweek and spot on more contests, make it like an All Star game scenario. I'm not sure, but it might expand that site a lot, or maybe not. It's worth a go though.

Jsmile: Are you working on a site idea at all? I need a multiplayer game site to joint venture with. Or someone who can operate the mods on a server. I have no idea. I would even go for a flash game site. I have 100's of those, but I didn't want to blow all my bandwidth because my site is like a business brochure. The Forum is the business end.

That's it, I could use a Frihoster situation with someone wanting to run a flash game site with a buttload of games that I have already. That would be cool!
Related topics
How to become a millionaire on the internet?
Making Money with Ads...
Are you making/trying to make money out of your website?
Maybe a money making bit...
Making Money
What's the best money making schemes on the net
how do you guys making money on the website???
Making money online
Making money from your hobby
Making money with my website...help!
Making Money From The Internet
Are you Making Money with Google Adds
how to make money on the internet
I have some free money making Ebooks for you...
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.