FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Picture resizing software :?:

FerSx
Hi there
A friend of mine just got marry last month, and I just got all the pictures off all the cameras that where in the party.
Now I was thinking on loading them up to my frihost account to give him some web page so he can share the pics with his family and friends that aren’t here. The only prob it’s that all pictures are in hi resolution (actually 2 full CD’s), know is there a program that can shrink all the pictures at once at a desire format, Question or do I have to go one by one in photoshop Question …(PLEASE GOD NO) Shocked

It will be a lot of help if it creates small thumbs of the pictures too, I know there are programs that make it but can’t remember of any one!!!!

If any of u cant point at any off them will be grate, doesn’t madder if there r Freeware shareware or demo just need it to transform all those pic in a fast ease way

Tnx a lot in advance for any help… Cool
rusayub
As for me, I use Photoshop for resizing all my photos. It is usefull and rather simply in use. Also there are a lot of "small" programms can be used for such aim. You can find special plugin for Photoshop, which let me resize a plenty of photos at the same time.
FerSx
rusayub wrote:
As for me, I use Photoshop for resizing all my photos. It is usefull and rather simply in use. Also there are a lot of "small" programms can be used for such aim. You can find special plugin for Photoshop, which let me resize a plenty of photos at the same time.

Hmm a Photoshop plug-in will be awesome, any god one in mind???
Just don’t want to go one by one in Photoshop. I know its ease but u can get insane when they r more ha 800 pics to resize.
megafx
heya, this is the best resizing software ever!
http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/
and best thing is, its free!
Another thing, if you get a http://www.flickr.com account then thier uploader can resize your pics too!
lSaKenl
Easy, download the gimp, easy to use, good, and free ^^
FerSx
tnx all just what i was looking for.
Know just have to look for the time and start resizing all the pics Wink
Traveller
Although the GIMP is a great program, it doesn't resize multiple files and is overkill for this particular application. Instead, try "Pixresizer" (http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm), which is good freeware with no adware or spyware. In addition, it is not just for thumbnails, but also allows many other sizes, including custom settings.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the GIMP. If you have other image-editing tasks, by all means, get it - it is wonderful.
shwetanshu
Well i use Irfan View, light and simple to use
FerSx
Traveller wrote:
Although the GIMP is a great program, it doesn't resize multiple files and is overkill for this particular application. Instead, try "Pixresizer" (http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm), which is good freeware with no adware or spyware. In addition, it is not just for thumbnails, but also allows many other sizes, including custom settings.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't get the GIMP. If you have other image-editing tasks, by all means, get it - it is wonderful.

WOW tnx Traveller. excellent prog, just what i was looking for.
Yep beeng plaing with GIMP and excellent prog too.
selim06
http://www.naturpic.com/resizer/index.html
Just for resizing photos and images...And a freeware look i'm using it it isn't perfect but usefull!and it can change the photo format if you want.
looksbad
i would go for photoshop.. i know its not free but you can do so much more than just resize on it and getting and learning photoshop can prove to be very benificial Smile
FerSx
looksbad wrote:
i would go for photoshop.. i know its not free but you can do so much more than just resize on it and getting and learning photoshop can prove to be very benificial Smile

Actually I have photoshop and know how to use it, not an expert but can defend my self with it, and with it is a pain to resize a bunch of pics, u have to go one by one.
In contrast with bluefive (tnx allot again for it) that let me select a bunch of them and resize all at once to a specific size and res. And just retouch in photoshop those photos that need to, it’s a work saving apls, and an excellent too; I was going insane Brick wall resizing over 800 pics one by one.

BTW tnx you all for your replays. Very Happy
belumadalah
To resize your image you first need an image you need an image editing program. A simple, widely used image editing program for example is Adobe Photosop. Simply by clicking = image, image size. Input the image size as you wish.
Portland
irfan view is a light software, free for personal use, and has all basic features.
www.tucows.com/preview/194967
Atishay
Hi,

I have a very nice solution for resizing the images.

The software which I will suggest will do the job for you.

It can be used for any purpose Regarding image like to contert from bmp to jpg. From gif to png. And any other dam thing you want to do

Setting picture quality is also one of its features.

And the main feature resizing it is very cool.

You just have to specify a directory and there you go.

I know you are curious to know its name so here it is -
Mihov Image Resizer

To download it Type it at "http://www.google.com" and take the first result.

Hope its useful.

Thanks
Atishay
Xavier
Yet another vote for Adobe Photoshop!
It rocks!
Vashni
I use photoshop for most editing, but i have XP Media Center, so it has a resizer built in to it. i use that for basic image edits
borud
I've tried several different resizing programs and a lot of good ones too, but the main problem is that they are so rearly free. The demos are so limited and that sucks..
saurabh.sauron
i recommend IrfanView and Adobe Photoshop. if u want a lighter alternative to photoshop, GIMP is the best.
shalpin
If you are comfortable with command line tools, or scripting, I'd recommend ImageMagick

It can do a fair number of the things you can do on more sophisticated packages (like GIMP), but from the command line, so you can easily script it. There's a site with examples of how to use it for common (and some not so common) tasks, including resizing.
namanh
just using image resizer in window update tool
thi can resize mass picture
woodcrestretreat
If you are using Windows XP a simple image resizing tool "XP Power Tool"can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
This allows you to resize multiple pictures at one time and you can choose to keep or delete the original.
Tumbleweed
Photoshop and the "save for web" option......if you wanted you could create an action so you can do more than one at a time.
eznet
woodcrestretreat wrote:
If you are using Windows XP a simple image resizing tool "XP Power Tool"can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
This allows you to resize multiple pictures at one time and you can choose to keep or delete the original.

This is the one... I love PS and use it for most all editing but with that said the free power tool from M$ is perfect for on the fly resizing before web-use not to mention it being integrated into the right-click options for pictures in explorer.
babumuchhala
The Best in the business is Irfan View, and the best part is that it is absolutely FREE.

You can view anything from images to movies and even listen to songs (needs plugins pack)

Irfan View can even help u edit the picture a bit in addition to resizing and cropping and everything.

A really good alternative to photoshop if all u want to do is resize and crop image.

For the downlaod link use my sig Very Happy
{name here}
You don't have to download anything! Paint can resize pictures. Open your file in paint, under the image menu click stretch/skew. Under the stretch frame shrink your image by a percent for each its width and height, make sure they're the same or they'll be distorted.
Lapinbleu
{name here} wrote:
You don't have to download anything! Paint can resize pictures. Open your file in paint, under the image menu click stretch/skew. Under the stretch frame shrink your image by a percent for each its width and height, make sure they're the same or they'll be distorted.

Paint? What, MSPaint? You just have, I hope, to be joking...

Irfanview is light, fast, can batch resize, change formats, show image types that you and I have never heard of. And it's free. And Irfan's a nice chap - we wrote and said that a fade between images in the slideshow would be a nice idea, better than an abrupt transition. Within three months it was done! There are thumbnails... Hitting "Enter" shows the image full-screen, re-sized to fit... roll the mouse-wheel and you scroll through the folder... Look no further, this has to be one of the best simple image softwares available, at any price. Don't forget the plug-ins zip file...

Oh yes, and he's a handsome lad... http://www.irfanview.com/main_about.htm
shenyl
I would like to suggest using FastStone Image Resizer.
It is freeware, and does resizing pretty well.
It allows for fixing the output width or height and keeping the original ratio of the image.

Allows for Timestamping (including using the EXIF) on the output as well.

You can get it from www.webattack.com > Freeware > Graphic Tools > Image Processing.
biedr0na666
good somebody mentioned FastStone. it's quite cool, free image viewer - a good option to replace irfans and acdsee's (i personally disliked both, and now i found faststone a very nice program)

good for multiple image resize/rename/watermark/sharpen and so on.

to find it, i guess you just type it in google... (like everything else nowadays;))
megamass
try googlling and searching for BATCH IMAGE RESIZE tools. there are loads of them, so just try and take the best one