FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

voice separator software!!

dodah
hey guys i need a software that can separate voice from music in an audio track...and ofcourse i'll be thankful if it is a shareware or a freeware..but if not it's still ok,just give me some names Wink
Stubru Freak
I would be surprised if this exists
BlackSkad
Well, then I have a surprise for you StuBru Freak:
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/downloads/remove_voice_song_info/

The first program should be able to remove the voice from the song. I haven't tested it though, so don't kill me if it's wrong. I'm just echo-ing the words from that page Very Happy
Also, I do not know for sure if it is freeware, or not. There's a download link, but there's also a price mentioned. So I don't know.

BlackSkad
Stubru Freak
Cool! I had no idea something like this is possible with today's technology. Very impressed.
IceCreamTruck
With todays multi-track music often times the voice in on completely seporate track from the music, so removing the voice is a matter of decompiling the music to tracks, deleting the voice track, and recompiling the multiple music tracks into a song.

This would produce the same effect of music without the voice track.

There is software that goes in and litterally seporates the voice from the music and compiles what it thinks the music would sound like without the voice, but it does change the quality of the music, and on some notes you can still hear the voice slightly as it isn't an exact science. I'm sure that the more you are willing to pay the better the software is at doing the job, unless there is a large open source movement dedicated to this issue.

What are you making kareokee music or something?
elcyron
IceCreamTruck wrote:
With todays multi-track music often times the voice in on completely seporate track from the music, so removing the voice is a matter of decompiling the music to tracks, deleting the voice track, and recompiling the multiple music tracks into a song.

out of curiosity, wouldn't that require some sort of debuginformation? like the number of tracks originally used.
if decompiling was all that easy you might as well decompile it into a midi and add an voice track.

i really don't know anything about it, just wondering
digifotoman
Hi
I am a smalltime event video maker and sometimes we record live lecture etc and since there is no time to fix mic etc and we get verry poor quality voice with lots of room noice. If there is any software that can seperate voice from all this mix sound tracks will be an advantage and i dont mind paying for software as long as it does what i require for my video to sound better.
digifotoman
Hi
I am a smalltime event video maker and sometimes we record live lecture etc and since there is no time to fix mic etc and we get verry poor quality voice with lots of room noice. If there is any software that can seperate voice from all this mix sound tracks will be an advantage and i dont mind paying for software as long as it does what i require for my video to sound better.