FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Tablet

Hogwarts
Well. I'm looking at buying a tablet which is compatible with photshop/fireworks. I want it to have a handwriting feature and the general price range of it to $100-200. Does anybody have recommendations? Your help will be appreciated here =)
psycosquirrel
Like a wacom tablet? My friend Tom has one similar to this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16883100022
alkady
Well obviously the only choice you got is Wacom because it's a trusted brand used by many pros, Even Scott Adams, Creator of Dilbert uses a Wacom to do his comic strips. You do have other choices.
Hogwarts
I looked on http://www.wacom.com.au/products/graphire4/feature.html and it says it can be used for tracing. But if so, how do you know where you have traced???
defnet
Yo do the Wacom tablet have lcd screens (excluding the Cintiq). I need a tablet which echo the lines I have drawn (at least in black and white). Maybe a screen like the old B&W palmtops. That way I can see what I draw on the tablet for better hand-eye coordination.
brycearonium
Wacom is the way to go. I won one, and have been very happy with it. It feels good to use it. Depending on how much you spend is what kind you can get, or what size. I have the 99 dollar model, small amnd all, but i have been extremly happy with it. The only thing that is weird is if you use 2 monitors, it dons' woork too well with that, at least not for me. It's har dto explain.Each section of the pad represents a part on the screen, so it either gives you less control over each monitor, or limits you to one monitor. Liek i said, hard to explain, so you may want to try it out first if you have 2 monitors. But wacom is a great brand, great products, solid build. I am a graphic designer, and i love my wacom, so you might too!