FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Phpbb forum problems [wants account reset]

pacslim
I want a cms with phpbb forums but every cms
I install in every way thats possible, is giving me the same error that i had that made me delete my old one:

i cant acces/see the (phpbb) forums after install of the cms that includes em as a module, verry often i get an error code that looks like:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class in /home/... on line...
when i look at that line its allways a command to look at the db.php i setted al that up good but still its not working i even deleted everything from my public _html and databases after it reinstalled phpnuke 7.8 with fantastico same problem and no forums same with every thing i try !!!
Also it says redeclare so does that mean it allready was opened how can i solve this ?

I personally think its a hacker thats causing problems but my site is on server one so can this be the case or is it just an error i dont see ?

please help me asap thanks allready !

Wink Arrow
n0obie4life
Seriously, I cannot even understand what you are doing/saying.

Can you give me a link to your site?
pacslim
n0obie4life wrote:
Seriously, I cannot even understand what you are doing/saying.

Can you give me a link to your site?

http://tupac.frihost.net is my adress for the site im talking about, what i am saying is that whatever way i use to install a cms it doesnt work like it should after install, allways im having forum problems the rest works fine now i just reinstalled phpnuke 7.8 on it with fantastico and still it doesnt work, please help me i will even pay frihost money for it if u can get it working ! Wink Arrow
Bondings
It's most likely a permission of missing file problem in my opinion.

It could also be that the phpBB forum is redeclaring a class with the same name as your cms is using, maybe the db class in your case. Then you most likely need to use a phpbb forum modified for the cms.

But without a link to the error/problem in question, it's really hard to help you.
pacslim
Bondings wrote:
It's most likely a permission of missing file problem in my opinion.

It could also be that the phpBB forum is redeclaring a class with the same name as your cms is using, maybe the db class in your case. Then you most likely need to use a phpbb forum modified for the cms.

But without a link to the error/problem in question, it's really hard to help you.

Well, sorry to doubt u Bondings but, I don't think this is the problem because like i said with everyway i try to do it (by hand or by fantastico) and everytime i do it (I treid it now with phpnuke, phpnuke platinum, phpnuke maximus, allmost all 2 a 3 times) every time the forums which are part of it as a module, fail, ...

this time around ive installed phpnuke 7.8 with fantastico and when i set up all the stuff on it, after installing, so that the forum module which is a default part of it, should be working it just doesn't, now this time i get an empty forum page i can only see it with the test forum i made, in the admin panel of the forums, but not in the preview or on the site itself !

go to my forums

http://makaveliliveson.com/modules.php?name=Forums
or
http://tupac.frihost.net/modules.php?name=Forums

and see u just see a blank page instead of what is suppose to show:
a test section and forum in it that i made in the admin forums panel !

If anyone thinks he/she can solve this then i will send him my username and password (I will even pay ya frihost money for it) if they need it because im getting fed up with this, everytime its a fault with them forums whatever kind of cms with forums included i install !!!
I hope this was clearly enough and thanks again ! Wink Arrow
wumingsden
Did you remove installation files and chmod to the correct settings ?
pacslim
wumingsden wrote:
Did you remove installation files and chmod to the correct settings ?

Yes, I did every time !! before i even deleted the old cms and its database,then i treid to re-install another cms and then cmod it and removed em install files, i did like IT SAYS in install read me's !

Sum CMS I installed, i even treid diong it with an auto-installer (like when i treid phpnuke maximus, it even said it was installed perfectly !?) or when i treid diong it with fantastico and still no working forum in my cms that i just installed, and setted up good, ?!?

Bondings can u reset my account so i can try again with all clean, mayby that will help ?

I know it isn't cant be me, because, before this strange problem,
I installed my cms by hand, mather a fact when i try a diffrent host the same way it works ! without any problems ! please help me bondings I want to stay here on this amazing freehost called frihost Wink Arrow