FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Over 10,000 inactive members!

alkady
I've noticed in the memberlist section that well over 10,000 accounts never posted one bit in the forum. Actually their count are all at 0. I dont know how many there are like this but many have been like this for well over a year. It may have been suggested before but I think it poses a problem because it really makes the forum look inactive or people will think someone is trying to inflate the memberlist to make it look like the forum is big.

Perhaps these accounts should be removed? Or something.
noexes89
Those are actualy the split personalties of n00bie.
n0obie4life
I've pointed this out for the like the 10,000th time and Bondings doesn't care.

He just wants to be happy with the member count.
Marston
There's even a backend mod to remove/email inactive members.

It's tight.
TeenZine
Marson Bondings will not install mods he dosent make. HE practicaly said this a 100 times.
Scorpio
Yes I too suggested it a number if times

But bondings does not seem inclined on doing it

It is very misleading to do that/
n0obie4life
I know the why Bondings doesn't want to remove them.

He wants his community to seem like it's real popular. Besides, it's difficult to get to 10,000 user count.

He wants to stay happy, get it?
Hobbit
It's just a number, who cares. Confused
n0obie4life
Hobbit wrote:
It's just a number, who cares. Confused

Bondings does. Lots of other admins do too.

But lying about the actual number of active members is another case.
mathiaus
Bondings has already previously stated these accounts will remain. Whether this decision changes in the future we'll have to wait and and see.

Untill then ...
-close-
Bondings
Most forums do not remove the inactive members (with inactive meaning they didn't activate their account) with 0 posts. It indeed looks better with a higher number of registered members. And if you wonder about the high number of them, it's the same or worse for almost every forum.

However, removing them might help the performance/speed of the forums a bit, so I might eventually remove them. Wink