FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wordpress post upload problems

danito
Hello, when I try to upload an image with a wordpress post I get the following error message

"Unable to create directory /home/danito/domains/danito.frih.net/public_html/wp-content/images/2006/05. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

could anyone explain this to me? thanks
wumingsden
danito wrote:
Hello, when I try to upload an image with a wordpress post I get the following error message

"Unable to create directory /home/danito/domains/danito.frih.net/public_html/wp-content/images/2006/05. Is its parent directory writable by the server?"

could anyone explain this to me? thanks

CHMOD wp-content/images to 777

Edit: Sorry, forgot the explanation.

Quote:
Is its parent directory writable by the server

The images folder does not have permission to upload files. The current CHMOD will be 755 so files will not be able to be uploaded to it. The CHMOD 777 means read, write and execute access for everyone whereas the CHMOD 755 means read and execute access for everyone but write access only to the owner of the file.
joxang
u could just make a separate images folder in your public_html, and insert images directly into posts. It makes organising images much easier too...
danito
premium, one thousand thank yous.
Possum
Old Advice is Still Good Advice

thx
futurcat
As of today, solutions to that are very well documented in WP support forums. Permissions are very well explained.