FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Strange networks problem

rohan2kool
Whenever I restart my computer(or switch it on), all network address work fine. After sometime they just stop working. no matter which address I go to it always displays 'Could not connect to remote server'. Even http://localhost stops working. The message displayed is 'Could not connect to remote Server' in all browsers. I checked that the Apache services were running and even restarted them but it was of no help.

Please help.
Donutey
if your on a wireless connection (wifi) it could just be cutting out, or in some cases the dsl/cable will just cut out... at least that's the reason it happens with me.
rohan2kool
nope.. i use a phone line connected modem. But that is not the thing. Supposing that is the problem and am not able to access the net.. but atleast 127.0.0.1 should run (i.e http://localhost). It does not need any network adapters to run.
prongs_386
virii, corrupted network devices possibly
IceCreamTruck
When any version of windows suddently loses an expected connection, then weird behavoir occurs. This is not uncommun. I've had these problems too, and you have to figure out what is causing the network to break down like this. Are you using a router? If the internet connection is the only thing going down, then why is the local network affected? Bad router! Even if you suddently unplug the cable/dsl/phone modem from the router it should still support local networking.

BTW, outline how your system is set up, what OSs are you running on the computers, what router, what type of internet connection, and someone some where will be able to help more. Maybe even me, but I need more info.