FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

applegeeks.com

Lychee
This is some kinda geek comic for apple users.
Do you know it? Do you like it?
I like the style of it. Vector art just rulez! Exclamation
Tasa
I finally started reading it this past week and I must say it is good. But saying it is some sort of geek comic for apple users is really limiting the concept behind this comic. I has great characters and some funny storylines. At the same time I have never seen a comic be able to have a funny almost side splitting comic and in the same story arc get into this really serious action comic.

On a side note I started reading it after Fred of Megatokyo started talking it up so much, and a friend of mine informed me that I was not the only one with an evil squirrel. Mine never mention nuts though so I think mine is more evil.
rightclickscott
I never found AppleGeeks very funny, but I always check back for updates, because I read alot of comics. Hawk is an amazing artist, and you really have to watch him draw just to see how good he is. The fact that it supports Apple makes me very happy, even though I'm using a PC right now, but I still love Macs. I would suggest you read this one it if you haven't read it already.
KaolasHikarii
Hehe the very first AppleGeek Comic I ever read was the one about the Kool Aid man, about how he can be the perfect SErial Killer, haha. Anyway yes it does make me happy that there are some Apple Supports out there...all my friends say Apple Suck...thats because they dont know how to use it (although o.x the UI for the Apple is very intuitive and easy to use....)
Mental2k
Applegeeks rock. Its one one of the three webcomics im bothered to read as a regular. Megatokyo and ctrl alt del are the other two. may I recommend them as excellent?

Oh I will anyway, they're very good!
trilogy456
http://virtualapple.org/
You need Internet explorer for now but they say they're working on Firefox compatibility. Apple II games and Apple 2gs games can be played. It looks like they have 100's of games and it's all at no cost. If anyone can find O'del Lake game somewhere I'd really like to play it. Has anyone ever heard of the Apple (old Apples) program Logo?
urbanbuddha
Lychee wrote:
This is some kinda geek comic for apple users.
Do you know it? Do you like it?
I like the style of it. Vector art just rulez! Exclamation

I read a few comics, and I admire the art. Its not as satirical as I thought it would be like Penny Arcade... which is a stupid comparison, but that was my first impression.

Being a graphic artist in school... Macs are powerful, too bad my laptop was unable to run the OSXx86 version u_u... I need a USB keyboard lol...

Anyways I just wanted to reply saying that the art is Cel shaded. It is heavily influenced by anime and american comics. ^_^
Lychee
Mental2k wrote:
Quote:
Applegeeks rock. Its one one of the three webcomics im bothered to read as a regular. Megatokyo and ctrl alt del are the other two. may I recommend them as excellent?

Never heard of ctrl-alt-del comic. Could u please post the link??
btw... Megatokio rulez!!

ADD::: Check out www.mekkablue.com
It's a webcomic from a teacher of me...
Sounds strange, but it is'nt!
rightclickscott
Lychee wrote:
Never heard of ctrl-alt-del comic. Could u please post the link??

www.ctrlaltdel-online.com
or
www.cad-comic.com

Your pick.
Lychee
Thanks!
BTW It rocks!