FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

PhpBB Mods

Bockman
Just another suggestion to keep us busy here at the forum Razz

Is it possible to add a bank and shop mod so we can all have a litle go with our credits? i like playing with money Laughing
and shop for somethings (wich we could think about after your oppinions on this mods)

Be Well Cool
homer09001
i know there are some pretty good abnk and shop mods out there they are just a fart on installing them i tried doing manually once it took me hours and it still didnt work but i found easymod now so might try it again.
Helios
Where can I get EasyMod?

and it´s good here w/o this mod..
becasue when there will be a good thingy in the shop to buy people will want to get it so they´ll probably spam to get money..

but a bank mod for the FRIH will be nice =)
homer09001
look on the mod database on www.phpbb.com its there if not just type "
"Easymodd phpbb mod" in google
theo
homer09001 wrote:
look on the mod database on www.phpbb.com its there if not just type "
"Easymodd phpbb mod" in google

That's great
ive made it already
n0obie4life
Helios wrote:
Where can I get EasyMod?

and it´s good here w/o this mod..
becasue when there will be a good thingy in the shop to buy people will want to get it so they´ll probably spam to get money..

but a bank mod for the FRIH will be nice =)

you find it at

http://area51.phpbb.com
homer09001
never ever ever ever ever ever install mods on your forum unless 1 they are 100% certified by phpbb.com and always try to avoid installing mods manualy not only is the chances of screwing your forum high but it takies for ever for some of the decent mods out there.

Download and install easymod it is so much quicker and easier and if you forum screws up after installing a mod you can simply copy the old backups it makes of all you files when it installs a mod.
Alienz
homer09001 wrote:
never ever ever ever ever ever install mods on your forum unless 1 they are 100% certified by phpbb.com and always try to avoid installing mods manualy not only is the chances of screwing your forum high but it takies for ever for some of the decent mods out there.

Download and install easymod it is so much quicker and easier and if you forum screws up after installing a mod you can simply copy the old backups it makes of all you files when it installs a mod.

All my mods is installed manully Wink
homer09001
but do you make backups and how long does it take you to install mods

does the time it takes to isntall a mod and the risk of it screwing up worh it?

at least with easymod it backs up all files b4 writing new parts in!
Alienz
homer09001 wrote:
but do you make backups and how long does it take you to install mods

does the time it takes to isntall a mod and the risk of it screwing up worh it?

at least with easymod it backs up all files b4 writing new parts in!

I do backups when the mods is hard to install. The mods install .txt file has estimated time to finish installing a mod. For me, its around those time.

I also tried installing two mods using easyMod but both gave errors to me. Guess I had alot of mods which alter the files that easymod can't find Confused
HalfBrian
EasyMOD has trouble with the template files that are not subSilver based, and even then, there are some. I like to use EasyMOD and then manually fix any errors with it.

As for shop mods, I think www.phpbbhacks.com has one or two, but as home09001 said, it would be best to get it from the phpBB mods database, but they do not have one.
n0obie4life
homer09001 wrote:

wow, like that it makes almost all hacks useless...i make my own for personal use anyway Wink.

the best way is to make a area51.*domain*.com or make a apache server with mysql and php and run it on ur pc first.
homer09001
n0obie4life wrote:
homer09001 wrote:

wow, like that it makes almost all hacks useless...i make my own for personal use anyway Wink.

the best way is to make a area51.*domain*.com or make a apache server with mysql and php and run it on ur pc first.

not really because virtually all the mods on the phpbb database are built arround a required standard that easymod can read ther are the odd one that easymod cant read but when that happens just instal parts manually thats all i do
n0obie4life
homer09001 wrote:
n0obie4life wrote:
homer09001 wrote:

not really because virtually all the mods on the phpbb database are built arround a required standard that easymod can read ther are the odd one that easymod cant read but when that happens just instal parts manually thats all i do

the odd ones are not phpBB templates, therefore they won't be approved Rolling Eyes . easymod is configured to do everything that is phpBB (their template/words to use...), it only doesn't do SQL Very Happy.